• 2 Post By Beeyotch
  • 4 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 3 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 1 Post By *Wookie-Chick*
  • 4 Post By KrisNine
  • 2 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 1 Post By panic
  • 1 Post By NickiDrea

Thread: Sarah Silverman talks depression, panic attacks: 'I still have downward spirals'

Default Sarah Silverman talks depression, panic attacks: 'I still have downward spirals'

Her depression and anxiety:
    “It happened as fast as the sun going behind a cloud. You know how you can be fine one moment, and the next it’s, ‘Oh my God, I ***ing have the flu!’? It was like that. Only this flu lasted for three years. My whole perspective changed. I went from being the class clown to not being able to see life in that casual way anymore. I couldn’t deal with being with my friends, I didn’t go to school for months, and I started having panic attacks. People use ‘panic attack’ very casually out here in Los Angeles, but I don’t think most of them really know what it is. Every breath is labored. You are dying. You are going to die. It’s terrifying. And then when the attack is over, the depression is still there. Once, my stepdad asked me, ‘What does it feel like?’ And I said, ‘It feels like I’m desperately homesick, but I’m home.’”

On having kids:
    “A few years ago, I casually said something in an interview about being afraid to have kids because I might pass depression on to them, but I don’t know if I feel that way anymore. I like to think I would therapy through it (instead of helicoptering around my kids in horror that something is wrong with them, like my character Laney). A part of me is baby crazy. A part of me goes, Why not? And every day I add ‘Freeze eggs?’ to the end of my to-do list. Then it keeps getting passed on to the next day’s list. Maybe I’ll adopt. I do have sorrow about the possibility that I may never have my own children.”

Her ongoing journey:
    “And I still have downward spirals, days when I have to drag myself onstage to do stand-up or I’m just tweeting Morrissey lyrics from my bed. But there’s one thing I know that I used to not know: It will pass. And it does. Usually after 24 hours or so of wallowing in depressing music and being the Sylvia Plath of social media, a friend will reach out: ‘Are you OK? I saw that tweet.’ And I’ll sort of snap to it, brush myself off, and get back to life. I’ve learned that keeping busy is a good thing for me. Like my mom always said, you just have to be brave enough to exist through it.”

[From Glamour]

Cele|bitchy | Sarah Silverman: ‘People use panic attack very casually out here in LA’

I still just don't like her.

I would so hit it.

I like the way she describes depression and anxiety.
    Bluebonnet, BITTER and MsDark like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I like the way she describes depression and anxiety.
    i do too CFG, she describes it beautifully
    BITTER likes this.

Depression and anxiety are a bitch. I think once the two have you in their grips, it's damn near impossible to ever be completely rid of them. At least it's been that way for me. Anxiety is like a shitty relationship, once it's gone you feel so much better, but some days you seek it out for some sick sort of comfort and familiarity.
    Kittylady, Nevan, BITTER and 1 others like this.

My heart goes out to anyone who suffers depression and it's evil siblings; panic and anxiety.
    Nevan and BITTER like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I like her.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I think she's very pretty, but not funny.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I would so hit it.
    I'm disappointed but I won't make a big deal. You like classy brunettes all of the time. This must be a glitch in the system.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

I never liked her either. I just don't get her ..i know a good joke and shit but sometimes she just boggles me mind. Only thing i do like about her is that she is from here.

Yeah she definitely grates. She's occasionally funny (in small doses) but she lacks subtlety.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I tend to like her as a person but I don't find her funny.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information