Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Johnny Depp: Former Hollywood heartthrob finally loses his model looks at 52

Default Johnny Depp: Former Hollywood heartthrob finally loses his model looks at 52

What happened to Johnny Depp? Former Hollywood heartthrob finally loses his model looks at 52

• Hollywood heartthrob looked a far cry from the 80s pin-up on Monday
    • Star, 52, looked notably different as he joined Amber Heard in Toronto
    • FEMAIL looks back at the transformation of the star, who rose to fame in 80s

With his chiselled bone structure, intense gaze and stellar acting skills, Johnny Depp was the object of many women's desire.
    This week, however, the Hollywood heartthrob looked a far cry from the 80s pin-up who once made women worldwide weak at the knees.
    The 52-year-old, who even managed to make eyeliner sexy during his turn as Captain Jack Sparrow, looked notably different as he joined Amber Heard at the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of Black Mass on Monday.
    In light of his new look, FEMAIL takes a look back at the transformation of the star, who rose to global prominence in the 1980s on TV series 21 Jump Street.

Johnny Depp looked notably different as he joined Amber Heard at the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of Black Mass on Monday

Johnny pictured at the French Premiere of his movie Rum Diary in Paris in 2011

FEMAIL takes a look back at the transformation of the star, who rose to global prominence in the late 1980s, left, and has been showcasing a new look in recent weeks, right

On Monday night, the star looked somewhat different to the man the world fell in love with in the 90s.
    Johnny stayed true to his quirky style with a red shirt, matching pocket square and snazzy suede shoes.
    Whilst he left the trademark shades at home, he stuck to his bohemian style by wearing a cluster of necklaces to decorate his chest.

Earlier on Monday, at a press conference for the movie at the Toronto International Film Festival, Johnny looked somewhat bloated.
    On that occasion, he wore a driver's cap, vest and light blue shirt along with his signature blue-tinted shades.

On Monday night, the star, pictured with Joel Edgerton, looked somewhat different to the man the world fell in love with

Noticing the star's new look, a guest blogger for the New York Post, writing under the alias Regina George, noted: 'The actor’s face, chiseled just a few months ago, had swelled into a puffy oval, and the rest of his body looked as if it had gotten just as round.
    'His hair appeared greasier than usual, and topping off his look, one of his teeth was red for some mysterious reason. A stain? A stray piece of cranberry? Some sort of pirate thing? We have no idea.'
    Social media users echoed her words and noted that the star looked more fuller figured than he has done in the past. Many asked 'what has happened to Johnny Depp?', whilst another tweeted fashion designer Victoria Beckham asking her to lend her styling expertise to the father-of-two.
    Indeed, his look is a far cry from the man we grew up with. Following his rise to fame in 21 Jump Street in the 1980s, he fast become a teen idol thanks to his moody, rugged look.

Johnny, pictured attending the GQ Men Of The Year awards at The Royal Opera House in London in September 2014 looks much trimmer and his face appears more chiselled

Johnny, left, looking rugged at the premiere of 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street', at the Odeon West End Cinema in Leicester Square in 2008 and, right, the premiere of his latest film Finding Neverland, during the 61st Venice Film Festival at Lido in Venice in 2004

Many Twitter users asked 'what has happened to Johnny Depp?', whilst another tweeted fashion designer Victoria Beckham asking her to lend her styling expertise to the father-of-two

Noticing the star's new look, a guest blogger for the New York Post, asked what has happened to the star, with @Aus10Carlizzle asking the same question

Johnny at the premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End in Anaheim in 2007, left, and showcasing his trademark style at the premiere of his film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street in Paris in 2008, right

However, not satisfied with that status, he turned to film for more challenging roles starring in blockbusters such as 1990's Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow in 1999, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in 2005, which all helped secure his status as a Hollywood pin-up.
    Thanks to his good looks, Depp has had his fair share of high-profile relationships with beautiful women.
    His first wife was Lori Anne Allison, who he married in 1983 before divorcing her two years later.
    He also got engaged to actresses Jennifer Grey and Sherilyn Fennel in the late 1980s before proposing to Winona Ryder in 1990.
    The duo starred in Edward Scissorhands together and he even had 'WINONA FOREVER' tattooed onto his arm.

