Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Kelly Osbourne Gets Backlash for Insensitive Comment

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Kelly Osbourne Gets Backlash for Insensitive Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AJtYqieHk8

Kelly Osbourne to Donald Trump: If You Kick All Latinos Out of America, Who Is Going to Clean Your Toilets? | E! Online

News/Kelly Osbourne to Donald Trump: If You Kick All Latinos Out of America, Who Is Going to Clean Your Toilets?
    by Zach Johnson Today 10:26 AM PDT

Kelly Osbourne is about as eloquent as Donald Trump.

The Project Runway Junior judge was a guest co-host on The View Tuesday and offended many viewers while trying to make a point about the presidential hopeful's own offensive remarks.

The episode, dedicated solely to Hot Topics, was going smoothly until Whoopi Goldberg mentioned that Trump is still leading in the polls. "Yeah, well, what are you gonna do?" she asked. "He's confident that his poll numbers are just going to keep on rising." She then played a clip of Trump on ABC's This Week in which he said, "You have a black president [Barack Obama] who's done very poorly for the African Americans in this country, and I think I will win the African-American vote and I think I will win the Hispanic vote. You've seen the recent polls that came out. [Jonathan Karl], you'll see that, because I'm leading in the Hispanic vote."

The View
    's Rosie Perez then rattled off some recent polling results from Telemundo and The Wall Street Journal, which found that 75 percent of Latinos do not like Trump; 61 percent said they viewed him very negatively; 13 percent said they viewed him in a positive light; and 50 percent found his immigration rhetoric offensive. Perez said that, according to the poll, 55 percent of Latino voters agreed that Trump's comments about Mexico were "insulting and racist and have no place in a campaign for president."

Raven-Symoné said, "They are acting like children—the children that we were told not to act like." She added, "It's ridiculous."

ABC/Jeff Neira

Osbourne asked, "In what way does he think that people are going to vote for him after he's just called them rapists and murderers?" After Michelle Collins jumped in, Osbourne addressed Raven-Symoné and said, "I have a feeling that what is going on is that he is drumming up all of this following and he's going to pull out right before the campaign...to get all of his voters to vote for the other Republican."

"I said that a long time ago," Raven-Symoné said.

Perez clarified the point Collins was trying to make, saying, "There are a lot of Latinos here in this country that do agree that the immigration problem is a problem and it does need to be addressed and it does need to be fixed. But making those comments—those racist comments—does not help."

ABC/Jeff Neira

"If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump?" Osbourne said. "In the sense that...you know what I mean? But I'm saying that in L.A., they always..." The other co-hosts were taken aback, and Perez said, "Latinos are not only the only people doing that." Osbourne cut her off and said, "No, I didn't mean it like that! Come on! I would never mean it like that! I'm not part of this argument."
    At the end of the show, Perez defended Osbourne, telling viewers, "I want to apologize to this young woman once again for being overly sensitive."
    Osbourne asked why, saying, "You have every right..."

"No, Kelly Osbourne is on our side and I was sensitive," Perez said. "My disdain should go to only Donald Trump, so I'm sorry, darling."

"No, you don't have to apologize to me," Osbourne said. "I love you, Rosie."

Still, the damage was done—and Twitter came out in full force:

Dani @danielleariana5
    Kelly Osbourne seriously chose the worst words to explain Trump's conflict directed towards Mexicans.. Smh.
    11:43 AM - 4 Aug 2015

Duron Carter @DC_CHILLIN_8
    When you try to act like you not racist but you can't hold it in Kelly Osbourne smh
    1:17 PM - 4 Aug 2015

Terrance Terrell @Ttgotit
    Kelly Osbourne HOW DARE YOU!!!?
    1:32 PM - 4 Aug 2015

View image on Twitter

Follow
    ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀ @callmedollar

How long until Kelly Osbourne's "apology" with her saying she has Hispanic friends and watches Dora the Explorer?
    12:50 PM - 4 Aug 2015

Stereo Williams @stereowilliams
    This Kelly Osbourne thing is an example of how liberal racism feels superior to right wing racism but is still just regular ol' racism...
    12:43 PM - 4 Aug 2015

