Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Gene Wilder and his wife Karen Boyer in New York for the US Open

Elite Member

Default Gene Wilder and his wife Karen Boyer in New York for the US Open

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory star Gene Wilder, 82, looks frail while hand-in hand with wife during outing in New York

Gene Wilder, 82, looks frail while hand-in hand with wife in New York | Daily Mail Online

ByDailymail.com Reporter
    Published: 08:29 EST, 24 September 2015 | Updated: 11:32 EST, 24 September 2015

Gene Wilder was spotted looking rather frail while seen on his latest outing

The 82-year-old actor looked gaunt during a recent outing in New York while making his way to the men's final match for the US Open grand slam tennis tournament

He was not alone for the occasion as he sweetly walked hand-in-hand with his wife Karen Boyer while getting ready to take in the athletic competition between Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer.

Out and about: Gene Wilder was recently spotted looking frail while heading to the US Open tennis tournament in New York with wife Karen Boyer

Though Gene did not seem to be in the best physical shape, his signature charm shined through as he flashed a big smile while walking next to his ladylove.

His face looked very skinny as his white locks blew wildly in the wind.

The Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory star was dressed perfectly for the day out as he wore a grey blazer over a green polo, navy trousers and beige slip-on shoes.

Good spirits: Despite looking rather skinny, the legendary 82-year-old star showed a bit of his signature charm as he flashed a smile

Years ago: He looked much healthier while promoting his novel in London back in May 2007

Karen looked pretty in a floral dress and black leather flat shoes. The two have been married since 1991.

As many have speculated about Gene's health since that outing, his wife of nearly 25 years addressed his health as she said he is doing just fine.
    Karen told Radar Online: '(He’s) just fine. The cancer hasn’t returned and he’s as active as any man his age can be. He still gets out and about.'

Signature role: He is best known for his title role character in 1971's Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory

Oompa Loompa party: Though it was not considered a box office success, it hit cult status and eventually became one of the quintessential children's films

Gene was reportedly diagnosed with non-Hodkins lymphoma in 1999 and has been in remission since 2000.

Dealing with cancer has not been uncommon for Gene as he lost his former Saturday Night Live star wife Gilda Radner to ovarian cancer in 1989. His mother also died from the same disease in 1957.

Tough times: He was married to Gilda Radner until her passing from ovarian cancer in 1989

Gene began his acting career in the Sixties before his big break in cult-hit 1967 comedy The Producers. He was nominated for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role Oscar for his performance in the 1969 award show.
    However his biggest and most iconic role came in 1971 as he portrayed Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.

Though it was not considered a box office success, it hit cult status and eventually became one of the quintessential children's films.

Years later he along with often collaborator Mel Brooks penned comedy Young Frankenstein.

Gene starred in the flick and receieved his second Oscar nomination for Best Writing, Screenplay Adapted From Other Material in 1975.

He has retired from acting since with his last role being a character named Mr. Stein in comedy series Will & Grace back in 2003.

Man of many talents: Gene was nominated for an Oscar in the Best Writing, Screenplay Adapted From Other Material category in 1975 for his work on Young Frankenstein

Elite Member

I don't think he looks 'frail', I think he looks like a thin 82 year old man.

I like him, his wife seems like a good person too.

He's been sick for a while now I think. I'm gonna be sad when he goes.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

fgg

oh boy *thinks gene wilder might end up on the 2015/2016 death list* i had no idea he was sick. he's made so many fantastic movies.
    Lalasnake and palta like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

He looks like a pepaw, what of it? I'm very happy he found someone to share his life with after Gilda died. Her death seemed so hard on him, poor thing.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Same as other people have said; he's 82 years old. What do people expect him to look like? Do they still expect him to do the trip and roll from Willy Wonka?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

czb

i like that they look like a normal elderly couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Same as other people have said; he's 82 years old. What do people expect him to look like? Do they still expect him to do the trip and roll from Willy Wonka?
    That would be totally cool though.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

fgg

my grandmother is almost 91 and my parents' neighbors are 93-ish and they look younger than he does. i do not think that he is a general representation of an 80 yo.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I didn't realize he was that old! Wow. Time is passing too quickly.

Yes it is. Love him.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Gene Wilder looks frail but is ‘just fine’

Gene Wilder

Gene Wilder looked to be in good spirits recently.
    The 82-year-old “Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory” star was spotted heading into a US Open finals match earlier this month.
    Wilder’s rare sighting drew much attention from the shutterbugs.
    The actor wore a plain blazer over two polo shirts and rose-tinted glasses. His trademark wild hair, now thinning, was strewn about.
    Despite headlines speculating on whether his non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma had returned, Wilder kept a quiet smirk on his face as he entered the venue.
    He was reportedly led into the match with the help of his fourth wife, Karen Boyer, and a US Open official.
    Boyer told Radar Online that her husband’s health is in good shape, despite his appearance. “[He’s] just fine,” she said. “The cancer hasn’t returned and he’s as active as any man his age can be. He still gets out and about.”
    Gene Wilder looks frail but is ‘just fine’ | Page Six

This makes me happy.
    Lalasnake, gas_chick and palta like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

He has to be well enough to attend a tennis match, he looks like he's walking just fine. He's always been an odd dresser with crazy hair. Not much has changed except father time.

jeez that article was like a living obituary.

i haven't seen an older hollywood type with an age appropriate normal looking woman in... well.. ever?
    spiderpig, Bombshell and Lalasnake like this.

This is a cautionary tale for those (men especially) who don't or won't wear sunscreen in their earlier years. Just you wait.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information