Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Ed Droste: Taylor Swift frightens me genuinely...has story to tell but "feels unsafe"

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Ed Droste: Taylor Swift frightens me genuinely...has story to tell but "feels unsafe"

Taylor Swift accused of being 'self-serving' by Grizzly Bear's Edward Droste | Daily Mail Online

More bad blood! Taylor Swift accused of being 'calculating, self-serving, and frightening' by Grizzly Bear's Edward Droste
    By Cassie Carpenter For Dailymail.com
    Published: 13:07 EST, 28 July 2015 | Updated: 14:34 EST, 28 July 2015

Grizzly Bear frontman Edward Droste publicly slammed pop diva Taylor Swift in a series of disparaging tweets on Sunday.

Earlier this year, the 36-year-old singer tweeted (then deleted) a blind item about meeting an 'insanely powerful' celebrity, who was 'mean, rude, and arrogant.'

On Sunday, the NYU grad confirmed the celeb was, in fact, 25-year-old Swift and he retweeted an article captioned: 'Obsessed that people are catching on.'

Haters gonna hate! Grizzly Bear frontman Edward Droste publicly slammed pop diva Taylor Swift in a series of disparaging tweets on Sunday (pictured February 7 and May 17)

According to Star Magazine, the seven-time Grammy winner 'had a dress code' for her famous gal pals 'to make sure she wasn't upstaged' at her June 27 concert in London.
    'Gigi [Hadid] was talking trash behind Taylor's back. She got Kendall [Jenner] and Cara [Delevingne] all riled up,' an insider told the mag.
    'Taylor is a control freak. She's going to end up with very few friends left if she doesn’t change her ways.'

Latest selfie: Earlier this year, the 36-year-old singer tweeted (then deleted) a blind item about meeting an 'insanely powerful' celebrity, who was 'mean, rude, and arrogant'

On Sunday, the NYU grad confirmed the celeb was, in fact, 25-year-old Swift and he retweeted an article captioned: 'Obsessed that people are catching on'

List of do's and dont's: According to Star Magazine, the seven-time Grammy winner 'had a dress code' for her famous gal pals 'to make sure she wasn't upstaged' at her June 27 concert in London

An insider told the mag: 'Gigi [Hadid] was talking trash behind Taylor's back. She got Kendall [Jenner] and Cara [Delevingne] all riled up. Taylor is a control freak. She's going to end up with very few friends'

When his fans questioned his outrage, Droste went on to say the 'calculating' Bad Blood hitmaker 'frightens me genuinely.'
    As for Swift's do-gooder persona, Edward scoffed: 'Her sending gifts to fans and you tubing in, so self serving #gross.'
    The Pennsylvania-born blonde's Swifties are already attacking the Massachusetts-born troubador, but he shrugged: 'I can't speak for those model girls but I believe every word [of Star's story].'

'I have a whole other story to tell': When his fans questioned his outrage, Droste went on to say the 'calculating' Bad Blood hitmaker 'frightens me genuinely'

Visiting cancer patients? As for Swift's do-gooder persona, Edward scoffed, 'Her sending gifts to fans and you tubing in, so self serving #gross'

The Pennsylvania-born blonde's Swifties are already attacking the Massachusetts-born troubador, but he shrugged: 'I can't speak for those model girls but I believe every word [of Star's story]'

Last week, the Shake It Off songstress apologised to rapper Nicki Minaj for 'misspeaking' and making her beef with the MTV VMAs about herself.
    'I wonder how many lawyers and publicists were involved in that apology #notbuyingit,' Droste tweeted at the time.
    'I finally feel comfortable expressing my distaste for the rudest, fakest person I've ever met #liberating.'

'That means so much Taylor, thank you!' Last week, the Shake It Off songstress apologised to rapper Nicki Minaj for 'misspeaking' and making her beef with the MTV VMAs about herself (pictured Friday)

Droste tweeted at the time: 'I wonder how many lawyers and publicists were involved in that apology #notbuyingit. I finally feel comfortable expressing my distaste for the rudest, fakest person I've ever met'

However, the Gun-Shy singer has nothing but love for Beyoncé - having attended the New Orleans nuptials of her sister Solange Knowles and husband Alan Ferguson last November.
    Instead of pop stars and supermodels, Edward's Instagram account showcases a far more humble lifestyle and his posse of pals enjoy electricity-free holidays on Cape Cod.
    Droste's Brooklyn-based indie rock band hasn't released new music since their fourth studio album Shields in 2012.

All hail Queen Bey! However, the Gun-Shy singer has nothing but love for Beyoncé - having attended the New Orleans nuptials of her sister Solange Knowles and husband Alan Ferguson last November

Compared to Taylor's Instagrams: Instead of pop stars and supermodels, Edward's Instagram account showcases a far more humble lifestyle and his posse of pals enjoy electricity-free holidays on Cape Cod

On hiatus: Droste's Brooklyn-based indie rock band hasn't released new music since their fourth studio album Shields in 2012 (pictured in 2013)

Solo projects: Grizzly Bear has no upcoming concerts, but Edward's bandmate Daniel Rossen will be performing a sold out gig August 26 at London's Union Chapel (pictured in 2013)

Grizzly Bear has no upcoming concerts, but Edward's bandmate Daniel Rossen will be performing a sold out gig August 26 at London's Union Chapel.
    Taylor will next take her massive 85-date, 1989 World Tour to Vancouver's BC Place Stadium this Saturday.
    DailyMail.com has reached out to Swift's rep for comment.

World domination: Taylor will next take her massive 85-date, 1989 World Tour to Vancouver's BC Place Stadium this Saturday (pictured last Saturday)

Taylor Swift accused of being 'self-serving' by Grizzly Bear's Edward Droste | Daily Mail Online

Meh, I'd expect this kind of behaviour from a pop tart who's at the zenith of her fame.
    rollo likes this.

Nicki wears the ugliest shit.

I think Taylor's stocking suspenders with those shorts in the last pic is a miss.
    Syd likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Meh. He wasn't afraid, just waiting for a bandwagon to jump on.
    rollo, holly and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Well, he's a gossipy little bitch, isn't he? Maybe he just wants Taylor to write a song about him.
    Bombshell, arie_skop, stef and 3 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I guess I'm a diva bitch, because if I was a pop star and invited a bunch of models onto the stage with me I'd give them guidelines on what to wear so they don't clash with me too.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

He sounds like a whiny little girl, but I totally, 100% believe him. I think she's a fake, annoying bitch. She's got that "Golly gee, you me little old me, shucks" attitude. She seems super passive aggressive, too.

I've been getting sinister bitch vibes from her for ages now...he might well be a whiny little bitch but that doesn't necessarily mean he's wrong about the Swiftster.
    ADel, Flygirl, arie_skop and 5 others like this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    He sounds like a whiny little girl, but I totally, 100% believe him. I think she's a fake, annoying bitch. She's got that "Golly gee, you me little old me, shucks" attitude.
    Yup, just like Jennifer Lawrence. I'm not buying it.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Elite Member

I'm expecting something terrible to happen to him now... Perhaps they'll find his corpse one day torn apart by kittens.
    Flygirl, dougie, Honey and 4 others like this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Everything about her is so double jointed and awkward looking, like she's never learned good posture. I can't explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well, he's a gossipy little bitch, isn't he? Maybe he just wants Taylor to write a song about him.
    And a pussy.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Who is he?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Even if he was Khal Drogo hot I now find him utterly unfuckable just for being frightened of Taylor Swift.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I love Grizzly Bear.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information