Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Bindi Irwin wants Hugh Jackman to play her Dad 'Steve Irwin' in biopic

Elite Member

Default Bindi Irwin wants Hugh Jackman to play her Dad 'Steve Irwin' in biopic

Bindi is reflective before 'Dancing With The Stars', mom considers biopic on Steve Irwin

Bindi is reflective before 'Dancing With The Stars', mom considers biopic on Steve Irwin

Wonderwall
    Mark Gray 6 hrs ago

© @dancingabc/Instagram Bindi is reflective before 'Dancing With The Stars,' mom considers biopic on Steve Irwin

Ready and reflective. As Bindi Irwin gets ready to put on her dancing shoes, she's thanking her supporters in a somewhat personal message.

The daughter of the late Steve Irwin will waltz her way onto Dancing With The Stars today to premiere the show's 21st season with partner Derek Hough.

"There are so many amazing souls that are going to be a part of this," she wrote on Instagram to her 513,000 followers before taking the dance floor. "But I want to thank you for your support and love. I couldn't be where I am today without you. I hope I'm able to inspire the world to remember to be brave and strong in life, even if it scares you. I'm doing this for you."

She finished her reflective words with a heart emoji and captioned the post by saying, "I love you."

A few hours prior to the taping of the show, Bindi reposted an image from ABC that showed her and a couple of the DWTS pros getting hair and makeup done.

Just last week, Bindi used social media to honour her late father posting a touching tribute on Instagram to "The Crocodile Hunter" following the ninth anniversary of his death.

The photo showed Steve interacting with a crocodile, as he often did.

"Thinking about home today. Father's Day is today in Australia and everyone is celebrating at Australia Zoo. It's such a special time of year, I hope everyone who comes to the zoo today is able to enjoy it with our gorgeous animals," she wrote. "No matter where I am in the world, this day means such a lot to me. My heart forever lives @AustraliaZoo – just like Dad's always did."

The premiere of DWTS comes amid a report that Bindi's mother, Terri Irwin, has agreed to green-lighting a biopic about her husband's life. Australia's New Idea quotes a source claiming "With 10 years since his death coming up in 2016, they really want to do something special... and would love to announce an authorized movie about Steve's life."

Terri, the publication said, won't completely sign off until it's been decided which actor plays her late husband.

"Bindi really wants Hugh Jackman to play Steve," the source said. "She thinks Hugh is just like her dad in many ways - loved, dependable and internationally renowned."

I remember Steve for screaming "What an AMAZING animal!" at all times and for having his newborn son so close to an alligator that the whole world questioned his sanity, because we knew that accidents happen, he learned that only later.....
    cheray likes this.

The only similarity between Hugh Jackman and Steve Irwin is the Australian thing. That's it.

I always had a little crush on Steve Irwin. He was like an un-medicated ADHD kid but I admired his true passion as a conservationist.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I think it should be that Jacko guy from the Energizer commercial.

I read the thread title and thought, "Well I'd want Hugh Jackman to play my daddy too..."

Bindi sounds sweet. Is she?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

She is just like her dad. Brave, kind hearted and passionate about wild life. When Steve died it felt like losing family.
    rollo, Mrs P, Bluebonnet and 3 others like this.

I remember being hurt the day he died. I loved his show and what he stood for.
    AquariusMoon, gas_chick and Mrs P like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ummhmmm Bindi...and Charlize Theron should play Golda Meir...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

She grew into a beautiful young lady, he would be proud.
    Bluebonnet and Mrs P like this.
    Piss off!

My kids developed such a strong love for all animals because of Steve. He was all they would watch lol. The way Steve treated his family and friends taught friendship, love and loyalty.

But I just can't picture Steve being played by Hugh, nope.... as Bluebonnet said, the only similarity is they're Aussies.

Who is a better choice to play Steve???
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Whoever plays him needs to have his crazy eyes, otherwise it won't work.
    Piss off!

Steve was manical, over the top and extreme person. Anyone who attempts it would be bordering dangerously close to being offensive. If it must go ahead, I would vote Ryan Kwanten.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Eric Bana came to mind for me straight away. Maybe I've seen him do a take off of Steve some time. He did lots of characters on Full Frontal I wonder if the Crocodile Hunter was one? Remember Poita???

A*O

Whoever does it has to be an Aussie, I have yet to hear an American actor doing a fair dinkum Aussie accent.
    Mrs P and Kittylady like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information