Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: KISS frontman Paul Stanley addresses gay rumors

Elite Member

Default KISS frontman Paul Stanley addresses gay rumors

KISS frontman Paul Stanley addresses gay rumors

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/kiss-frontman-paul-stanley-addresses-gay-rumours/ar-CC6SU9?li=AAabC8j&ocid=

AAP
    4 hrs ago

Paul Kane/Getty Images Paul Stanley says as long as you are a good person, sexuality shouldn't matter but just for the record he is actually straight.

KISS frontman Paul Stanley can't escape rumors suggesting he's gay.

The rocker has always found the speculation about his sexuality "odd and interesting", and admits he no longer cares what people think.

"If I were (gay), I'd be proud to be whatever I am," he tells New Zealand broadcaster Robert Scott. "As long as you're a good person, sexual orientation and stuff like that is totally irrelevant.

"That being said, besides having four children, honestly, I never saw a guy where I said, 'Gee, that's a close second to a woman'. Honestly, I never looked and said, 'You know, if I can't have that girl over there, I'm taking the bloke', you know what I mean? So that's always been really interesting - that some people can't find a way to take my comfort with sexuality to misreading it as something it's not.

"I more scratch my head at that. So that's always been something that was, and is, persistent. And I just kind of go, 'Well, the boys may not understand, but the women always did'. They got it in more ways than one!"

I've met him quite a few times, never got a gay vibe. His speech impediment might make some people think he is, because there are idiots that think all gay men lisp.

FWIW Ace Frehley has always had 'bi' rumors swirling around him too. But you know, rock stars, drugs, the 70s. What's a little cocksucking amongst consenting adults.
    A*O, idunno, gas_chick and 5 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

He always got grief for that rose tat on his arm too. I always thought if Paul were gay he'd embrace it and try to make money off of it!!!

I could totally see Ace getting down for some drugs. Like you said, it was the 70's!!!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I've met him quite a few times, never got a gay vibe. His speech impediment might make some people think he is, because there are idiots that think all gay men lisp.

FWIW Ace Frehley has always had 'bi' rumors swirling around him too. But you know, rock stars, drugs, the 70s. What's a little cocksucking amongst consenting adults.
    Ace frequents a local Chinese place in the Bronx for about 30 years now. I've seen him there numerous times with both men and women, looking pretty cozy. He's a nice guy, people interrupt his meals and he's always kind about it.
    gas_chick likes this.

Paul is my fave member of KISS, and I can totally see why people think this about him. I've wondered myself. I was just curious, witchcurlgirl, you mentioned a speech impediment you noticed when you met him...was it because of his ear? Isn't he either missing or greatly hampered in one ear? Also, what was he like? I've heard he prefers high class, intelligent people to mingle with. Does he come off as really intelligent? Or maybe just snobby?
    Last edited by LastLook; November 13th, 2015 at 01:26 AM.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Isn't Ace the one with the nazi obsession?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Isn't Ace the one with the nazi obsession?
    Paul Stanley said Ace and Criss were anti-Semitic and Ace collected Nazi memorabilia. Ace and Criss once dressed up as Nazis at a concert in Japan.

I don't know about them dressing up but Paul has said plenty of stuff about Ace and Peter that I'm not sure is entirely true.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Well the "SS" in KISS always made me uncomfortable (it's lightning! cried my KISS tragic friends) so I wasn't surprised when I heard he's into Nazi shit. But isn't Gene jewish? I don't know how he could be okay with that.

Elite Member

MTV Hive: What about that time when you purportedly burst into Gene's hotel room while wearing a full Nazi uniform and started shouting "Sieg Heil" at him?
    Ace: Well, for one thing, it wasn't just me. Paul and Peter were there, too. They were all dressed as Nazis.
    MTV Hive: Okay, I didn't know that, but I'm not sure if that makes it less creepy or weird.
    Ace: We had gone to a toy store in Japan and there was all these old Nazi uniforms. We ended up buying a bunch of them as a joke. We had a few drinks and we dressed up in the uniforms, and we were taking a few pictures, admiring them, and somebody said, "Hey, let's knock on Gene's room and surprise him." In retrospect it was really not a cool thing to do. I think he was caught off guard.
    MTV Hive: I'm sure anybody visited by three Nazi officers in the middle of the night would be a little confused and freaked out.
    Ace: Yeah, but Gene's mom was in a concentration camp. In hindsight, I feel bad about it. It probably brought back some negative memories for him. But when you're in the heat of the moment sometimes, you don't realize that you're doing something that could hurt somebody. I want to go on record saying I don't believe in Hitler or his ideology or anything he stood for.

Read more at Ace Frehley Talks About 'No Regrets' Book In New Interview - Blabbermouth.net

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Well the "SS" in KISS always made me uncomfortable (it's lightning! cried my KISS tragic friends) so I wasn't surprised when I heard he's into Nazi shit. But isn't Gene jewish? I don't know how he could be okay with that.
    Gene and Paul are both Jewish. What's weird is in that story by Charmed Hour, Ace is claiming that Paul Stanley wore the Nazi uniform, too.

Bronze Member

All you have to do is watch Paul Stanley in any of the videos KISS put out in the 80's and of course you're hit with the question of is he or isn't he?

Mr. GossipJunkie is a Music Junkie, and has been into KISS since he was 7 years old. I'll ask him tomorrow about all these other rumors like the Nazi uniforms etc

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Gene and Paul are both Jewish. What's weird is in that story by Charmed Hour, Ace is claiming that Paul Stanley wore the Nazi uniform, too.
    I don't know if Ace is the most reliable narrator, especially concerning that period of his life. Having read all four band member biographies, I came away with the impression that Ace had the best stories to tell, if only he could remember them all.

Elite Member

Criss wrote about the incident in his autobiography as well.

I thought Paul made the claim about Ace being a Nazi collector in his autobiography then Ace countered with the story about them all in Japan, as though that was the extent of his interest in Nazi costumes. I don't believe him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information