Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Leah Remini writes Scientology tell-all

Default Leah Remini writes Scientology tell-all

It's All Happening ...

40 minutes ago, by Sarah Taylor

Leah Remini's gonna be considered more than just a "suppressive person" after her brand-new Scientology tell-all ("Troublemaker") hits shelves, and pardon us if we celebrate just a little too long that Leah's finally going to get the book deal she deserves (and us, the revealing memoir we've always hoped we'd get from a major celebrity within the CoS).

Ballantine, the publisher, says, "In Troublemaker, Remini, best known as the star of the popular long-running sitcom King of Queens, will detail for the first time her life growing-up in the Church of Scientology and her rise to fame in Hollywood. Indoctrinated into the church as a child while living with her mother and sister in New York, Remini eventually moved to Los Angeles, where her dreams of becoming an actress and advancing Scientology’s causes grew increasingly intertwined."

They continue, "But when she began to raise questions about some of the church’s actions, she found herself a target, which led to her—and her family’s—break from the church. Bold, brash, and bravely confessional, Troublemaker chronicles Leah Remini’s remarkable journey toward emotional and spiritual freedom, both for herself and for her family."

Remarkable indeed -- we gotta say: we're crazy with anticipation on this one. No puns intended.

Remini will also appear on "20/20" on Friday, October 30th at 10 PM EST to interview about her book, which drops November 3rd.

Read more: It's All Happening ... | Fishwrapper.com
    Follow us: @fishwrapped on Twitter
    darksithbunny and Kittylady like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

This is one book I def want to read!!!

I admire her relatives for not being so brain washed that they remained in the cult and allowed Scientology to fracture their family.
    Angeli, Mrs P and dilligaf like this.

It's going to take a lot of cleaning toilets at Sea Org to get into David's good graces after this!!!
    Bellatheball and Brookie like this.

i would read this book for sure.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Oh count me in on reading this one. I have been totally fascinated with The Cult in a kind of Body-Snatchers way.

I'll read it if she lives to publish it.
    fgg, SHELLEE, KrisNine and 3 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I watched her show with the episode where they were celebrating being out of the crazy cult and J-Lo was at the party. I hope that means her family has parted with Tiny Tom's church.

I hope it lives up to the hype, but I kind of doubt she'll have any new light to shed. I feel like such a pessimist.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Yeah. My first thought was how soon before her body is found in a dumpster somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I will be all over this book like a theater actor on pancake makeup.
    SHELLEE, Zee and twitchy2.0 like this.

Tom Cruise ‘Bracing For The Worst’ Over Leah Remini’s Scientology Tell-All — ‘It Will Be Like A Nuclear Bomb’

Leah Remini is about to release her new Scientology tell-all Troublemaker — and some of Hollywood’s biggest stars are on alert!
    “It will be like a nuclear bomb going off in the church,” Scientology expert Tony Ortega told In Touch. “It’s the inside story about how people are abused and how families are split apart, and it will be devastating.”
    As RadarOnline.com reported, Remini left the Church of Scientology after 30 years — and she has a lot of secrets to spill.

Tom Cruise is especially nervous, reports the magazine. “Tom’s frightened that Leah knows about Scientology’s dirty laundry,” notes an insider. “He’s bracing for the worst.”
    And devout Scientologist Kirstie Alley has called her former friend “repulsive” and a “bigot.”
    However, 45-year-old Remini refuses to back down now that she claims to have seen the light on the religion and its practices. “Everything the church taught me was a lie,” she has said.

Scientology is slamming Remini’s book, to be released on Nov. 3, as nothing but a “pathetic quest to get publicity and seem relevant.”
    Ballantine Books, the publisher of Troublemaker, promises “an eye-opening insider account of [Leah’s] tumultuous and heart-wrenching 30-year-plus association with the Church of Scientology.”
    Leah Remini Scientology Tell-All Book ‘Troublemaker’ Release | Radar Online
    Brookie and twitchy2.0 like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    “It will be like a nuclear bomb going off in the church,” Scientology expert Tony Ortega told In Touch. “It’s the inside story about how people are abused and how families are split apart, and it will be devastating.”
    Does Leah have that kind of inside info, though. I would much rather read about the celebrity centre and how scientology suck up the celebs and suck them dry at the same time.
    Mrs P likes this.

She's been a member since she was a child (before she was famous) so I imagine she has insight into the life of regular clams as well as celebrities.
    Sassiness likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    She's been a member since she was a child (before she was famous) so I imagine she has insight into the life of regular clams as well as celebrities.
    Oh, right. I forgot she was born into it. Woud be interesting to hear about how differently scientology treat the regular members and the celebs.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information