Thread: Morrissey claims airport sex assault

Elite Member

Default Morrissey claims airport sex assault

Morrissey claims airport sex assault

Morrissey claims airport sex assault

BBC News
    5 hrs ago

AP

British singer Morrissey has claimed he was sexually assaulted by a security officer at San Francisco International Airport, who he says "groped" him.

Writing on his True to You fan website, the star said he had been going through security checks on his way to board a flight to London when it happened.

Airport officials have insisted they were following normal procedure.

Morrissey said he was accompanied by two British Airways staff who assured him that "a complaint was worthwhile".

"I went through the usual airport security procedure including the stand-up 'scanner', and all was well - no bleeps and nothing unusual," wrote Morrissey.

"Before I could gather my belongings from the usual array of trays I was approached by an 'airport security officer' who stopped me, crouched before me and groped my penis and testicles."

Complaint filed

Morrissey said the security officer in question had "quickly moved away as an older 'airport security officer' approached".

He added: "Luckily I was accompanied by two members of British Airways Special Services, who were horrified at the sexual attack and suggested that I lodge a complaint."

The singer - who has now filed a sexual assault complaint - also detailed an exchange with the security officer who he said was challenged over "sexually groping" him. Morrissey said he replied to each statement with "that's just your opinion."

An official spokesman for the Transport Security Administration (TSA) said security camera footage confirmed that nothing out of the ordinary had occurred.

"TSA takes all allegations of misconduct seriously and strives to treat every passenger with dignity and respect," said TSA spokesman Mike England.

"Upon review of closed circuit TV footage, TSA determined that the supervised officer followed standard operating procedures in the screening of this individual."

He added that the arrival of a second person to screen Morrissey was normal, and helped "to ensure the passenger does not have threat items, such as explosives concealed under clothing."

Maybe he was worried they would pull out a sock. Who does he think he is - Diana Ross?
    Belt Up likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Of course a claim is worthwhile, you're a Diva star and they (BA staff) will be worried about their PR.

He's probably gearing up his PR too since he apparently has a couple of gigs in September.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I just got home from a trip. Oakland to Detroit and back. I got felt up coming and going, no wands, just hands. And this was after I went through the machine thingy. My trip home was delayed because they found a box cutter on board the plane we were supposed to get on. They also ran my purse and carry-on through the machine three times and opened them and searched through them. Still not sure what it was all about. I flew first class and was treated like a terrorist. I guess it's the way it is now.

My sister just went to his concert here in PDX, she said it was terrible. No opening band, just odd music videos and he acted like everything was a chore.

Thread Information