Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By gas_chick

Thread: Comedian Tig Notaro marries Stephanie Allynne after almost three years together

Elite Member

Default Comedian Tig Notaro marries Stephanie Allynne after almost three years together

Comedian Tig Notaro marries Stephanie Allynne after almost three years together... with Sarah Silverman and Alicia Silverstone as guests

Tig Notaro marries Stephanie Allynne in Mississippi after almost 3 years together | Daily Mail Online

By Ross Mcdonagh For Dailymail.com
    Published: 16:17 EST, 28 October 2015 | Updated: 16:35 EST, 28 October 2015

Tig Notaro is a married woman.

The 44-year-old comedienne married her fiancee Stephanie Allynne, 31, in her home town of Pass Christian, Mississippi on Saturday.

The pair tied the knot in front of family and friends, which included Sarah Silverman, Alicia Silverstone, Lake Bell, Lucy Lawless and comedienne Kate Micucci.

Just married: Tig Notaro married her fiancee Stephanie Allynne, 31, in her home town of Pass Christian, Mississippi on Saturday

The couple met on the set of Notaro's 2013 indie comedy In A World... and got engaged on New Year's Day of this year.

Tig shared a few insights into her wedding on her Twitter freed, including that 'Wedding night sex is better than regular sex cause you finally have an excuse to not have it.'

As for the ceremony itself, she claimed that 'Everyone at my wedding reception danced like I was watching', while the day before she opened up about her fear that she would say "I do do" instead of "I do" on the altar.

She also used her feed to drop a wry hint that the big day was approaching when she retweeted last month: 'Sometimes getting married is like pressing the snooze button on a tired relationship, except 10 more minutes is 10 more years.'

All in: The couple met on the set of Notaro's 2013 indie comedy In A World... and got engaged on New Year's Day of this year

According to the Sun Herald, the 'southern' feel reception was held at a family member's home.

Tig revealed in a radio interview shortly after their engagement that the lovebirds were actually dating other people when they decided to take their friendship to the next level.

'We were dating other people and then we started hanging out,' recalled the short-haired performer. 'I liked you immediately for sure.'

She is most known for her dark comedic stand-up routines about dealing with her mother's death, and her personal experiences of fighting breast cancer, during which she underwent a double mastectomy.

She rose to fame as a comedy writer and stand-up act having appeared on The Sarah Silverman Program, The Office and Golden Globe winning show Transparent, before going on to her acclaimed Netflix documentary, and HBO special Tig Notaro: Boyish Girl Interrupted

Next up is Amazon's One Mississipi, produced by fellow comic Louis CK and exec produced by Diablo Cody.

Up and up: Next up for the 44-year-old Amazon's One Mississipi, produced by fellow comic Louis CK and exec produced by Diablo Cody

Who and who?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I like Tig. Congrats.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Tig Notaro is a stand-up comedian and podcaster. After all she's been through, she's deserves some happiness. Good one, Robot.

Thread Information