Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Country Singer Joey Feek Enters Hospice

Elite Member

Default Country Singer Joey Feek Enters Hospice

I've never heard of them but this story tugged at my heart. They have a 1 year old little girl.

Hours after a nationwide prayer vigil, Joey + Rory singer Joey Feek was admitted into an Indiana hospital. Her husband says home hospice is next.
    Feek ended colorectal cancer treatments in late October, choosing to return home instead of continuing chemotherapy. Rory Feek has been providing updates through his This Life I Live blog, and on Monday morning, he revealed hospice was beginning.
    “Not the answer we hoped for,” Rory writes, “but the answer He has given us.” The 4AM trip to the hospital was brought on by Joey’s unbearable pain, caused by inflammation of cancer tumors.
    Now, the plan is to keep Joey comfortable. Visits from the couple’s toddler, Indiana, are helping.
    “The last couple of mornings, I’ve brought Indiana up here to spend time with her mama. Both of their eyes light up the moment they see each other,” Rory explains. Joey has been spending time recording her voice reading books for the 1-year-old — gifts from fans, Rory adds. “Joey’s hope is that our little one will be able to sit on my lap in days to come and turn pages and hear her mama reading to her.”
    “Hospice is arranged and a hospital bed will be delivered later this morning. We’ll have a play area on the carpet nearby – close enough for her to watch Indy play, and for Indy to turn and make sure her mama can see her.”
    Last Thursday night, fans, friends family and fellow country stars joined in for a prayer vigil. “Pray for a miracle, and even more so for peace with His decision,” is what Rory urged fans to say. “God answered,” he says in Monday’s update.
    “Joey is at peace with where she is and where she’s going. So am I.”

Read More: Joey Feek at Peace as She Enters Hospice | Joey Feek at Peace as She Enters Hospice

This is so sad. She's a beautiful woman and I liked them together. I had no idea she'd had a baby recently.
    OCD likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

OCD

This really got to me. Cervical cancer is supposed to be the cancer that is nearly impossible to die of in a 1st world country. My doctor even emphasized that to me after I had some pre-cancerous stuff show up during a gyno visit a few years ago. Just seems so scary and tragic, and having just had a child right around the time of diagnosis makes it even more so. I just don't understand why they didn't catch it in time. Cancer is such a fucking vile disease.

i like them, they are the real deal. How awful that they have to go thru this.
    greysfang likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

This is really heartbreaking:
    Joey Feek Under Hospice Care : People.com

Joey Feek Under Hospice Care: She is 'At Peace with Where She is and Where She's Going'

Joey Feek with daughter Indiana
    Courtesy Rory Feek

By Danielle Anderson
    @dak5000 11/09/2015 AT 04:30 PM EST

Joey Feek of the husband and wife country duo Joey & Rory is now on hospice care.

The singer, 40, who first revealed she had been battling cervical cancer in June of last year, had announced she was no longer undergoing treatment to fight the disease just last month.

Rory Feek made the heartbreaking update to his blog, This Life I Live, on Monday, revealing that the cancer is very aggressive and is causing Joey a lot of pain.

"At 4 a.m. on Friday morning we rushed Joey to the hospital in Muncie. Her pain had become too much to bare," Feek wrote. "A few hours later the doctors told us that the pain was from the cancer tumors continuing to grow and become inflamed and we need to concentrate now on helping her be comfortable.

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

"Not the answer we hoped for ... but the answer He has given us," wrote Feek, a devout Christian.

"After a series of different medications that didn’t seem to touch the pain – heavy doses of morphine brought Joey sweet relief," wrote Feek. "I spent the night in the hospital with her last night. Today we are planning to bring her home."

Courtesy Rory Feek

Joey + Rory at the ACM Awards in 2013
    Denise Truscello / WireImage

The couple's 20-month-old daughter Indiana has also been helping to lift mom's spirits.

"The last couple of mornings, I've brought Indiana up here to spend time with her mama," he wrote. "Both of their eyes light up the moment they see each other. It's been beautiful.

"Yesterday I sat her down in front of her mama and they smiled and played and loved each other the way that only mamas and their little ones can. Afterwards, when Indy got sleepy, Joey held her and sang 'In The Garden' and other hymns as she softly stroked her silky-blonde hair. Perfect love filled that hospital room as we all held our breath and wiped our eyes."

Joey has also been recording her voice onto storybooks so that she can continue to read to her daughter even after she's gone.

Courtesy Rory Feek

"The books are gifts from fans and friends that seemed to know how important it is to connect today to tomorrow for our little girl. Joey's hope is that our little one will be able to sit on my lap in days to come and turn pages and hear her mama reading to her."

A hospice bed was set to be delivered to the family's home on Monday, so that Feek can live out the remainder of her days where she's most comfortable.

"We'll have a play area on the carpet nearby – close enough for her to watch Indy play, and for Indy to turn and make sure her mama can see her," wrote Feek.

"Joey is at peace with where she is and where she’s going," wrote Feek. "So am I."

How heartbreaking

Never heard of them, but how terribly sad.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

The picture of her with her daughter breaks my heart.

I don't know who they are but this is so sad. Good wishes to all the family.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

oh my lord. sooooo very sad. Prayer for her journey and her families healing.

Sad. Apropos of nothing, the baby has Downs Syndrome.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

^^I know, I saw that.
    The whole thing is sad.

I remember seeing them on a cooking show...think it was the food truck thing last year, and at that time had no idea who they were.

Terribly sad.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Gold Member

How heartbreaking.

I had this little family on my mind all weekend after reading that there were no other treatment options for Joey. There was a video making the rounds on Facebook recently that was just adorable. Joey is in a hospital cafeteria with her daughter, and the little girl keeps making this hilarious face to get her mama to laugh. It is the most precious thing, and the thought that they are about to be parted just breaks my heart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information