One of his most famous relationships was a four-year dalliance with supermodel Kate Moss in the late 90s; the pair became the red carpet couple du jour.
    However, he moved onto French actress and singer Vanessa Paradis and the pair welcomed daughter Lily-Rose Melody Depp and son John Jack Christopher Depp III.
    After a 14-year relationship, the pair split in June 2012 and Depp married 29-year-old Amber Heard this year.
    The loved-up pair couldn't keep their hands off each other as they walked the red carpet together to promote his new film on Monday.
    In the fact-based Black Mass, Johnny plays Whitey Bulger, who went on to become South Boston's most infamous and violent gangster.

After a 14-year relationship with Paradis, the pair split in June 2012 and Depp married 29-year-old Amber Heard this year

PDA alert: The pair, who tied the knot in February, seemed totally lost in the moment as they kissed. Loved-up: The inseparable pair first met on the set of The Rum Diary in 2011.
    PUBLISHED: 09:40 EST, 15 September 2015 | UPDATED: 13:19 EST, 15 September 2015 here:

Hollywood heartthrob Johnny Depp finally loses his model looks at 52 | Daily Mail Online
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

OMG...facial implants!!!
    rollo, tulip and Clubber Lang like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Putting on weight doesn't look good on him. To start with.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I must say that I kind of never disliked Depp. Some of his movies sucked others were fine. And yes he often looks greasy but seriously I have been shocked at his latest appearance since that Disney Expo few weeks ago. What has happened to him? He looks like a parody of his former self. As he gained weight for a role, but he isn't shooting a movie now I think for the next few months he'll have his Oscar campaign. Pretty hard for him to get these kinds of snide remarks (whole articles!) about how shitty he looks... And I also can't help but feel that Amber is only in it for the spotlight.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

He's really got great hair for a 52 year old. Not thin at all even on the crown.
    arie_skop, SHELLEE and Honeythorn like this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

I don't think he really looks that bad, apart from hygiene issues. Maybe he put on some paunch for a role, or maybe hasn't lost it from shooting Black Mass?
    arie_skop and SHELLEE like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

^^Hm no. I think for Black Mass which was shot Spring/early Summer 2014 he didn't gain weight. See that pic of him in Black with the (blue) sun glasses; that was after Black Mass film shoot. I don't think he gained weight for a movie. I'm afraid he reminds me of poor Philip Seymour Hoffman.
    mostlylurking and dilligaf like this.

He's 52... Let him be!! He'll never get back to those jump street days and well.. That's all that counts
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Piss off!

The man is just aging and still dressing like he did as a younger man. He could stand to drop some pounds and so could I.
    dilligaf likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't like facial hair as it is, but his facial hair is really ugly, the way it grows all thin and wiry.

I thought it was funny on Jimmy Kimmel when Johnny and Jimmy kissed on the lips when Johnny came on and then after the interview, they kissed goodbye on the lips.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Elite Member

#freejohnny

Video at the link.

Never Make Eye Contact

Amber Heard, a blonde who recently married Johnny Depp, invited her mother to a screening of Depp’s Whitey Bulger biopic Black Mass last night. Let what transpired at the end of the red carpet be a lesson to everyone, most of all Amber Heard’s mother.

In the video above, filmed by KISS 92.5, Amber Heard’s mother makes the mistake of identifying herself as such to the cameraman. “I’m her mom—Amber’s,” she says. Then, a flash: Amber Heard storms off the red carpet, sweeping her mother away with the gale force winds she created by walking so swiftly.

Says Amber thinly and derisively to her mother before the two disappear from the frame: “Never make eye contact.”

That is, if you know what’s good for you.

Thank you! lol

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    OMG...facial implants!!!
    Yes, the fake cheekbones were too big. They seem to be smaller now?
    BITTER likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    I don't like facial hair as it is, but his facial hair is really ugly, the way it grows all thin and wiry.
    It's awful, isn't it? Getting rid of that mess would be the first step in getting at least some of his hotness back.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information