Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Herve Leger Bandage Dress 'Not For Voluptuous Women Or Lesbians'

Default Herve Leger Bandage Dress 'Not For Voluptuous Women Or Lesbians'

Patirck Couderc.

Patrick Couderc, the managing director of Herve Leger in London, told the UK’s The Mail on Sunday that not all women should wear the brand’s iconic, skin-tight bandage dresses.

According to the site, Couderc said that “voluptuous” ladies and those with “very prominent hips and a very flat chest” should steer clear of the body-hugging garments, and that lesbians should also avoid the look. “If you’re a committed lesbian and you are wearing trousers all your life, you won’t want to buy a Leger dress,” he said. “Lesbians would want to be rather butch and leisurely.”
    Couderc also told The Mail that women over a certain age should not wear the dress. “What you’re not noticing is that your cleavage is about two inches too low because you are 55 and it’s time that you should not display everything like you’re 23,” he told the site, referring to women trying on the dress in stores.
    The body-con styled dress, which was first produced in the 1980s and relaunched by the brand in 2007, has been worn by numerous celebrities, ranging from Miranda Kerr and Kim Kardashian to Caitlyn Jenner.

Though many famous women can pull off the dress, Couderc said he wouldn’t give away free dresses to just any celebrity either. In fact, he refuses to offer garments to those who “lack sufficient class.” When asked about UK reality stars wearing Herve dresses, Couderc stated: “You can be a victim of your success.”

After The Mail on Sunday published his quotes, comedian Margaret Cho fought back on Twitter, urging a boycott. “Boycott the #bandagedress,” she tweeted along with a link to the story. “I remember being in a shop in the 90s called 'horn' and a dress being PULLED from my hands - they said THAT'S TOO SMALL YOU'LL RIP IT #f—ku,” she wrote in a follow-up tweet. “F—k fashion and 'designers' that body shame @HerveLeger #wecanwearwhateverthefuckwewant #boycottherveleger.”

On Monday, Aug. 17, BCBGMAXAZRIA Group said that Couderc is not an authorized spokesperson for Herve Leger. “The Herve Leger by Max Azria brand and its parent company, BCBGMAXAZRIA Group, are shocked and appalled by Patrick Couderc’s comments made in the Mail on Sunday,” the company said in a statement. “BCBGMAXAZRIA Group is working in concert with MJH Fashion, the London-based licensee of the Herve Leger brand, to investigate and establish appropriate next steps. The statements made by Mr. Couderc are not a reflection of Herve Leger by Max Azria or MJH Fashion ideals or sentiments. The Herve Leger by Max Azria brand celebrates sensuality, glamour, and femininity without discrimination.”

Read more: Herve Leger Exec to Curvy Gals, Lesbians: Don't Wear the Bandage Dress - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

I don't get the lesbian thing but the rest crack me up because he sounds so bitchy. He probably should be after coming up with this crack ho "dress."

No one should wear those dresses because they are fucking tacky. Is he trying to be Kunty Karl?
    Last edited by ChemicalHelena; August 17th, 2015 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typo
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

I hate that dress

I want whomever is designing those bandage dresses now to marry Stella McCartney and fly with her over the Bermuda Triangle for their honeymoon.
    redcat, kasippu and Niki Taylor like this.

Those dresses are so 2008.

But... Beth Ditto wore one of those dresses before! She's both lesbian and voluptuous, hmmm maybe she messed that's where this opinion is coming from!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

So he managed to diss lesbians, older women, full-figured women, and pear-shaped women all at once ... it's like a stack of dominoes here.
    Sassiness likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

No one should wear those fug ass dresses. STFU.
    arie_skop likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

this guy obviously doesn't know his client base. aren't those dresses completely passé anyway?
    holly likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

No bandage dress for you!!
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Though many famous women can pull off the dress, Couderc said he wouldn’t give away free dresses to just any celebrity either. In fact, he refuses to offer garments to those who “lack sufficient class.” When asked about UK reality stars wearing Herve dresses, Couderc stated: “You can be a victim of your success.”
    The reason UK reality stars wear bandage dress is not that it's successful, but that the dress it self lacks class. If he only wants classy women to wear his clothes, he should design some classy clothes.
    Ravenna, holly, *DIVA! and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    this guy obviously doesn't know his client base. aren't those dresses completely passé anyway?
    To anyone with any taste, so everyone except the Jenner family......

“What you’re not noticing is that your cleavage is about two inches too low because you are 55 and it’s time that you should not display everything like you’re 23,” he told the site, referring to women trying on the dress in stores.
    Anyone who is 55 and doesn't know better than to wear ugly crap like that dress needs to be slapped.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

fgg

he's been fired.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information