Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By McJag
  • 2 Post By BITTER
  • 5 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 1 Post By GRuser1

Thread: Pauley Perrett Violently Attacked by Psychotic Homeless Man

Default Pauley Perrett Violently Attacked by Psychotic Homeless Man

Pauley Perrette Is 'Grateful to Be Alive' After Violent Attack by 'Psychotic Homeless Man'Actress Pauley Perrette revealed early Friday morning that she "almost died" after she was assaulted by a homeless man upon exiting her Hollywood home.
    The 46-year-old NCIS star recounted the entire terrifying event to her 667,000 Twitter followers, but admitted that she was "hesitant about tweeting" the news.
    "I was walking across my street to a new guest house I bought to meet my architect. On my street, I was jumped by a VERY psychotic homeless man," she recalled. "He grabbed me forcefully, pinned my arm, punched me in the nose, forehead, repeatedly telling me he was going to kill me. Then he showed me how he was going to kill me."
    Provided by CBS Interactive Inc.The actress said the man kept repeating his name, William, and in attempt to calm him down, she said, "William is a beautiful name. I have a nephew named William."
    So, tonight was awful, life changing and I'm only grateful to be alive. It's here: pic.twitter.com/vXIT1pkVRc
    Pauley Perrette (@PauleyP) November 13, 2015
    "That's all I said, all I did, other than praying my heart out," Perrette recounted. "He started to punch me again, and then said, 'Get the f--- out of here.'"
    The CBS star said she immediately texted a friend and a police officer from her church, who had her draw a sketch of the man. She said he was arrested after police followed her friend to him.
    The LAPD confirmed Perrette's story and told ET they were contacted at 5:14 p.m. on Thursday. The police booked a 45-year-old white male named David Merck for felony battery after arresting him at a Hollywood 7-11 around 6 p.m. He is still in custody and bail is set at $100,000.
    "I am shaken and traumatized," she said in her Twitter message. "My house, my beloved Hollywood. My beloved homeless people that I spend my life protecting. ...My life changed tonight."
    She then insisted that "we need full mental health care" and "housing and help for the homeless."
    She concluded her tweet: "I almost died tonight."

Pauley Perrette Is 'Grateful to Be Alive' After Violent Attack by 'Psychotic Homeless Man'
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

That was scary! She is lucky.
    Bluebonnet and Lalasnake like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

She's awesome.

So his name wasn't William?

How totally horrifying and random. Glad she wasn't hurt worse. And happening right in front of her house, damn I'd be scared to walk out the front door again.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Glad it turned out well.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I read this on Facebook this morning; how awful for her. She is lucky. A lot of the homeless people have serious mental problems. It's a shame, because it sounds like she loved helping the homeless, and this traumatic experience might change that.
    Bluebonnet and Lalasnake like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm glad she's come through as well as can be expected. She's the reason I get to watch NCIS without any grumbling from the other half.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Not all homeless people are crazy and not all crazy people are homeless. I worked several years ago at The Salvation Army and 98% of the "clients" we had were sweet decent people who either lost their jobs and/or had serious medical problems which prevented them from finding gainful employment and had no one to help. Of course, there were those who had substance abuse problems and some did suffer depression or bi-polar disorder but they were by no means violent. IMHO, the people who ran that particular Salvation Army were the mean ones! Geez!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Elite Member

Depending on the age group in question, and how homelessness is defined, the consensus estimate as of 2010 was that, at minimum, 26% of the American homeless—165,000 individuals were seriously mentally ill at any given point in time. (HUD 2013) Over 200,000 with any mental illness are homeless. More would be homeless if these were annual counts rather than point-in-time counts
    Homeless Mentally Ill Facts, Figures and Anecdotes- MENTAL ILLNESS POLICY ORG.

That is so sad.

Very scary. When I lived in LA, the amount of homeless people that were obviously mentally ill was incredible. They used my neighbors yard (a few doors down) as their own private bath and toilet. They would bathe and shit in their hot tub. It was awful. They couldn't even use their yard in the evening because the homeless would just barge in and be belligerent.

Whoa really? I live not too far fromhomeless/hooker central, between Santa Monica and Melrose and they're not even that bad here. It's strange how they hardly ever come into the residential blocks, it's like they know to stay on the main drags.

Hollywood though, yeah I can see this happening. This was my main fear when I had to take the city bus to work, getting attacked by someone psychotic or schizophrenic.

^^It was crazy because I lived in Sherman Oaks. Which is like suburbia in the valley.

Elite Member

Transient denies attacking NCIS actress

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/transient-denies-attacking-ncis-actress/ar-BBn670K?ocid=

Associated Press
    22 hrs ago

Jim Smeal/BEI/REX Shutterstock

A homeless man has pleaded not guilty to attacking and threatening to kill NCIS actress Pauley Perrette.

David Merck, 45, entered pleas on Monday to false imprisonment by violence and making a criminal threat.

He could face up to four years in prison if convicted.

Perrette said a man she described as psychotic and homeless repeatedly punched her in the face and threatened to kill her outside her Hollywood home last Thursday.

The case made national headlines after Perrette described the brutal encounter on her Twitter account.

"Some guy walked right past me with a dog that licked my face," Perrette recounted. "He was on his phone, annoyed. Did nothing."

The actress plays forensic investigator Abby on the hit police procedural drama. She has also appeared in such films such as The Ring and Almost Famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    That is so sad.
    It is awful, but sadly not surprising: mental illness makes it very difficult for people to find a job, which in turns makes it difficult to keep a home and medical help, which only makes things worse.

I am not sure if there is any solution to this, but I know that stigmatizing mental ilness and poverty makes things a lot worse, and this could easily be changed.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Thread Information