Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Sean Penn suing Lee Daniels for $10M for claiming he’s a wife beater

fgg

Default Sean Penn suing Lee Daniels for $10M for claiming he’s a wife beater

Sean Penn suing Lee Daniels for $10M for claiming he’s a wife beater

Sean Penn is suing ​“Empire” creator Lee Daniels ​for $10 million for suggesting ​the two-time Oscar winner is a wife beater.

The beef between the ​two started earlier this month when ​filmmaker ​Daniels​ ​told The Hollywood Reporter that “Empire” star Terrence Howard​, who has a record of violence against women​, “Ain’t done nothing different than Marlon Brando or Sean Penn, and all of a sudden he’s some f—in’ demon.”

He was commenting on the negative press surrounding Howard, who’s been “arrested five time​s​ for violent acts against women,” according to Penn’s suit.

Penn called the statement “egregious on seve​​ral levels” in ​his defamation suit.

“First in his purported defense of Howard, Daniels not only appears to acknowledge Howard’s guilt, he also seems to condone Howard’s misconduct,” Penn says in the suit.

Penn claims the remarks were made to bolster Daniels’ show “Empire​.​” ​He admits​, in the filing,​ that while he has had “several brushes with the law,” the ​”Milk” and “Mystic River” star was never arrested for or convicted of domestic violence.

“His ex-wives (including Madonna​)​ would confirm and attest,” the suit says. ​Penn was also married to actress Robin Wright and this year ended a relationship with actress Charlize Theron.

Sean Penn suing Lee Daniels for $10M for claiming he’s a wife beater | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

I don't think Madonna would agree.

In 1987, Penn reportedly struck his then-wife, Madonna, across the head with a baseball bat. Madonna, mindful of the fact that her husband was facing a jail sentence for attacking a film extra, did not press charges — but the violence only escalated.
    Modal TriggerIn December 1988, Penn allegedly tied Madonna to a chair in their Malibu home and attacked her. The nine-hour ordeal only ended when the singer was untied to use the bathroom and she fled to a police station.
    Lieutenant Bill McSweeney recalled: “When Madonna staggered into the station, she was distraught, crying, with makeup smeared all over her face. I hardly recognized her…she had obviously been struck.”
    Penn was charged with inflicting “corporal injury and traumatic conditions” and battery on his wife, but Madonna later withdrew the complaints, and filed for divorce instead.
    “May God bless and keep him — but far, far from me,” she said.

Why would anyone want to date Sean Penn? | New York Post
    Serendipity likes this.

Elite Member

Oh, so you're only a wife beater if you've been convicted???? Good luck with that law suit

Sean Penn, a wife beater? The idea would NEVER have occurred to anyone if this guy he's suing hadn't made such a suggestion.

Sean Penn is a humorless and uptight asshole. Proof that liberals are all not laid back hippies.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Lee Daniels accused Sean Penn of being a redneck t-shirt?
    joebob and firebrat1229 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    Oh, so you're only a wife beater if you've been convicted???? Good luck with that law suit
    He says he was never "arrested or convicted" so if that article is correct, isn't being "charged" the same as being arrested? Or not? Maybe he wasn't handcuffed and hauled to jail but I would think with criminal charges he would at least have to be booked, fingerprinted, mug shot etc.

Or maybe it doesn't count at all since the charges were dropped. In his world.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Spare us the indignant pose, Sean. I guess he thinks no one should have the nerve to call him out.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    Spare us the indignant pose, Sean. I guess he thinks no one should have the nerve to call him out.
    Because he's that much of a narcissist.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I read somewhere that he spent 30 days in jail. He is a piece of shit.

Well it looks like he is going to be buried with his own hubris if this goes to trial.

Elite Member

Madonna reveals Sean Penn 'finally' appreciates her 'art'

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/madonna-reveals-sean-penn-finally-appreciates-her-art/ar-AAeBQYC?li=AA59yp&ocid=

Bang Showbiz
    23 hrs ago

Sean Penn "finally appreciates" Madonna's "art".

The 'Milk' actor took time to watch his ex-wife - who he was married to for four years from 1995 - at her recent 'Rebel Heart' gig at New York's Madison Square Garden and, 30 years after he first saw her perform at the same venue, he understood and enjoyed her music for the first time.

© Provided by NewsCred

And the 55-year-old star even wrote a letter to the 'Music' hitmaker to praise her.

Speaking during her show at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn on Saturday (09.19.15), she told the audience: "I did a show at Madison Square Garden the other night if you heard about it. And my ex-husband was there! Could you imagine?

"...Anyway, after the show he wrote me a letter and said he finally appreciates my art.

"And that is what I have to say about marriage, OK? Thirty f***ing years later."

And it seems Sean was much more positive than when he went to watch Madonna perform during their marriage.

She admitted: "He had been at my show at Madison Square Garden 30 years earlier and he was very upset with me for wearing a costume that was too revealing. That's not a lie!"

Keep your ex wives close after 30 years!
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

"Hey, Madonna. It's Sean. I realize now that I really appreciate your music! By the way, I need you to testify in an upcoming civil proceeding. Details later!"

"Sure thing, Sean. Come to my show and say something nice and keep saying it!"
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information