• 1 Post By rollo
  • 1 Post By Mrs P
  • 1 Post By MsDark
  • 1 Post By Mrs P

Thread: Britney Spears 'losing to Céline Dion in Vegas'

Elite Member

Default Britney Spears 'losing to Céline Dion in Vegas'

Britney Spears 'losing to Céline Dion in Vegas'

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/music/britney-spears-losing-to-céline-dion-in-vegas/ar-BBmIyO6?li=AA59yp&ocid=

Cover Media
    covermg.com 29 mins ago

© Provided by Cover Media

Britney Spears is apparently losing the Vegas ticket war to powerhouse performer Céline Dion.

Since her residency began at Planet Hollywood in 2013, Britney, 33, has ruled Sin City with her energetic show. Céline, 47, has always been a popular fixture too, beginning her shows at Caesar's Palace in 2002. She returned to the venue in 2011, but was forced to take a break in 2014 to look after her husband René Angélil who is fighting throat cancer. She triumphantly returned to the stage in August 15, which has apparently hampered sales of Britney's show.

"It’s a Vegas war now that Céline is back, and Britney is losing in a major way," a source commented to Page Six. "Céline has sold out almost every show.

"Britney got off to a really good start, but her fans aren’t particularly Vegas people. It’s hard to keep people interested in an act like Britney Spears since she’s a 1990s, 2000s pop star. That fan base doesn’t really come to Vegas to see shows.”

Mega DJs like Calvin Harris also dominate the bill on the Las Vegas strip, which could be one reason why younger people chose to shun the mainstream shows. Acts like Céline and other legendary performers such as Elton John still attract packed out auditoriums, but that's because their target audience is older, according to the insider.

"Britney’s fans are young adults who grew up with her as little girls. How many times do they (go to) Vegas?” asked the source. "She can fill arenas, but a residency is another beast. A residency is different from a worldwide tour. Those seats have to be filled every night, and that’s difficult to do with a younger fan base.”

One person that Britney is hoping will catch the show is British superstar Adele, who's back with a new album after a four-year hiatus. After admitting she'd love to catch Britney's show in an interview, the Stronger singer was quick to offer a swap.

"@Adele I’ll trade you 2 tickets to my show for 2 tickets to YOURS! Stop by #PieceOfMe and say #Hello anytime!!" Britney tweeted.

Hit By Ban Bus!

So Britney gets like a million dollars less for miming.....hard life bro!
    greysfang and kasippu like this.

Really? I guess the view depends on the source, Britney's show doesn't collide in time with Celine or any DJ, and she got the pay raise.

Sounds like jelly to me. My son is going to Vegas this month when he turns 21 and he said he and his friends are going to see Britney. lol! I remember when he had pictures of her on his wall. He joked about getting a kiss from her and I had to tell him that Brit has a "people too close to her freak her out disorder".

Energetic show?

I guess stomping and climbing on swings isn't really most people's thing.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

HA. So the one that actually sings and doesn't mime is making more? PSsssfftttt. Shocking.
    rollo likes this.

My tits hurt just looking at that pic.

Of course Celine makes more. There's no way Britters (even if she really did sing) could ever match that work ethic.
    bootspaige likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

No kidding, Mrs. Dark. Who thought that was a good look? I know, let's cram them into this stiff fabric and smush them up so they seem really tall and lopsided! yay

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    My tits hurt just looking at that pic.

I know right? It's like they are screaming LET us the fuck out of hereeeeee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownBitch View Post
    I know right? It's like they are screaming LET us the fuck out of hereeeeee!!!
    Reminds me of the scene in Showgirls when Cristal Connors gets her top adjusted so her tits aren't "levitating".
    Beeyotch likes this.

Thread Information