Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Adopting a Syrian Orphan: Report

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Adopting a Syrian Orphan: Report

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are 'adopting a Syrian orphan' but actress wanted to take on THREE boys - 3am & Mirror Online

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are 'adopting a Syrian orphan' but actress wanted to take on THREE boys
    13:22, 22 September 2015
    Updated 14:36, 22 September 2015
    By Liz Hodgson

The power couple already have three adopted children and three of their own

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are reportedly adopting a Syrian orphan, one of three brothers the actress met on a mission to the country.

The Hollywood star, 38, a UN Special Envoy for Refugees, initially wanted to adopt all three, but Brad allegedly said adding so many children would not be good for their existing brood of six.

A source told Radar Online: "On one solo trip Angelina met three Syrian orphan siblings. They were all brothers.

"The middle child could speak some English. The oldest of the three was very quiet but never left Angie's side during the visit.

WireImage Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt attend the EE British Academy Film Awards 2014 at The Royal Opera House on February 16, 2014 in London, England

The couple with their huge brood
    WireImage
    Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and their children Pax, Knox and Vivienne arrive at Tokyo International Airport on July 28, 2013 in Tokyo, Japan

"Angelina was heartbroken to learn the three of them had seen their father taken away by Syrian soldiers and their home was also bombed. And they lost their mother in the bombing."

The Mr and Mrs Smith co-stars, whose three eldest children are adopted, are currently going through the formal requirements to welcome the boy into their lives.

The source went on: "Angie wanted to adopt all three, but when she got back to the United States and told Brad about it, he said no.

"Going from six children to nine was just way too much, and Brad was concerned about how it would impact their other kids.

"But Angie didn't put up a fight. She knew it just wouldn't work.

"It has been a very long process to adopt the Syrian orphan. The red tape has been almost impossible at times.

Flynet
    Brad Pitt and Angelina departing on a flight with their kids Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox at LAX airport in Los Angeles, California

Flynet
    Brad Pitt and Angelina departing on a flight with their kids Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox at LAX airport in Los Angeles, California

"It could take at least another four to five months before the child is brought to the United States."

The stars, who appear together in new movie By the Sea, out in December, are already parents to Maddox, 14, Pax, 11, Zahara, 10, Shiloh, nine and seven-year-old twins Max and Vivienne.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are 'adopting a Syrian orphan' but actress wanted to take on THREE boys - 3am & Mirror Online

Since Syrians are tan-skinned, I guess she thinks it's a fall color and will look good with her wardrobe.
    idunno, joebob, nana51 and 7 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

i can understand meeting the three and being overwhelmed with empathy, but the reality of adopting them does seem very overwhelming to all involved. Wonder what her kiddos would really think about it? i would assume they are excited about they one Syrian on his way!

Elite Member

Why doesn't Angie work on keeping the brothers together? It seems cruel to adopt one and not the others. Angie could even sponsor the boys living arrangements and schooling so they can stay together. I hope this story is just more BS.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Why doesn't Angie work on keeping the brothers together? It seems cruel to adopt one and not the others. Angie could even sponsor the boys living arrangements and schooling so they can stay together. I hope this story is just more BS.
    She could be an angel sponsor. Get them placed somewhere safe and provide for them financially.

Not to belittle her intentions in any way, but I'm like this with animals, although I know my limits for my family of human and fur babies. Sometimes, you have to say no.
    olivia and Lalasnake like this.

Yeah I hope this is BS. I hate to think of the brothers being separated.
    olivia, sparkles, idunno and 2 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I would like to see the brothers say together also and pick a different orphan.
    rollo, sparkles, Lalasnake and 1 others like this.

I really hop that this is BS, too. What sense does it make to chosoe one and leave the other two behind. Who could do that?
    olivia, sparkles and Lalasnake like this.

I call bs. Every time there's a crisis or a natural disaster somewhere, rumours start that brad and Angie are buying, I mean adopting, a baby from there.
    *DIVA!, msdeb and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

They didn't even get her age right. She's 40 now.
    Beeyotch likes this.

It's awful to separate the three brothers. I hope it's not true.
    sparkles, Lalasnake and holly like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some plan to help the other two boys. AJ has way too much first hand knowledge and empathy not to understand the emotional devastation alone that would be the inevitable consequence of plucking one orphaned brother into a family of safety, wealth and opportunity while the other two endure the horror, isolation and hopelessness of war, hunger and homelessness. Hideous.

Please God, these poor children, in all parts of the world,... my heart just breaks for them. I have a lot of sympathy and admiration for the workers and volunteers at the ground level and even the lawmakers, bureaucrats, and leaders trying to sort through this whole mess. It is so complicated, so massive, and so urgent. I can't remember, in my lifetime, a crisis this multi-layered, with each and every proposed solution inevitably creating, at best, some degree of collateral damage. The worst doesn't bear thinking about, but even as the hordes of governments, aid and human rights agencies, et.al make generally genuine attempts at addressing the immediate suffering, everyone involved, not to mention the watching world, has come to the horrified realization that this is only the beginning. The Euro leaders are faced with the arduous and seemingly impossible task of creating a cohesive and compassionate strategy for accepting, aiding and integrating hundreds of thousands of persons fleeing from war, persecution, and poverty.

