Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By stella blue
  • 1 Post By NickiDrea
  • 1 Post By needmeds

Thread: Adele opens up on motherhood: 'It's f**king hard to be a mum'

Default Adele opens up on motherhood: 'It's f**king hard to be a mum'

She misses her youth: “I think the album is about trying to clear out the past. Becoming a parent and moving past my mid-twenties, I simply don’t have the capacity to worry about as many things that I used to really enjoy worrying about.” She loved worrying? “Oh yeah, I used to f–king love the drama of all of it, but now I’m a mum I only have so much head space. I’ve got to clear a lot of stuff the f–k out, which is really therapeutic, ’cause I can really hold a grudge. Life is so much easier when you don’t hoard your past.”

She doesn’t want to make ‘21’ again: “I was very conscious not to make 21 again. I definitely wasn’t going to write a heartbreak record ’cause I’m not heartbroken, but I probably won’t be able to better the one I did, so what’s the point? Bit cliché, innit? Also, how I felt when I wrote 21, it ain’t worth feeling like that again. I was very sad and very lonely. Regardless of being a mum or a girlfriend, I didn’t want to feel like that again.”

Being a mum:
    “It’s f–king hard. I thought it would be easy. ‘Everyone f–king does it, how hard can it be?’ Ohhhhh… I had no idea. It is hard but it’s phenomenal. It’s the greatest thing I ever did. He makes me be a dickhead, and he makes me feel young and there’s nothing more grounding than a kid kicking off and refusing to do what you’re asking of them. It used to be that my own world revolved around me, but now it has to revolve around him.”

She’s all about living in England:
    “When I’m away, I really, really miss my life at home. The way that I feel when I’m not in England, is… desperation. I can’t breathe anywhere else.” Why? “I dunno. I’m so attached to my whole life here. I get worked up that I’m missing out on things. So Hello is about wanting to be at home and wanting to reach out to everyone I’ve ever hurt – including myself – and apologise for it… I feel like everyone thinks I’m so far away and I’m not. Everyone thinks I live in f–king America, I don’t. Sometimes I think people worry about chatting to me, that I’ve changed. But I like to think I haven’t. I don’t feel like I have.”

Why she didn’t promote “Skyfall” that much:
    “I gave birth a few nights before the Skyfall premiere, that’s why I didn’t do anything for it. He was about to drop out my fanny at, like, any moment.”

Pop culture stuff: She’s not on Facebook and doesn’t do Netflix or podcasts, but she’s obsessed with MTV’s Teen Mom, the Walking Dead and American Horror Story.

Does she dislike fame?
    “I’m just frightened of it, you know? Frightened of it destroying me and it ruining me, and me getting lost and turning into some of the people that I love with my whole musical heart. I get frightened. And I get frightened for the people that I love, feeling like they’ve lost me… It’s a bit toxic, fame. I’ve got enough toxins in me body, I don’t need any of that! It’s definitely harder to avoid it than it is to give into it. I think most people tend to give into it because it is easier, but I just can’t. I’m uncomfortable with giving into that kind of thing. Me being photographed in Waitrose is being famous for no reason and that is something that I am not up for and I will not stand for, for myself.” She avoids pap hot-spots like Bond Street and Soho. “It’s not me trying to be like f–king anti-famous c-nt-y, I just want to have a real life so I can write records. No one wants to listen to a record from someone that’s lost touch with reality. So I live a low-key life for my fans.”

[From I-D]

http://www.celebitchy.com/454142/adele_covers_i-d_the_way_that_i_feel_when_im_not_in_england_is_de speration/

she is just the best.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I approve!

Why she didn’t promote “Skyfall” that much: “I gave birth a few nights before the Skyfall premiere, that’s why I didn’t do anything for it. He was about to drop out my fanny at, like, any moment.”
    Hahahahahaha. That's awesome.
    Belt Up, Merlot-N-Bali and Mrs P like this.

I absolutely adore Adele.

To all other celebs: this is how you give an interview. Adele is so down to Earth and awesome. I have never read a bad interview with her.
    Cinnamon*Girl likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Agree. Just fell in love with her a little more.
    nana51 likes this.

Thread Information