Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Cara Delevingne: People don’t get my sarcastic, British sense of humour

Default Cara Delevingne: People don’t get my sarcastic, British sense of humour

Paper Towns’ Cara Delevingne, 22, is defending herself after a disastrous interview with morning show Good Day Sacramento on July 29 went viral. The awkward appearance painted Cara in a difficult light when the anchors pelted her with condescending questions — and didn’t seem to like her sarcastic answers! But she’s not taking it lying down; she tweeted to explain a little bit about her side of the story. Click through to see her response!
    Cara quickly took to Twitter on July 29 with a perfect explanation in hand: “Some people just don’t understand sarcasm or the British sense of humour,” she wrote. Shots fired! She actually has a good point there; Cara was being completely sarcastic when she responded to questions like: “Did you even read the book?” (ugh, so frustrating), with answers like ““No, I didn’t read the book or the script.”

It was pretty clear from Cara’s entire interview that she wasn’t being serious with her answers, but she was getting increasingly upset with the anchors, Kenneth Rudolph and Marianne McClary, acting like she was a bratty child. What was their deal? They started the interview by getting her name wrong (hey, Carla!), and ended it by cutting the segment short so she could “get a little nap, maybe get a Red Bull.” How rude!
    After Cara’s tweet, Kenneth and Marianne both sent tweets of their own — and they couldn’t be more different. Kenneth wrote: “Yeah, I could have asked a better question. That was my bad. LOL” Okay, he at least admitted he was wrong!
    Marianne — another story. She threw some shade at Cara, subtweeting: “Check out how a true class act deals with his jillionth interview: Sir Ian McKellan! « Good Day Sacramento Sir Ian McKellan « Good Day Sacramento

Cara Delevingne Morning Show Diss: ‘Paper Towns’ Star Defends Herself On Twitter - Hollywood Life

She seemed bitchy from the get go and flat out sick of giving interviews. OTOH, those hosts were asking dumbass questions and in the end, were flat out insulting her.
    arie_skop likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

The hosts were annoying but she was bitchy and arrogant right from the start. Of course they're going to ask stupid questions. What does she expect? She isn't Meryl Strep. She's in some shitty teen-book movie. Suck it up or get a real job.
    Last edited by ChemicalHelena; July 30th, 2015 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typo
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

those hosts come off as really annoying and douchey

I loved her bitchiness at the stupid questions
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

yeah i totally was not annoyed by her at all. she seemed almost confused by their almost instant reaction to her by being douchebags.
    tulip likes this.

Silver Member

Wow, those anchors are real assholes. She's pretty cute. She reminds me of Emma Watson.

I thought she handled herself pretty well.

Elite Member

Team Cara on this one. The anchors talked so much before asking a question, I thought it was confusing. I'm sure it was weird for her listening to the feed in her ear. If they wanted her to answer how excited she was to do the movie, as they indicated after the feed cut off, then they should have asked her a question that would have given them an answer like that. They were horrible interviewers.

Team Cara.
    I am pretty sure her behavior would have been completely different with polite and professional interviewers.
    Yeah, she's not Meryl Streep, but one shouldn't have to be an oscar winning veteran actress to be treated with respect.

Elite Member

Cara Delevingne And Celebrities Defend Her Awkward Interview

Celebrity News, Photos & Gossip | Wonderwall

GossipCop, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 11:00am (PDT) By Andrew Shuster

Cara Delevingne took to Twitter on Wednesday to defend her awkward interview the day before on “Good Day Sacramento.”

The anchors of the local CBS morning show attacked the supermodel on air, accusing her of being disinterested in promoting her own movie, Paper Towns.

But Delevingne maintains that she wasn’t “irritated,” as the hosts claimed, but was just trying to be funny and sarcastic.

During the interview, the hosts asked Delevingne if she had read the novel Paper Towns on which the movie is based. “No, I didn’t read the book or the script, actually… I kinda winged it,” the actress joked.

One of the hosts then accused Delevingne of not being as passionate about promoting the film as she had been during other interviews, but she denied that was the case.

The exchange only got more uncomfortable from there until one of the interviewers said, “You do seem a bit irritated, perhaps it’s just us.” Delevingne looked confused, and responded, “Yeah, I think it’s just you.”
    The interview then abruptly came to an end.

In defense of her disastrous television appearance, Delevingne tweeted, “Some people just don’t understand sarcasm or the British sense of humour.”

A number of celebrities came to the model’s defense, including Zach Braff, who wrote on Twitter, “Or how it’s condescending to ask an actress if she’s read the book.”

Boy George tweeted, “I do. ,” in response to people not understanding sarcasm.

“Game of Thrones” star Maisie Williams added, “Good for you @Caradelevingne. Ask a lazy question, get a lazy answer.”

My first time in London i walk down Victoria road to get to the Big Ben etc.Halfway i stop at a bench selling newspapers and ask the middle aged cockney how many kilometres from here to big ben.He looks at me and smiles.Its about 2 kilometres in YOUR language ,love!he says...Ah,nothing like the British Humor..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I find her a bit annoying but I'm on her side with this one.

She seems like a brat to me. Even her response was to their initial "good morning" greeting was bitchy. That is British humour how, exactly? Ok, so they got her name slightly wrong-- unprofessional, yes, but get over it, you're not a household name. She seemed intolerant of even being asked how she's doing.

As for the rest of it, people doing press junkets for movies get asked stupid questions all the time. They suck it up and answer like mature professionals. Being asked if they've read the book is pretty standard, no need to feel insulted. I had no problem with the 'nap and red bull' comment. She needs to get over herself.
    dowcat and Mivvi21 like this.

I can't get past her nostrils.
    Trixie likes this.

The interviewers were annoying but this is part of her job and she gets paid for it pretty well, so there is no reason for being a brat.
    ChemicalHelena and dowcat like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information