Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: ROWDY' RODDY PIPER DIES AT 61 From Cardiac Arrest

Default ROWDY' RODDY PIPER DIES AT 61 From Cardiac Arrest

I am in absolute shock and am saddened.

Yet another piece of my childhood is gone. RIP Hot Rod.

'Rowdy' Roddy Piper -- Dies at 61 from Cardiac Arrest | TMZ.com

ROWDY' RODDY PIPER

DIES AT 61

From Cardiac Arrest

Wrestling legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper has died at the age of 61... TMZ Sports has learned.

Piper -- born Roderick George Toombs -- died from cardiac arrest in his sleep at his home in Hollywood on Thursday night. He was discovered on Friday.

Piper was a wrestling icon -- one of the biggest stars in the WWE back in the '80s, and even wrestled in "Wrestlemania I" back in 1985 ... squaring off against Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.

Roddy's rep tells us, "I am devastated at this news. Rod was a good friend as well as a client and one of the most generous, sincere and authentic people I have ever known. This is a true loss to us all."

Piper had been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2006, but last November he said he was cancer free. A family source tells us he was "cancer free" at the time of his death.

A family member tells us, "Our family is saddened by the sudden passing of our father and beloved husband, Roderick Toombs aka Rowdy Roddy Piper."

Roddy was admitted into the WWE Hall of Fame back in 2005 and was one of the top 50 villains in the history of the WWE.

Piper had a long relationship with WWE -- last wrestling back in 2008 ... but appeared on various WWE shows up until 2014.

Roddy is survived by his wife Kitty and their 4 kids -- including 3 daughters and son Colton who's pursuing a career in professional wrestling.

The death is especially shocking considering we just spoke to him on Friday and asked his opinion about the Hulk Hogan scandal.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Sad. Sixty-one is still young. I met him when he made an appearance in my hometown to receive an award by our mayor at the time. What a nice man. RIP Hot Rod.
    spinmonkey and MohandasKGanja like this.
    Rock the fuck on!

Oh no, he was my favorite!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ My brother's too, along with British Bulldog - also gone too soon.
    spinmonkey likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Only he could pull off a kilt. Rip
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

One thing I always respected about Roddy is he refused to wrestle on WWF events in Oregon.

He wouldn't compete with Promoter Don Owen who was like a father to him and gave him his first break.
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

The wrestling world has been rocked by scandal and death lately...what gives?
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

My son is all upset. His fav movie was "They live". He loved him. RIP

Elite Member

Rest in Peace Roddy Piper.

We just re-watched "They Live" a few months ago. Still an awesome movie. So sad, I wonder if his Hodgkin's treatment caused some sort of heart damage.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Loved him! Handsome and funny. They Live is a cult classic in our house. My boys who are now almost thirty, loved him on WWF while growing up. Dammit, so sorry to hear this. R.I.P. Roddy, too young
    Drive-by poster

loved him on its always sunny in philadelphia as the maniac! and they live. i gots the sads.

this totally made my day shitty. I met him a few times, back in the 80's when he'd come to wrestling (when it was WWF and not televised). We got meet and greets for free.
    i wasn't the total picture whore back then, but was very kind, and genuinely interested in all of the people he spoke with there.

he was just on WWE Legends on the WWE network.

Tonight we went to WWE Live (a show that isn't televised) and they did a 10 bell for him. Yup, i cried. RIP
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I totally remember this guy. The perennial bad guy in all the WWF events at the time. And actually a nice guy and family man in real life. I had found some clips of him on celebrity wife swap, and the guy absolutely LOVED his family, and he basically said his job was all about making sure he took care of them Loved that. HOWEVER, he could have done a little more work around the house (both he and his wife admitted that).

RIP, Roderick Toombs!

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    this totally made my day shitty. I met him a few times, back in the 80's when he'd come to wrestling (when it was WWF and not televised). We got meet and greets for free.
    i wasn't the total picture whore back then, but was very kind, and genuinely interested in all of the people he spoke with there.

he was just on WWE Legends on the WWE network.

Tonight we went to WWE Live (a show that isn't televised) and they did a 10 bell for him. Yup, i cried. RIP
    I've been hearing from many people how much he loved talking to his fans.

His sincerity and love for the fans was completely genuine. He always made sure the fans got their moneys worth.

He let a friend of mine's son wear his WWE HOF ring in a picture with him.
    msdeb likes this.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information