• 2 Post By gas_chick
  • 6 Post By sputnik
  • 5 Post By sputnik
  • 2 Post By czb
  • 6 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 1 Post By Bellatheball
  • 3 Post By MsDark
  • 1 Post By Mrs P

Thread: Rachel Weisz: We demand women be 'likeable in a way thatís not asked of men'

Default Rachel Weisz: We demand women be 'likeable in a way thatís not asked of men'

She's hailed a Hollywood heavyweight.
    And although Rachel Weisz has portrayed a wide variety of characters in her 23-year film career, she holds the popular opinion that sexism in the industry is still very much a problem.
    The 45-year-old London-born star has discussed her gripe in a new interview with Harper's Bazaar magazine, alongside a stunning feminine shoot which showcases the true extent of her English-rose beauty.
    'I don't understand how that's happened. You know, if you look back at Barbara Stanwyck, Bette Davis Ė they were difficult, difficult women, and they were iconic and worshipped.'
    However, her saving grace is the director of her upcoming release (The Lobster) who treats women in an admirable manner, according to the actress.

Sexism in Hollywood is a modern-day problem: 'Iíve noticed in my career this tendency towards wanting women to be likeable in a way thatís not asked of men,' Rachel, 45, said

On the subject of Yorgos Lanthimos, Rachel said: 'Heís immensely gentle and very respectful. I think he really loves women, I mean heís just really comfortable around women. And that isnít always true of directors.í
    The accompanying shoot sees Rachel don all variety of pretty high-end designer outfits for the couture special.
    She is polished to perfection as she poses in a semi-sheer printed shirt dress and a more glam pnik prom-style frock.
    The Constant Gardener star is gearing up for the UK release of The Lobster which is set to hit box offices in her home country on October 16.
    Rachel plays a short-sighted woman in a dystopian future in which the single citizens are taken to a hotel where they are obliged to find a romantic partner within 45 days or be transformed into beasts and sent off into the woods.

Read more: Rachel Weisz discusses sexism in Hollywood in Harper's Bazaar | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Elite Member

This is a beautiful photo of Rachel.

And yes, sexism sucks!

Poor Rachel. Maybe she is throwing shade at her unlikeable hubby.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I like her hubby just fine.
    sputnik and Clubber Lang like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

i love her hubby too.

and she's right. ever seen a woman stop a man in the street and tell him he should smile more? yeah, i didn't think so.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

i love her hubby too.

and she's right. ever seen a woman stop a man in the street and tell him he should smile more? yeah, i didn't think so. and yet men feel entitled to tell women that it's their fucking duty to walk around looking pleasant enough for them.
    Brah, NickiDrea, Mrs P and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

^^^ yeah, that's annoying (being told to smile).

it's not just women that expect to be 'likeable' in the work place. what about david caruso? charlie sheen? there may be fewer men that are called out on their bad behavior compared with women, though. i think it will be a loooonng time before we see complete equality.
    Kittylady and sputnik like this.

You guys should quit your bitching and get back in the kitchen.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

And take your shoes off while you're at it.
    sputnik likes this.

And blow me.
    twitchy2.0, joebob and Honey like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i love her hubby too.

and she's right. ever seen a woman stop a man in the street and tell him he should smile more? yeah, i didn't think so. and yet men feel entitled to tell women that it's their fucking duty to walk around looking pleasant enough for them.
    Yup, I've noticed at my work that the women are told they aren't perky enough with calls. Yet the males are just flat ass not there and monotone. Even my quality coach confessed to this.
    sputnik likes this.

Thread Information