Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Hugh Jackman: 'I'd just go into a white rage' (over his Mother abandoning him)

Elite Member

Default Hugh Jackman: 'I'd just go into a white rage' (over his Mother abandoning him)

Hugh Jackman: 'I'd just go into a white rage'

http://www.wonderwall.com/movies/hugh-jackman-id-just-go-into-a-white-rage-1889087.story

Wonderwall, Friday, October 2, 2015, 7:59am (PDT) By Jessica Wedemeyer

Hugh Jackman may have a reputation as one of the nicest guys in Hollywood, but he hasn't always been the happy-go-lucky star we know and love today.

In an interview with Parade magazine, the Oscar nominee opened up about the "white rage" he often felt as a teenager growing up in his native Australia after his mother relocated to England following his parents' divorce.

"I was volatile," he reportedly said. "My mum left when I was 8. My anger didn't really surface until I was 12 or 13. It was triggered because my parents were going to get reconciled and didn't. All those years I'd been holding out hope that they would."

"From the moment Mum left, I was a fearful kid who felt powerless," he adds. "I was the youngest [of five]. I used to be the first one home and I was frightened to go inside. I couldn't go into the house on my own. I'd wait outside, scared, frustrated. Growing up I was scared of the dark. I was scared of heights. It limited me. I hated it, and that contributed to my anger. Isn't most anger fear-based, ultimately? It emanates from some kind of powerlessness. I was really feeling that."

Photo: Joseph Marzul/WENN

The "X-Men" star's anger issues even prompted him to lash out physically: "There was this perfect storm of hormones and emotion," he said. "I've never said this before: I just remembered that we had those metal [school] lockers, and for some reason, half in fun, we used to head-butt the lockers until there was a dent in them. Like, who was the toughest and craziest? In playing rugby my rage would come out, rage that I identify as Wolverine rage. I'd be somewhere in a ruck in rugby, get punched in the face and I'd just go into a white rage."

The Australian actor also dished on his relationship of more than two decades with wife Deborra-lee Furness, whom he met on the set of the 1995 Australian TV show "Correlli."

It was love at first sight for Jackman: "When I met Deb, I knew immediately I was going to marry her," he says. "I forced myself to wait six months because I thought, 'Maybe it is infatuation. I'm too young to know." It was ridiculous. Every day love just got deeper. I felt a complete trust with her to be exactly who I am. I don't have to be any other version of Hugh Jackman for her to love me."

Married to his soul mate and with one of the most lauded careers in Hollywood, Jackman's life may seem ideal, but he still has worries -- chiefly when it comes to raising his two adopted children, Ava and Oscar.

"They're growing up with great privileges and great challenges. And they have this fame and paparazzi that I didn't have to encounter because no one was interested in my father," says the Oscar nominee. "We worry a lot. In some ways they get a free pass from people when they shouldn't be given a free pass."

His concern for his kids even prompted some extra conversations before he took on the role of villainous pirate Blackbeard in his upcoming family fantasy film "Pan."

"In scenes at the orphanage in the beginning of the movie, the nun talks harshly: 'Your mums are not waiting for you. You're not going to see them again.' I actually read this to my wife and talked to [director] Joe Wright about it," he says. 'I went, 'Hang on. This is dealing with adoption and orphans. I want to make sure that this movie is not something my kids are going to feel weird about.' Every movie I do, I think, 'My kids are going to see this.' When it's a movie about adoption, I want to make sure that they don't feel uncomfortable."

"Pan" opens in theaters on Oct. 9, 2015.

Kathie_Moffett likes this.

How sad is mom left. He certainly turned himself around.
    rollo likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Could be a big part of why he's married to an older woman.
    nana51, Beeyotch, sluce and 3 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I wonder if he has met his mother since she left.

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    I wonder if he has met his mother since she left.
    Family stroll: Hugh Jackman with his mother Grace, daughter Ava and pooch Dali go for a stroll in West Village New York on Monday

Read more: Hugh Jackman enjoys outing with mother who 'abandoned' him | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

His kids are always on those freakin' scooters. I don't know why it bugs me, but it does. Maybe seeing too any obnoxious kids on the sidewalk with them.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

Not as obnoxious as the toe shoes Hugh is wearing.
    dexter7, sjankis630 and Bluebonnet like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Could be a big part of why he's married to an older woman.
    I was going to ask if that's why he has married a "mother figure". And then his own cryptic words "I felt a complete trust with her to be exactly who I am. I don't have to be any other version of Hugh Jackman for her to love me." That is almost an opening to the gay rumors surrounding him. She loves him just the way he is (gay) and he completely trusts her to be his authentic self with her....... Hmmmm.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

A mother doesnt just leave her kids and relocate to another country. Perhaps there are deeper darker reasons behind what she did. Did she want to get away from her husband so he couldnt hurt her? Was she not allowed to see the kids anyway? Did they want to see her? Was she so afraid of the husband demoralising her further? There are so many reasons behind what a person does.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    A mother doesnt just leave her kids and relocate to another country. Perhaps there are deeper darker reasons behind what she did. Did she want to get away from her husband so he couldnt hurt her? Was she not allowed to see the kids anyway? Did they want to see her? Was she so afraid of the husband demoralising her further? There are so many reasons behind what a person does.
    We will probably never know the real story. She took the two daughters with her, and the husband had the three sons. They probably thought that was an amicable split between the two of them as painful as it would be for the children.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    There are deadbeat mothers too, not just deadbeat fathers. One of my closest friends had his mother just take off one day. Life was too boring and she craved excitement in the hands of her abusive ex boyfriend. My friend's father was devastated and my friend just stopped talking about her, he pretended she was dead. To this day he has not forgiven her. However he has supported her financially and cleaned up a number of her messes over the years.
    sluce, Serendipity and cherrypye like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I was going to ask if that's why he has married a "mother figure". And then his own cryptic words "I felt a complete trust with her to be exactly who I am. I don't have to be any other version of Hugh Jackman for her to love me." That is almost an opening to the gay rumors surrounding him. She loves him just the way he is (gay) and he completely trusts her to be his authentic self with her....... Hmmmm.
    Well, there was the thing about Hugh, and his wife, and his business partner wearing matching rings and all living together, so I'd say you're right. An unusual arrangement, but it seems to work for them.

I know a deadbeat mom. Told her husband he was a bore and up and left him and their young daughter. She's no wild woman either, oddly enough. She was a quiet librarian type.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Yeah, there are deadbeat mothers. I know one that was too lazy to even leave. The neighbors down the street felt pity and took the oldest kid in, where he lived until he left for college. "Mother" never even walked down the street to see her kid for 6 years.

This explains a lot.

The cutest thing in that picture is the doggie in his coat. He wins.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information