Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ryan Reynolds pays tribute to late father, James Reynolds, with touching photo

Elite Member

Default Ryan Reynolds pays tribute to late father, James Reynolds, with touching photo

Ryan Reynolds pays tribute to late father with touching photo

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainme...oto/ar-BBmxADD

The Huffington Post
    Cole Delbyck 13 hrs ago

Ryan Reynolds took to Twitter to pay tribute to his late father James Reynolds, who died on Oct. 25 after a 20-year battle with Parkinson's disease.

On Wednesday, the actor shared the tragic news on his social media account with a link to The Michael J. Fox Foundation For Parkinson's Research for followers to support or donate. The tweet included an old childhood photo of his father holding him as an infant, with the caption, "RIP Pops. James C. Reynolds. 1941-2015."

Ryan Reynolds Verified account ‏@VancityReynolds

RIP Pops. James C. Reynolds. 1941-2015 If possible, please donate/support: http://www.michaeljfox.org

Reynolds bonded with Michael J. Fox over their shared connection to the debilitating disease, in hopes of finding a cure. The two sat down with the "Today" show last year to discuss their efforts and share stories about the impact Parkinson's has had on their own lives.

“[My father] comes from a pretty prideful generation. And he doesn’t really talk about it too much,” Reynolds remarked. “But, he’s maybe said it once or twice out loud."

The "Deadpool" also actor penned an essay for The Huffington Post in 2008 where he described the painful experience of witnessing the development of the disease.

"I've watched my father -- a strong and proud person who successfully raised 4 arguably insane children -- slowly, cruelly stripped of his independence," he wrote. "His golden years robbed without explanation."

In his obituary, James is described as "a strong and passionate man who lived life to the fullest" and whose "spirit, stories and memories live on in his sons and grandkids."

Reynolds and wife Blake Lively welcomed their first child together in 2014. Their daughter James shares the same name as Reynolds' father.

Hit By Ban Bus!

That's sweet, I can definitely see the resemblance.

Naming their daughter James makes a lot more sense to me now, seems that would have been the baby's name regardless of gender.

R.I.P James Reynolds Sr.
    gas_chick likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I get it too but they could have called her Jamie, wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Parkinson's is a shitty, shitty disease. Boyfriend's grandpa had it for 30+ years. Even with pretty decent medication his quality of life was pretty fucked.

Though I'd take Parkinson's over Alzheimer's every day. I'd rather be shaking but still myself.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can't take the name Jamie seriously anymore.
    BITTER and Jazzy like this.

I get her name too now and maybe they do call her something more feminine in private. RIP.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

137. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 10/12 **#12**
    In what is becoming a familiar pattern for this foreign born former A+ list mostly movie actor who is now an A lister, he has cut another person out of his life. This time it is his father. Well, let me clarify. His father is in his life in name only and when it suits the actor. Our actor is not exactly known for his good works or deeds. In fact, he is probably in the top five pain in the butt actors to work with. He is a jerk and an a-hole, but is really good looking so keeps getting more chances. Our actor talks a good game about charity and how his father inspired him, but the truth is, when his dad needed him the most after an operation, our actor bailed. His dad had some work done on his brain which had a lot of side effects. Instead of getting his father the help he needs, he cut him off and the dad is now living at an old family friend’s home with no income and no way to work with his condition. Meanwhile, our actor keeps using the dad’s name as an example of how good our actor is. It is an awful situation, but our actor doesn’t care. As always, our actor always puts himself first. Ryan Reynolds (his father has Parkinson's Disease)
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Ho View Post

I can't take the name Jamie seriously anymore.
    Who she be?
    Heidi Ho likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh hi there random public school pupil, may I introduce the 1 time Australia of the year nominee whom graced the cover of Dolly magazine twice!! The one and only Jamie with a apostrophe.
    Last edited by Heidi Ho; October 29th, 2015 at 09:56 AM.
    BITTER likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

BITTER likes this.

LOVE IT!!
    Heidi Ho likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    LOVE IT!!
    I knew you would gretchen
    BITTER likes this.

Wait, that blind describes Ryan Reynolds as handsome! Come on, now!

And... It's Enty, so my bs radar isn't even registering, it's just rolling it's eyes.

Also, my father had Parkinson's, and I'd hesitate to judge any family's actions from the outside. It's a bitch. RIP, Mr. Reynolds. I hope your family can find comfort in the good memories.

I always found Ryan and his wife annoying, but this made me slightly feel for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information