Jai Sophrosyne @JChiron18
    *sigh* when I think about what my mother & her mother when thru to get by & raise a family. Smh. Then to have @KellyOsbourne trivialize it
    1:32 PM - 4 Aug 2015

Steph. @qsteph
    That was an awkward/offensive comment by Kelly Osbourne; saying that if all the Latino's leave, who will clean the toilets #TheView
    11:31 AM - 4 Aug 2015

Model Me Not @ModelMeNot
    Wanna know what else @KellyOsbourne has in common w toilets? She just flushed her "career" down one. How ignorant. What a hypocrite #theview
    1:30 PM - 4 Aug 2015

Jay @SheaprojPena
    Stop trying to cover for Kelly Osbourne. What she said was SUPER racist, stereotypical, & downright despicable. She should be suspended.
    1:29 PM - 4 Aug 2015

shar @SharSaysSo
    Get Kelly Osbourne tf outta here. I'm sick of both her and her mama with their problematic and racist comments. Trash across the board.
    1:33 PM - 4 Aug 2015

Mr. October @TheAndreGeorge
    Let Kelly Osbourne's comments serve as a reminder... Some of the most racist ppl in the world will consider themselves to be an "ally"
    12:55 PM - 4 Aug 2015

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd
    oooh Lawd @KellyOsbourne latinos can only clean toilets... what are blacks good for? breastfeeding dem babies! Girl what did you just say!
    12:52 PM - 4 Aug 2015

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd
    cutting @KellyOsbourne a little slack, bc I've done it myself ... sometimes isht comes out of your mouth live that you didn't mean to say
    12:56 PM - 4 Aug 2015

President Trump @Writeintrump
    It's too bad Kelly Osbourne doesn't mumble incoherently like her Dad, then no one could tell when she's being racist.
    1:29 PM - 4 Aug 2015

Johnny Ikon @JohnnyIkon
    This is the reality of racism in American TV - @rosieperezbklyn has to apologize for @KellyOsbourne after Kelly's racist remark.
    1:30 PM - 4 Aug 2015

Kelly Osbourne to Donald Trump: If You Kick All Latinos Out of America, Who Is Going to Clean Your Toilets? | E! Online
    Last edited by dougie; August 4th, 2015 at 01:55 PM.

Kelly just told everyone who she really is. Believe her.

czb

um, anyone with eyes saw who kelly osbourne was about a zillion years ago. no news here ....
    rollo, deenz and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Elite Member

That's racist? Poorly worded but I would have guessed that she was referring more so to the prevalence of some immigrants doing a lot of menial, manual labor work and while Trump disparages Latinos, and/or immigrants, he has shown he has no issue with exploiting and benefitting from their labor, so she was just pointing out that hypocrisy. Not that she thinks that is all a Latino is capable of or should be doing, just pointing out Trump's hypocrisy. But I don't follow her enough to be aware of whether she has a tendency to be racist...

I'm more skeeved out about the fact that two of the panelists onstage have unnatural hair colors.

I think I get what she was trying to say - that a lot of the immigrants here are doing menial labor that many Americans turn their noses up at - but it really, really came out wrong.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

That's what I took from it too Bitter. She's just not smart enough to get her point across.
    BITTER, twitchy2.0, nwgirl and 3 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

News/Kelly Osbourne to Donald Trump: If You Kick All Latinos Out of America, Who Is Going to Clean Your Toilets?

how about the uneducated and untalented celeb spawn that are everywhere? Because if they had to rely on themselves instead of family connections to get jobs, cleaning toilets would probably be all that most of these kids were qualified to do.
    BITTER, twitchy2.0, msdeb and 15 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Silver Member

Somewhere Giuliana Rancic is laughing her fucking ass off.
    nwgirl, Laurent, sputnik and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Briar Rose View Post
    Somewhere Giuliana Rancic is laughing her fucking ass off.
    She would have to have an ass in the first place, but I get your point!
    msdeb, CL**, gas_chick and 17 others like this.

Ugh, Kelly Osbourne. Why does she even get any tv time?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I saw it more about class issue than anything else. The haves and the have nots. Maybe she should be cleaning her own damn toilet.
    greysfang likes this.

Her "apology" is even worse:

^ Yeah, sure you do. She's just a horrible person.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Racist cunt.

Hit By Ban Bus!

At least she's honest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information