Since I have trouble getting three adult children to agree on a movie, my mind boggles at the very thought of a gaggle of Euro bureaucrats producing any kind of document signed by all EU delegate that isn't: 1) So long no one ever actually reads it, and/or, 2) Riddled with so much gobble-gook, double-speak, and 'lawyerize', as to render it essentially incomprehensible, which doesn't even take into account the *Addendum of Exceptions to Agreement, in fine print, collected for your convenience in an unindexed addendum, located just behind the authorized bios of every VIP, historian, or other expert consulted, quoted, or in the building at the time of publication.

Merkel's going to have to crack her whip to get that far, and that will be the easy part. Member countries not only have vastly different resources, both financial and others, but the people in those countries are facing wildly different short term futures. If I were Greek, for example, being told what I must do by the bullying schoolmistress, who isn't even Greek, isn't going to go over very well. Its not about caring, its about fear for your own, and I think that's kind of a basic human instinct. I'm not trying to start a debate, believe me I know and think I understand most sides.

Lastly, and perhaps the biggest wild card, some of those darn refugees are not playing the game right, damn it. They're supposed to act pitiful, crying with relief at just standing on holy western soil. They're supposed to act grateful, greeting every crust of bread with tears of thanks and prayers of blessings on their generous hosts. They're supposed to endure squalid refugee camp conditions with quiet fortitude and faith, and continued gratitude. They're supposed to joyfully embrace whichever country will register them and begin the official refugee status process. They should be holding fast to dreams of hard work, beginning at the most menial level, which should eventually allow them to live in safety and reasonable comfort, and to educate and raise their children to be productive citizens in their beloved adopted country. If they choose, they may of course openly, quietly and respectfully practice the faith of their choice.
    Even the legitimate refugees, good, decent people forced to flee war, persecution, rape, and torture, are, well...people. They have their own dreams, plans, and families they want to give the best possible chances for a happy, healthy, life.

Last but not least, a percentage of the refugees pouring into Europe don't actually qualify as refugees eligible for asylum.
    . Economic refugees, while deserving of understanding and compassion, have made an already massive problem grotesque.
    . Paperwork is scant or non-existent, so naturally criminals and terrorists, perhaps even ISIS plants, are going to slip through the cracks.
    . There are some cultural concerns that go beyond knee-jerk racism and probably deserve attention before they become out-of-control monsters.
    . There have been more than a few cautious reports of usually small towns and villages left in devastated carnage by refugees, who outnumber the townspeople, but then use the town involved as a sort of way station on the way to more desirable areas with more liberal benefits/handouts.

Sorry for the essay. Its just such a mess, and there simply aren't any easy answers. My heart really aches for almost all the people involved in this mess. I get a pit in my stomach and pray that warm hearts and cool heads can come together and make the right choices.

In the meantime, if Brange wants to come along and lift some kid up and away, I say more power to them. I'll hold back my critique on the brothers till TMZ publishes their pictures tearfully roasting root vegetables over the refugee campfire while the chosen one stares up at them from the cover of the National Enquirer... at Euro Disney.

I wonder if they have any, "Sponsor a Family, Child," etc., programs set up? Anyone heard anything. I'll Google, but I'm not very good at researching charities... I'm a bit of a soft touch, and there are so many just-this-side of criminal groups around. I'd love any suggestions, particularly from our European friends.
    cheray likes this.

^You typed all of that
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

You know, I'm in Merkel-Land and from my perspective, the EU does something wrong. With all the money they have to spend on fugees, they could just go and build schools, hospitals, family centers, help the people to help themselves and enable them to stay in their country. I feel for every person who leaves home because it is unbearable to stay and I'm all for welcoming this people - but we have too many to properly integrate them here right now. I work at a school, we have so many new kids here who do not understand one word in german, with parents who have no idea how school works and what they have to do to help their children, some of the parents illiterate, most completely overwhelmed by the expectations german schools have. And while the german government talks and talks, we don't get interpreter, a second teacher in the room, smaller classes or any other help, so we probably won't be able to teach this children enough to give them hope for a better future. Makes a nice combination: poverty, frustration, no education, no chances. Oh, and let's not forget the f**cking neonazis, they have a well frequented pub directly across the school. That's the icing of the cake on some days. IDIOTS! who have nothing better to do than scream insults at small children. I feel that there is no solution, only regret about missed oportunities for everyone (and some really violent fantasies about Nazis from me personally).
    Gossiplover likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Absolutely. I'm happy to snark on these two but the idea that any human being would knowingly separate these three boys after the horrors they've lived just seem cruel. I mean, God bless them for wanting to help a kid. Who am I to say how many they should take? Still.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information