Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By rollo
  • 6 Post By Beeyotch
  • 6 Post By Kittylady

Thread: Jennifer Lawrence predicts the end of the world (it involves Donald Trump)

Elite Member

Talking Jennifer Lawrence predicts the end of the world (it involves Donald Trump)

Jennifer Lawrence slams Donald Trump

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/jennifer-lawrence-slams-donald-trump/ar-AAf1GSn

WENN
    12 hrs ago

© Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP Jennifer Lawrence attends "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2" press line on day 1 of Comic-Con International.

Jennifer Lawrence voiced her opposition to controversial US presidential hopeful Donald Trump by deeming his appointment "the end of the world" if he gets elected next year.

The reality TV boss announced his bid for the top political spot earlier this year, but he has already hit headlines with a slew of controversial comments, including a rant about Mexican immigrants.

While promoting new movie The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2, Lawrence and her co-stars Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson touched on the topic of Trump's political endeavours, which they all agree is incomprehensible.

"If Donald Trump becomes president, that will be the end of the world," Lawrence told Entertainment Weekly.

"I'll back you up on that," Hemsworth said.

"It's a publicity stunt," Hutcherson added. "It can't be real."

"I genuinely believe that reality television has reached the ultimate place where now even things like this might just be for entertainment," Lawrence said.

"It's either that or it's (Democratic presidential hopeful) Hillary's (Clinton) brilliant idea.

"I was watching him on the campaign trail and one guy said, 'I love Donald Trump because he's saying everything I'm thinking and I just can't say it because of the PC (politically correct) factor,'" she said.

"And I'm thinking, 'You are absolutely right. That's who I want representing my country, somebody politically incorrect. That will just be perfect.'"

Hit By Ban Bus!

At least she's right
    Glad I'm not American.

Elite Member

I don't understand why Trump is ahead in the polls, oh wait, check-out the other hopefuls, the only difference, is the presentation.

It could be worse. It could be Kanye.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

President Kanye would mean the movie Idiocracy just came true.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    It could be worse. It could be Kanye.
    Or Fiorina, she who trashed HP, exhibits incompetence at every turn, and makes belligerent and warlike remarks on the subject of Vladimir Putin. Now THAT is scary. Political incorrectness pales next to a nuke up your ass.

ETA: but I wouldn't expect a nitwit actress who doesn't understand how backing up to the cloud works to get this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by suzy83 View Post
    At least she's right
    Glad I'm not American.
    Me too.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Donald Trump: More Guns Could Have Stopped Oregon Massacre

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/donald-trump-more-guns-could-have-stopped-oregon-massacre/ar-AAf5nUc?li=AAabC8j&ocid=

The Huffington Post
    Daniel Marans 7 hrs ago

© Darren McCollester via Getty Images

Donald Trump said Sunday that lives would have been saved if more people had guns at the Oregon community college where a mass shooting took place this past week.

"I can make the case that if there were guns in that room other than [the shooter's], fewer people would have died. Fewer people would have been so horribly injured," Trump said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

The real estate mogul and Republican presidential candidate rejected the argument that lax gun laws are to blame for the abundance of mass shootings in the United States, noting that cities with strict gun laws, like Chicago and Baltimore, still have high rates of gun violence.

"The strongest, the most stringent laws are in almost every case the worse places," Trump claimed. "It doesn't seem to work."

He acknowledged that the U.S. has a higher rate of school shootings than other countries. But he faulted mental illness and "copycat" behavior that leads troubled individuals to imitate mass shooters, not the availability of guns.

"Guns, no guns, it doesn't matter," he said. "You have people that are mentally ill. And they're gonna come through the cracks."

In fact, people with mental illnesses are no more likely to commit acts of violence than anybody else. They commit just 3 to 5 percent of all violent incidents, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

Trump's comments echo those of conservatives who have claimed that Umpqua Community College was a gun-free zone. In fact, the college's ban on firearms and other weapons has a significant exception: In accordance with Oregon state law, students with licenses to carry a concealed gun may do so on campus.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Oh yeah, Donald. That would have fixed everything. Because terrified people wouldn't be shooting at any unfamiliar face who came near them in case it was the gunman, pushing the death toll even higher.

What a fucking fucktard.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

The "politically incorrect" comment is highly disturbing. The government and media decide what is PC. One who speaks freely and without restrictions is not inherently bad or oppressive. This is the bull they are feeding us now. Don't take this as a defense of Trump, I don't really know what the hell he stands for...just commenting on jlaw's statement that is prevalent among today's youth and very worrisome. Condemn speech first, then less people will speak.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Thread Information