Like Tree26Likes
  • 12 Post By Sleuth
  • 6 Post By faithanne
  • 2 Post By Novice
  • 2 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 2 Post By kasippu
  • 2 Post By lindsaywhit

Thread: Addicted to antiques! Brad Pitt blows $33million in one-hour vintage shopping spree

Elite Member

Default Addicted to antiques! Brad Pitt blows $33million in one-hour vintage shopping spree

Addicted to antiques! Brad Pitt blows $33million in one-hour vintage shopping spree

Addicted to antiques! Brad Pitt blows $33million in one-hour vintage shopping spree | The FIX

The FIX
    By Jeremy Helligar..7 hours ago

Brad Pitt played a man who aged backwards in , but these days he apparently thinks older is better.

New Idea reports that the 51-year-old is addicted to buying antiques and recently spent $33million in one shopping spree. Brad's dealer and pal Bill Ketterer revealed the details of the actor's new obsession.

© Getty Images The 51-year-old is addicted to buying antiques.

"My friends told me how Brad turned up at one art and furniture show, spent $33million in an hour, then just got back on his plane and left," he said.

Such financial decadence probably got him a stern side-eye from wife Angelina Jolie, 40. After all, the couple have been trying to cut down on expenses, recently flying economy with the kids from Paris to Nice.

That hasn't stopped Brad from continuing to add to his already-considerable collection of art deco chairs, tables and lamps with regular trips to Bill's furniture showroom and warehouse in California.

"When Brad comes to the warehouse, I don't advise him," he says. "He usually has an interior designer or other people with him and he says to them: 'Hey, just wait in the car.'

"Brad told me once, the reason he likes to come here is because it's really soulful."

Antiquing might be good for his soul, but what about the Jolie-Pitt bank account? Sounds like they might soon have to buy a few more multi-million dollar homes just to store Brad's vintage haul.

Well Billy Bob has a fear of antique furniture, perhaps he is safeguarding his house.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I didn't read the story but I just had to come post here that the thread title cuts off on my iPad to "Addicted to Antiques: Brad Pitt blows" and I thought that was pretty harsh. They're only antiques.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

You'll be claiming to have friends next Faithanne

I guess the title writer (@ "the fix") doesnt know the difference between "antique" and "vintage" who says "nice vintage louis XIV chairs ?
    Kittylady and faithanne like this.

Is Brad shopping away the pain or blowing the divorce settlement? Why you not curious?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Does he have that kind of money? I know he's rich but 33M in an hour? That doesn't seem real.
    NickiDrea and Clubber Lang like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I know he is in to furniture (he bought a piece designed by my hubby) but normally he goes for design not antiques, vintage sounds more probable, like some epic pieces of Eames or Colombo.

They flew economy as there is no first class between Paris and Nice (it is an hour flight) you do have 'business tickets' but it is basically the same seat, same legspace ect (they just move the curtains) at the front of the plane with more amenities, like a snack on the plane, priority boarding, use of the lounge in the airport,... And judging from the pics there were sitting in the front rows so their tickets will have been $1000 more expensive then the one say in fifth row.
    lindsaywhit and Novice like this.

^^^Thanks for posting that - I was thinking the same thing. I had my wallet stolen on a Paris-Nice flight a few years ago. They wouldn't open the doors until it suddenly appeared under a seat a few rows back. Nothing was stolen, but my credit cards were flagged and there were tiny charge attempts (15 cents) from bizarre countries - some of the lesser known 'Stans' if I recall correctly. What really made an impression was how helpful the flight attendants were, and how positively incensed the French passengers around me became - they were really lovely.

random share -
    effie2 and Novice like this.

I used to TGV Paris-Nice & it was very sympatico, but I do hate flying if I dont have to.

Thread Information