Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Charmed Hour
  • 1 Post By Charmed Hour
  • 3 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By tulip
  • 1 Post By Trixie
  • 2 Post By A*O

Thread: Annie Lennox’s Daughter Rescued After Capsizing in Hudson River, Boyfriend Missing

Default Annie Lennox’s Daughter Rescued After Capsizing in Hudson River, Boyfriend Missing

Police are currently searching for the boyfriend of Tali Lennox-Fruchtmann, daughter of singer Annie Lennox, after the couple capsized while kayaking in the Hudson River in New York City on Saturday morning.
    The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Lennox-Fruchtmann, 22, and Ian Jones, 32, became separated once they were thrown into the water due to their kayak flipping. A passing vessel found and rescued Lennox-Fruchtmann, however Jones has not been located.
    “Once the initial responding Deputies confirmed that Mr. Jones may still be in the water, Marine Patrols and Dive Teams from the Sheriff’s Office and other agencies immediately responded to begin searching the river,” the Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. “Mr. Jones has not been located, and the search is expected to be suspended sometime tonight. The size of the search area and the conditions on the river have made the search difficult up to this point, and both will be reevaluated tomorrow to determine if the search can continue.”
    Authorities stated that the incident appears to be an accident and no foul play is suspected. It was also revealed that neither Lennox-Fruchtmann nor Jones were wearing life preservers when the kayak capsized.
    According to People, Lennox-Fruchtmann was examined at the scene of the incident and did not require medical treatment and remained on-hand as the search proceeded.
    The Sheriff’s Office released a description of Jones as “a white male, approx. 6’3” with a slim build, dark hair, wearing jeans and a denim shirt.” Anyone with information regarding his location, or anyone who sees Jones, are asked to contact authorities at the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office immediately at 845-486-3800 or call the tipline at 845-605-2583.

Source: https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/...r-capsizing-in

Sad, the state law requires they wear life jackets. I wish more people would adhere.
    rollo and Lalasnake like this.

I don't understand why people won't wear them.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I don't understand why people won't wear them.
    I'll admit they're uncomfortable for the most part. However, when out in the Hudson the currents can be unpredictable. Doesn't matter, imo, how strong a swimmer you are, follow the law!
    czb likes this.

It's like not wearing a seatbelt. Plain old dumb.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Bronze Member

Drinking on a kayak and not wearing a life jacket? Unwise.

Elite Member

This makes me really sad. Such a pointless tragedy. Really bad decisions.
    Sarzy likes this.

It doesn't look good for Ian.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Local NYC station is reporting they pulled a body believed to be his.

Oh no

Yeah I knew he was dead the minute they said they were still looking for him. Sad.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ unfortunately I can't remember one single incident where they found someone alive, when stating "still looking for".
    -

Yep, in the water it goes quickly from rescue to recovery. And it usually takes at least a few days for the body's gasses to release, bringing it to the surface and/or shore.

I live near Lake Michigan and every year there are at least a few drownings, young and inexperienced swimmers usually. Just a few weeks ago they recovered a 20 year old girl, two of her companions were rescued right away, she disappeared in the water and after that, there's nothing you can do but wait. People just don't understand how strong and unforgiving the currents can be.
    sluce likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ah, so sad. Very glad to hear Annie's daughter made it, though. The no life jacket thing is unbelievable. I think people believe rivers are safe or something. No, no, no. Jeff Buckley, for one, could tell people a thing or two about that, if only he'd survived that quick swim in the Mississippi.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

A*O

Modern life jackets can be very compact and comfortable, almost like a harness that inflates when submerged. But they only work if you bother to wear one. There really is no excuse for these completely preventable and needless tragedies.

greysfang and Jazzy like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information