Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Sharon Stone Poses Naked and Talks Stroke: "I Have Brain Damage"

Default Sharon Stone Poses Naked and Talks Stroke: "I Have Brain Damage"

"I'm aware that my ass looks like a bag of flapjacks but I'm not trying to be the best-looking broad in the world," Stone tells the magazine about being comfortable enough in her own skin to pose nude. "At a certain point you start asking yourself, 'What really is sexy?' It's not just the elevation of your boobs. It's being present and having fun and liking yourself enough to like the person thats with you. If I believed that sexy was trying to be who I was when I did Basic Instinct, then we'd all be having a hard day today."
    Still, we think she's holding up pretty well since the 1992 film.

Harper's Bazaar
    On a more serious note, Stone also opens up about the aneurysm that she suffered in 2001, and the subsequent cerebral hemorrhage that lasted nine days. The Agent X star says she felt unwell for three days before she went to the emergency room, and it turned out she'd had a stroke. She lost consciousness soon after being admitted.
    "When I came to, the doctor was leaning over me. I said, 'Am I dying?'" she recalls. "And he said, 'You're bleeding into your brain.' I said, 'I should call my mom,' and he said, 'You're right. You could lose the ability to speak soon.'"

Stone was eventually diagnosed with a ruptured vertebral artery. "I was hemorrhaging so much that my brain had been pushed into the front of my face," she says bluntly. "It took two years for my body just to absorb all the internal bleeding I had. It almost feels like my entire DNA changed. My brain isn't sitting where it used to, my body type changed, and even my food allergies are different."
    Though as a result, she notes that she's become more "emotionally intelligent."
    "I chose to work very hard to open up other parts of my mind," she explains. "Now I'm stronger. And I can be abrasively direct. That scares people, but I think that's not my problem. It's like, I have brain damage; you'll just have to deal with it."

These days, a confident Stone is actually looking to improve her love life.
    "I never get asked out," she surprisingly complains. "It's so stupid. I don't know what to do. I've been getting more brazen with flirting, but I don't think men realize that I'm flirting. They just think, 'Oh, she's fun!'"
    "Do you think people even realize I'm straight?" she hilariously asks her assistant. "I think they have questions about it because I have so many lesbian friends right now."

Sharon Stone, 57, Poses Naked and Talks Stroke: 'I Have Brain Damage'

I give her a lot of credit for what she has been through and remains so secure and beautiful, but hell there is a lot of air brushing going here.

She wonders why no one asks her out........."I chose to work very hard to open up other parts of my mind," she explains. "Now I'm stronger. And I can be abrasively direct. That scares people.....this might be it.

I knew she'd sneak Basic Instinct into the interview...she does that.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I love her. Yeah, there's some work done in those photos, but I don't care. She's a badass.

I really like the shots, and I'm also wondering about the nature of the photoshopping - not being critical, but just wondering. Her face looks a little different.

Some people were upset with a part of the interview where she seemed to be dumping on the fact that she considered working on TV (and her time on Law & Order) as beneath her.

Also, we are missing the best shot:

Shes always been abrasive, she just has a. Better excuse now.
    Beeyotch, BITTER and lindsaywhit like this.

Elite Member

This is how you do naked, hot & sexy after 50 Madonna- take note! I'm not the biggest Sharon Stone fan but she looks drop dead gorgeous in these pics, and barely gives off a waft of desperation (unlike Madge who reeks of it)!

If I look half this good at her age I will be one happy camper.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I love how she acknowledges that her body isn't "perfect" by modern day standards, and the way she describes it always makes me laugh (when she says her thighs were like cottage cheese ), and that takes a lot of confidence to have zero fucks to give, I admire her for that.
    That's why I wish they hadn't photoshopped the pictures so much (gorgeous though they may be now), because I'm sure it could have helped many women to show an "imperfect" woman feeling sexy and comfortable with her body. Because we need those kind of role models, who say our worth and sexiness don't depend on the perkiness of our chest or firmness of our thighs. (and Lena Dunham, that's how it's done, please.)
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I don't really want to talk about her airbrushed body. There have been a lot of blinds about putting her kids on planes and not being there or not being in the same cabin. I get she is stripping off for her career but did she develop emotional intelligence with her children?
    Kathie_Moffett and BITTER like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

^^ Doubtful given the court report when she lost custody of her son in 2008; given that the judge made it permanent (Kelly Rutherford's judge should take note).

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    This is how you do naked, hot & sexy after 50 Madonna- take note! I'm not the biggest Sharon Stone fan but she looks drop dead gorgeous in these pics, and barely gives off a waft of desperation (unlike Madge who reeks of it)!

If I look half this good at her age I will be one happy camper.
    If you think that these pictures are an accurate & realistic of that 60 yr old body then you are dillusional. They are photoshopped to hell just as her face is full of fillers & 'shopped.

I'm sorry but having the words "I have brain damage" above her nude pics is really funny.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Photoshopped yes, but the pictures are great. Legs for days! I know Sharon Stone has always been considered a nickel-plated cunt, but I like the shit out of her...brain damage or not.
    A*O and Clubber Lang like this.

Elite Member

Has her face changed a lot? If someone had just posted that pic without telling me who it was, I wouldn't have guessed Sharon Stone. She does look great, regardless.

I want whoever did the airbrushing on these pics to airbrush all my pics forever.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    Has her face changed a lot? If someone had just posted that pic without telling me who it was, I wouldn't have guessed Sharon Stone. She does look great, regardless.
    Just remember that you did ask...

So there you go, they are mostly in date order.

I think that she looks better when she is not photoshopped, as she really does look great for her age, or for any age, she always has.
    The article states that she is the spokesperson for Restylane, and that this is in part due to the effects of her stoke on her face.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information