Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Matt Damon: Marriage Is A Crazy Idea But I Love Being Married To My Wife

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Matt Damon: Marriage Is A Crazy Idea But I Love Being Married To My Wife

Matt Damon Talks Marriage, Gives Ben Affleck Update : People.com

Matt Damon Opens Up About His 10-Year Marriage to Luciana Barroso, Sounds Off on Pal Ben Affleck: 'He's Good'

Matt Damon
    Evan Agostini/Invision/AP

By Jodi Guglielmi
    @JodiGug3 08/20/2015 AT 06:15 PM EDT

Matt Damon is happy and in love.

With his 10-year wedding anniversary to wife Luciana Barroso coming up, the Martian actor has had some time to reflect on just how much he cherishes his relationship.

"I'm lucky I found my wife," the 44-year-old actor tells Entertainment Tonight. "I guess maybe, if there's any secret ... it's to feel lucky."

Still, Damon admits, "I think marriage is insane. It's a crazy idea but I love being married to my wife. So I wouldn't tell anybody else anything about their relationship."

With every marriage having its ups and downs, Damon says there is no secret formula to making it work.

"So much of it is out of your hands," he explains. "I mean, I just had that conversation with my father this weekend. He said the same thing to me. He said it's God's grace, is what he said. Because you just don't get lucky."

While his close friend Ben Affleck tries to navigate his way through a painful divorce, Damon assures everyone that Affleck is doing just fine.

"I think he was actually in Atlanta with his family," Damon said of Affleck, who has been traveling often to the Southern city to visit his three children, who've been living there while estranged wife Jennifer Garner works on location for her new movie. "So we missed each other but ... he's good. He's good."

Damon has been a major source of support for Affleck since his split from Garner. The actors and former costars have been loyal friends for more than 30 years.

"They have a bond," a source previously told PEOPLE. "Few people know Ben better than Matt, and that is really invaluable."

Last week, Damon chatted with PEOPLE about Affleck at the Project Greenlight premiere in Los Angeles, joking about his friend's birthday, which Affleck celebrated with his family at Disney World.

"I wish him well, but he's 43, it's kind of like, meh," Damon said. "What is 43? It's not 40, it's not 45, it's 43. It's a forgettable birthday."

Still, Damon said that his pal is doing "great."

"He's got a big smile on his face," he said.

Matt Damon Talks Marriage, Gives Ben Affleck Update : People.com

I like him and have respect for how he publically honors the father of his step-daughter.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

He has always been a rock star in my book. Just re-watched Good Will Hunting...a forever classic! Wonder if he's really gay & likes cuban guys that he keeps in a backhouse on his property as Laineygossip.com claims. I just don't see it! ...and, if he does, and the wife knows, and it is all good, then fine by me! She also says he is an amazing person, giving, sincere and one of the genuine few that goes out of there way for others on a regular basis. I also was impressed when he stuck to the Bourne films producer and left the series when he thought the writing was piss poor. Not many would walk away from that much cash over the quality factor when it was a sure thing for him.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Good for you, Matt! Wishing Ben well, but keeping your distance is smart. You don't want to ge caught up in that shit storm.
    bootspaige likes this.

Matt always comes across like he has more integrity than Ben.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I like him and have respect for how he publically honors the father of his step-daughter.

What did he say/do?

With his 10-year wedding anniversary to wife Luciana Barroso coming up, the Martian actor has had some time to reflect on just how much he cherishes his relationship.

"I'm lucky I found my wife," the 44-year-old actor tells Entertainment Tonight. "I guess maybe, if there's any secret ... it's to feel lucky."

Still, Damon admits, "I think marriage is insane. It's a crazy idea but I love being married to my wife. So I wouldn't tell anybody else anything about their relationship."
    I agree with this. Feeling lucky that you are in the relationship with the person you are with. It's made me grateful to be where I am, and try to work hard to not screw it up.
    bootspaige likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    What did he say/do?
    Years ago someone asked him about being a father and he made it clear that he is a stepfather, that his stepdaughter already has a wonderful father, and he was happy to get to be another adult in her life. Alexia's father has nothing but great things to say about Matt too.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by bootspaige View Post
    He has always been a rock star in my book. Just re-watched Good Will Hunting...a forever classic! Wonder if he's really gay & likes cuban guys that he keeps in a backhouse on his property as Laineygossip.com claims. I just don't see it! ...and, if he does, and the wife knows, and it is all good, then fine by me! She also says he is an amazing person, giving, sincere and one of the genuine few that goes out of there way for others on a regular basis. I also was impressed when he stuck to the Bourne films producer and left the series when he thought the writing was piss poor. Not many would walk away from that much cash over the quality factor when it was a sure thing for him.
    I alway thought it was George Clooney, who was into Cuban rent boys.

Elite Member

^^ All those idiot step parents (and divorced/single parents too) need so see how it's done. Leave the crazy at the door. I'm looking at YOU Halle, Leann and Kelly.
    Last edited by mostroop; August 22nd, 2015 at 05:27 PM.
    BITTER, idunno, deenz and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    I alway thought it was George Clooney, who was into Cuban rent boys.
    I read on agc.com that Matt also likes his men the way he likes his cigars...guess you ain't A-list until you're accused of being gay/bi.
    idunno and sluce like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Years ago someone asked him about being a father and he made it clear that he is a stepfather, that his stepdaughter already has a wonderful father, and he was happy to get to be another adult in her life. Alexia's father has nothing but great things to say about Matt too.
    I love reading stuff like that. That's how to avoid fucking up your kids.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

Made me think of this

There have been plenty of blind items of him cheating on his wife. I remember one where it said he liked taking on films that took him to other countries, so that he could have a taste of the women there, so to speak. It was basically solved to be him, and they started listing down the movies he's done, which were filmed in other countries. I really don't feel he's the upstanding guy he makes himself out to be. Not to mention he's made some sexist comments, which is very surprising coming from a guy with three daughters and who was raised by a single mom.

Sometimes I think the celebs' handlers throw out scraps to the gossip columnists who do BI's, just to confuse people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information