Like Tree19Likes
  • 7 Post By idunno
  • 3 Post By tulip
  • 4 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By Clubber Lang
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 2 Post By BITTER

Thread: Serena Williams's ex Common gives his blessing for her romance with Drake

Elite Member

Default Serena Williams's ex Common gives his blessing for her romance with Drake

Serena Williams wows in classic little black dress at tennis event... as ex Common gives his blessing for her romance with Drake

Serena Williams' ex Common gives his blessing for her romance with Drake | Daily Mail Online Published: 15:11 EST, 28 August 2015 | Updated: 17:45 EST, 28 August 2015

Serena Williams may be a superstar tennis ace, but her ex Common recently proved he's a good sport.
    The 43-year-old Oscar winning rapper recently gave his blessing and well wishes for his former beloved's rekindled romance with frenemy Drake, according to TMZ.

Meanwhile, the 33-year-old athlete showed off her killer curves and looked stunning in a little black dress at the Taste of Tennis Gala in New York City on Thursday.

Superstar style: Serena Williams attended the Taste of Tennis Gala in New York City on Thursday

Earlier this week on Sunday, Serena and Drake were pictured affectionately kissing at Sotto restaurant in downtown Cincinnati, sparking rumours of a new relationship.

Although neither A-lister has yet to confirm or deny the PDA-packed photos, the decorated tennis player received kind words from her ex-boyfriend Common.
    'Serena is a friend of mine, as long as she's happy I'm good,' the Selma star told TMZ on Wednesday in Los Angeles.
    'You know, that's my friend. We dated, but that was done a long time ago now we just friends. She's doing super good on the tennis, she's incredible. Long as she's happy, I'm good.'

'Serena is a friend of mine, as long as she's happy I'm good': Ex-boyfriend Common shared kind words about Williams' new romance with Drake recently (pictured in April 2010)

Back together? The pair dated briefly in 2011 but have been hanging out more often as of late pictured here in London together in July

Rekindled: Serena and Drake were pictured affectionately kissing at Sotto restaurant in downtown Cincinnati on Sunday

Common and Serena dated on and off from 2008 to 2010. After their split, Williams briefly dated Drake in 2011.

During that same time, it was rumored that Common and Drake had a feud because of their affections for Serena, sparking war of words with respective songs and even engaging in a fist fight at the 2012 Grammy Awards.

In February 2015, Common appeared on The Meredith Vieira Show where he talked about getting dumped by Serena.
    'It was kinda eventually a mutual thing, but she initiated it. It's OK though! We've got a great understanding, and I care about her as a person,' he said.

'Most of the women that I've dealt with, I care about, so we can keep that friendship. You still have that respect and have love for them and still want to see them do well.'

However, the clear winner is Serena. The recent Wimbledon champion had a beaming smile on her face at a recent NYC event celebrating tennis and food.

Elite Member

Why would she need her ex's blessing for anything?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Why would she need her ex's blessing for anything?
    Exactly what I was thinking…but it is refreshing to hear someone supporting their ex instead of bashing him/her.
    BelledeJour, czb and idunno like this.

Damn I'd take Common over Drake any damn day.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

LIKE a billion times.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Ewwwwwww Drake is hideous, I don't get it. You can do better Serena!
    arie_skop likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Common looks like a little figurine standing next to Serena.
    BITTER and Clubber Lang like this.

Killer curves?

This is a scary pic of Serena...don't go blonde, never ever do this again.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

My first thought was, who asked you, Common. Then I realized that he was probably not being a jerk and mentioning how he approves of her, as much as he was answering a stupid reporter's stupid question.

Thread Information