Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Rowan Atkinson divorced in 65 seconds on grounds of his 'unreasonable behaviour'

Default Rowan Atkinson divorced in 65 seconds on grounds of his 'unreasonable behaviour'

Rowan Atkinson divorced in 65 seconds on grounds of his 'unreasonable behaviour'

The Mr Bean and Blackadder star's estranged wife of 24 years is granted a decree nisi after he left her for a comedy actress half his age

Rowan Atkinson with wife Sunetra at the Johnny Enlgish Reborn premier Photo: PA

By Agency
    7:23PM GMT 10 Nov 2015

Actor Rowan Atkinson's wife has been granted a divorce on the grounds of his "unreasonable behaviour" after he left her for a comedy actress half his age.

The Mr Bean and Blackadder star was not present at the 65-second proceedings in central London.

Estranged wife Sunetra was granted a decree nisi against the 60-year-old by a district judge at the Central Family Court.

Atkinson and Sunetra pictured in 1990 Photo: UPPA

Atkinson married the make-up artist in 1990. He has been dating 32-year-old Louise Ford for 18 months.

She has appeared in Channel 4's Misfits and starred alongside Inbetweeners actors Simon Bird and Joe Thomas in Sky’s Chickens.
    Divorce papers made public today did not give any details relating to the unreasonable behaviour ground.

Rowan Atkinson as Mr Bean
    Listed as Atkinson S D v R S, the case was the fourth in a list of 26 before District Judge Stephen Alderson for decrees and orders to be made under the "quickie" procedure.
    The County Durham-born actor and his wife, who have two children, are reported to have split last year.

"Even in the happiest of marriages, it's always possible to find behaviour which can be described as unreasonable."
    Andrew Newbury

Andrew Newbury, head of family law at Slater and Gordon, said: "Unreasonable behaviour is the most common ground for divorce.
    "Even in the happiest of marriages, it's always possible to find behaviour which can be described as unreasonable."
    Mr Newbury said such behaviour could include complaints that "she talks too much", or "he never listens", or that a husband "always wants to go out with friends".

He added: "Although described as granting a divorce, the divorce itself won't be made final until Sunetra Atkinson applies for the decree absolute.
    "She can do that six weeks after today. She may well be advised by her lawyers to delay the application until the financial settlement has been agreed.
    "It could be many months before the divorce is final."

Rowan Atkinson divorced in 65 seconds on grounds of his 'unreasonable behaviour' - Telegraph
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Wow. That came as a surprise! And I'm not usually shocked anymore.

I'm picturing him putting the moves on this Louise Ford while in the character of Mr Bean.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically it's a normal divorce proceeding and they're trying to make it more salacious by exploring people's ignorance of British legal jargon re: divorce proceedings and trying to make something of the fact that the hearing lasted only minute.

I mean, it sucks that he left his wife and all but I'm a little confused by the angle the article is going for. I guess the Telegraph is too polite to go full tabloid and call this a cheating scandal?
    A*O and mostlylurking like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I bet she ll take a great big chunk of their fortune and she ll live happily ever after..Its almost two years he left her.
    BITTER likes this.

There are women that find him attractive? He's not even goofball attractive.

Wow, his wife is gorgeous, and so is their daughter:

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    There are women that find him attractive? He's not even goofball attractive.
    No but there are women that find his bank balance attractive.
    effie2, darksithbunny and HWBL like this.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

His wife (ex) is very pretty. So is the daughter, she just needs to fix her hair.

Elite Member

He's so fugly. I don't find him amusing in any way, he's annoying and stupid.
    Slushie and ChemicalHelena like this.

I don't now much about Rowan besides Mr. Bean, which I love but my opinion of a man always lowers pretty substantially when he does something like this.

But do we know he did anything? He's been with the new squeeze a year and a half, and he & the wife separated last year, doesn't necessarily mean there was an overlap

^I mean dating a woman half his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    ^I mean dating a woman half his age.
    And the new woman is NOT hotter than his wife. Mystery abounds here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information