Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: A crew member told Kate Winslet to STFU when she complained about her hours

Default A crew member told Kate Winslet to STFU when she complained about her hours

On her name: “I have no idea what Winslet means, but I have a huge attachment to my name. I feel like I come from a long line of survivors and carthorses. I love being a Winslet, I really do.

No teenage drama: “I skipped the teenage thing of being a bit outrageous and naughty, getting drunk and falling asleep in the middle of the road. I was working. I didn’t sneakily sniff glue or take drugs. I wasn’t found shagging behind the bike sheds.”

On Titanic: “I don’t want to have to say Titanic was the film that had the biggest impact on the direction of my career, but I suppose I do. What it really afforded me was career choice. The story about me sending a single rose to James Cameron is not entirely true. I did send him a bunch of flowers saying, “Amazing to meet you, thanks for the opportunity”, or something like that. But I don’t think I said, “‘I am your Rose.’” I wouldn’t have been quite so disgusting.

She’s still close to Leonardo DiCaprio: “Leo is my closest actor friend. We don’t necessarily talk all the time or anything, but really, he is.”

She’s always late: “The only thing I’m on time for is work. When I’m late, I’m horrifically late. Ned is the absolute opposite. He’s always bang on time. He’s just had to learn how to deal with my lateness.”

She’s not materialistic: “I hate talking about money. It has been a really great thing for every member of my family that this has happened to me, so in that regard it has been important, but I’m not a materialistic person. If I didn’t have it, I’d absolutely know how to live, because that’s how I learned.”

Complaining about the hours for ‘Steve Jobs’: “On Steve Jobs, we worked some ridiculous hours. We filmed in the opera house in the centre of San Francisco, which is a functioning opera house, so we’d start at midnight and film until midday. That’s pretty gross. I remember saying out loud, “God, I’m so knackered.” And the props woman, who I knew from a couple of other jobs, said, “Honey, we’re here for a lot longer than you are. Shut the f–k up.” And I went, “Oh my God, you’re so right.”

Winning the Oscar: “You get yourself so good at losing. I really hoped that I might win the Oscar that year [2009], and I bloody did. I remember absolutely all of it. I should, of course, say the birth of my children, so let’s just say that I’ve said that, but it was the most glorious, fist-pumping, high-five, triumphant, all-consuming moment of my entire life. It was f–king amazing. It’s the biggest prize going, I won it, and it felt incredible. I’m not going to down-play it one bit.”

She used to smoke to be cool: “I don’t smoke any more. That was my “cool” thing that stopped people from thinking I was a stiff-upper-lipped Brit. I was the bad girl who busted out the rollies, you know? It was great in a read-through: you’d start day one of rehearsals, a room full of terrified actors, and I’d pull out the rollies and everybody would visibly sink in their seats and go, “Oh, thank God she’s normal.”

[From Esquire UK]

Cele|bitchy | A crew member told Kate Winslet to STFU when she complained about her hours
    twitchy2.0 and Lalasnake like this.

I love Kate. I think she's all-around awesome and a very, very talented actress. With a great figure.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

She's cool, but I love it that she was told to stfu by someone who was working harder and longer.
    joebob, Lalasnake, kasippu and 1 others like this.

Wow. Refreshingly down-to-earth. No pretentious diva BS.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I don't hate her.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

She was on Fallon and came across as wildly unlikeable.

How so? ^
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

She's got to be horrific. And she needs to stop with the tacky hands on hip pose.

“Honey, we’re here for a lot longer than you are. Shut the f–k up.” And I went, “Oh my God, you’re so right.”

I thought crew members got killed for things like this.

I wonder if she has a huge attachment to her married name?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I thought crew members got killed for things like this.
    Only on the set of a Gwyneth Paltrow fi....oh, wait, she doesn't make movies anymore!!!
    LastLook likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Everything that comes out of her mouth is a humblebrag.
    choozen1ne, Mrs P, Taedium and 7 others like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I dunno if its because i'm a brit but i found this interview obnoixious. And the layeness statement , totally disrespectful.

I'll have to ask my cousin about her. She's worked with her on set before as a unit production manager.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Only on the set of a Gwyneth Paltrow fi....oh, wait, she doesn't make movies anymore!!!

You also get fired if you brought Instant noodles in the proximity of GP. Of course, she calls it conscience un-collaborating
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    Everything that comes out of her mouth is a humblebrag.
    This. I think she sounds insufferably smug and full of herself.
    Bellatheball and Taedium like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information