Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By aabbcc
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 3 Post By Trixie
  • 5 Post By rollo

Thread: Blake Lively Is Closing Preserve: 'It's Not Making a Difference in People's Lives'

fgg

Default Blake Lively Is Closing Preserve: 'It's Not Making a Difference in People's Lives'

Blake Lively Is Closing Preserve: 'It's Not Making a Difference in People's Lives'

Blake Lively has succeeded at so many things in life — handsome husband, beautiful baby, fabulous career, terrific at baking, fashion designing and having great hair — that you might think she never faces challenges. But she’s got a tough one on her plate now: She’s taking a step back from her Preserve ecommerce website, saying that it was never quite what she wanted it to be.

Earlier, Lively had said that she launched the site earlier than she’d intended to coincide with last year’s August Vogue cover, and she doubles down on that in her explanation about why Preserve is shuttering.

“We have an incredible team of people who do beautiful work, but we launched the site before it was ready, and it never caught up to its original mission: It’s not making a difference in people’s lives, whether superficially or in a meaningful way,” she said in an interview on Vogue.com. “And that’s the whole reason I started this company, not just to fluff myself, like, ‘I’m a celebrity! People will care what I have to say!’ It was so never meant to be that, and that kind of became the crutch because it was already up and already running, and it’s hard to build a brand when you’re running full steam ahead—how do you catch up?”

Lively says her plan is to rework the site and relaunch to be closer to her original vision. “It’s very exciting and it’s also incredibly scary,” she says. “I never thought I would have the bravery to actually do that, to take the site dark and to say, ‘You know what? I haven’t created something that is as true and impactful as I know it can and will be. And I’m not going to continue to chase my tail and continue to put a product out there that we, as a team, are not proud of.’”

And she also says that she anticipates your mockery (she’s looking at you, Stephen Colbert — who just released a video mocking the many celebrity lifestyle brands out there). “I know what it’ll look like, what I’m facing publicly, that people are just going to have a heyday with this … The only way I can prove all the negative reactions wrong is to come back with a plan that will rock people. And I have that plan.” (The plan involves a lot of Taylor Swift: “I’ve asked my assistant to just play ‘Shake It Off’ on a loop — it feels really good!”)

The site will shut down on Oct. 9 (and there will be plenty of deep discounts before then), and when it comes back, it might not be called Preserve anymore. “I love the name Preserve. But then, I never thought people would think Preserve had something to do with jam! … These are all of the things you don’t think of when you’re too intimate with something.”

Blake Lively Is Closing Preserve, Blake Lively’s Preserve to Close – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

At first, I thought this was some kind of wildlife refuge or something.

^ Maybe it would be better if it was.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

You don't need a perfect website if you're giving folks what they really want or need. You can work on the website in stages while keeping it live (as opposed to closing it for a short while or shutting it down altogether). I know people who are extremely successful and have very simple websites. It's the marketing and networking that's important and what brings people in.
    arie_skop likes this.

^ Well said.

She doesn't make any sense, how does an online store make a difference in people's lives? Maybe an online medical device store helps disabled people, but i can't think of much else.
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ What? You mean buying a $1,000 purse won't lead me down the path to enlightenment?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm sure it's code for " not making me any money."
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

but how is confederate goop doing? (aka whatever reese witherspoon called her bullshit lifestyle website)
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Confederate goop!

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Oh gawd, that one's even worse, overpriced stupid little monogrammed tea towels and doilies and shit.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Silver Member

she can fuck off anyway id rather listen to goop than her

Thread Information