Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Foo Fighters launch Europe tour by accepting a viral invitation to rural Italy

Elite Member

Default Foo Fighters launch Europe tour by accepting a viral invitation to rural Italy

Foo Fighters launch Europe tour by accepting a viral invitation to rural Italy

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/music/foo-fighters-launch-europe-tour-by-accepting-a-viral-invitation-to-rural-italy/ar-BBmQcPC?ocid=

dw.com
    Deutsche Welle 4/11/2015

( Francesco Castaldo) Dave Grohl

For anyone who thought rock stars were flakey and unreliable, the Foo Fighters have proven you wrong - and given a "once in a lifetime show" in the process.

The American rockers kept a big promise on Tuesday (03.11.2015) by performing a concert in the tiny Italian village of Cesena.

The concert was the result of a very personal - and very elaborate - invitation by 1,000 musicians from the Cesena area. Organized by Fabio Zaffagnini, they filmed a mass rendition of the Foo Fighters' 1999 song "Learn to Fly" in order to convince the Seattle-based band to visit their town of 100,000 on the Adriatic Sea.

Dubbed Rockin'1000, the group celebrated Tuesday's concert - even if they couldn't totally believe that their efforts had paid off.

"We are beyond excited and honored to come play for Cesena," Foo Fighter front man Dave Grohl wrote on Facebook two weeks ago, announcing the unusual gig. "An experience like this comes once in a lifetime, so I'm looking forward to a once in a lifetime show."

Provided by Deutsche Welle

Since the Rockin'1000 video was published on YouTube in July, it has gone viral and been viewed over 26 million times - an invitation the Foo Fighters simply couldn't ignore.

"I am super happy, but I still have to recover from what has happened," said Zaffagnini, who met the band in the US in August.

The Foo Fighters' Europe tour officially launches Thursday in Amsterdam, followed by shows in Germany, Poland, Austria, Italy, France, and Spain.
    Tati and panic like this.

I saw the Foo Fighters at ACL in September here in Atown and they were amazing. Grohl comes across as very capable, charming and the whole package. This video looks like quite an accomplishment and how cool is it that they are working them into their european tour!? what a fun show that will be!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I like some of their songs but that whole AIDS denial thing made me dislike them a lot.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

The Rockin1000 video was amazing!
    bootspaige likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It was amazing. I just love this band.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Wow, I knew the Foo Fighters were a popular band, but I didn't know they could inspire a bunch of people to do this.
    bootspaige likes this.

Everything rock and roll should be.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

They have canceled the rest of their European tour after the events in Paris yesterday. So sad but I'm glad they got to play to the Rockin 1000 guys in Italy.

Foo Fighters cancel European tour following Paris terrorist attack

U2 and Coldplay also call off scheduled performances

BY ALEX YOUNG
    ON NOVEMBER 15, 2015, 2:24AM

In the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris, Foo Fighters have canceled the remainder of their European tour.
    The band said in a statement, “It is with profound sadness and heartfelt concern for everyone in Paris that we have been forced to announce the cancellation of the rest of our tour. In light of this senseless violence, the closing of borders, and international mourning, we can’t continue right now. There is no other way to say it. This is crazy and it sucks. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who was hurt or who lost a loved one.”
    Additionally, U2 have canceled a pair of shows in Paris this weekend that were due to be broadcast on HBO. Meanwhile, Coldplay postponed a live stream performance scheduled in Los Angeles on Friday night.

I am sad to see them cancel. Add extra security or something but don't give in to the fear.
    Kittylady likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I could never get into this band. I prefer Dave Grohl as a drummer, not a front man.
    faithanne likes this.

He's an amazing front man. I'm actually surprised they canceled. They don't seem the type to give in.
    greysfang and bootspaige like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

It is a shame they are not going to continue, but I don't blame them. A lot of the private security companies they would hire to protect them are being honest about it now and saying they can't really be 100% sure they can protect them. I have a several friends and a family member who work and own such companies and that is what they were telling me. Because things have really changed and they can't rely on a lot of the information they get from local and federal because it's not 100% reliable.

Plus they have to think of the safety of their crew like the poor merchandise manager of the EODM who didn't make it out.

This sucks, but I understand. I hope they already played in that small Italian town who did that tribute to get them to play there.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Love the rockin 1000 video. Foo Fighters got some good lyrics, always liked them.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information