Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Donald Trumpís Lawyer Is a Marital Rape Truther

Default Donald Trumpís Lawyer Is a Marital Rape Truther

Donald Trump‚€™s Lawyer Is a Marital Rape Truther

A new article in the Daily Beast resurfaces a very old and very ugly allegation: seemingly impossible GOP frontrunner Donald Trump was once accused of angrily raping his former wife, Ivana Trump, during a bedroom dispute. But what’s almost as shocking as the early-90s rape claim is the Trump legal team 2015 response.

The rape allegation, Daily Beast reporter Tim Mak explains, comes from “The Lost Tycoon,” a controversial 1993 biography of Trump. In it, author Harry Hurt III quotes from a deposition taken from Ivana during the couple’s divorce proceedings:

After a painful scalp reduction surgery to remove a bald spot, Donald Trump confronted his then-wife, who had previously used the same plastic surgeon.

[...]
    What followed was a “violent assault,” according to Lost Tycoon. Donald held back Ivana’s arms and began to pull out fistfuls of hair from her scalp, as if to mirror the pain he felt from his own operation. He tore off her clothes and unzipped his pants.

“Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months. Ivana is terrified…It is a violent assault,” Hurt writes. “According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, ‘he raped me.’”

Ivana—and Donald Trump’s lawyers—later claimed that she had meant not literal rape, but some figurative form of emotional violation. Since then, Donald Trump has blossomed from an unlikeable real estate mogul into an unlikeable hocker of silk ties, reality programming, and political quasi-ideology, including a very spirited opposition to rape by Mexican immigrants.

When asked about Ivana’s decades-old deposition, the Daily Beast received this jarring response from Trump’s lawyer:

Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the front-runner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”

“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

This is of course, a complete garbage lie: of course you can rape your own wife, and the law reflects this, in New York and across the country. Cohen doesn’t seem to be disputing Ivana’s earlier claim of rape, but instead argues that such a thing isn’t even conceptually possible. The Beast’s reporter also received a slew of personal threats from Cohen, who says that when Ivana used the word rape, she meant only that “she didn’t feel emotionally satisfied” at the time:

“I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?”

“You write a story that has Mr. Trump’s name in it, with the word ‘rape,’ and I’m going to mess your life up…for as long as you’re on this frickin’ planet…you’re going to have judgments against you, so much money, you’ll never know how to get out from underneath it,” he added.

I’ve asked Cohen if he plans on following through with these threats of financial and personal destruction against a reporter for merely republishing some quotes from a 1993 book, and will update upon reply.
    Photo: AP
    dougie likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

This man wants us to fear and hate President Obama and he's a rapist himself?? What a sick person. Wow.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Michael Cohen is a special kind of attorney. I am so happy they published his threats and hope he is reported to the NY Bar. This is just one example of how Trump's team will handle diplomacy.
    Last edited by sluce; July 28th, 2015 at 10:25 AM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Can you imagine Trump in a roomful of diplomats? I'm sure telling everyone they are an idiot is going to go over big.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Yep. Did you all see his latest quip? "If Hilary can't satisfy her own husband, how will she be able to satisfy America?" Such an odious troll.
    snoopqueen, HWBL, BITTER and 4 others like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Yep. Did you all see his latest quip? "If Hilary can't satisfy her own husband, how will she be able to satisfy America?" Such an odious troll.
    He seriously said that? Fuck off Trump.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

czb

i think that donald should use that in his campaign slogan. that's all anyone needs to know about donald trump.
    KrisNine and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Sadly he is leading in the polls atm. Guess that tells us all we need to know about some folks.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

czb

really? am surprised anyone listens to that blowhard. *runs off to read about the polls*

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Michael Cohen is a special kind of attorney. I am so happy they published his threats and hope he is reported to the NY Bar. This is just one example of how Trump's team will handle diplomacy.
    ...and that is what is so scary

I thought someone else tweeted that and the asshole Donald retweeted it?

My nephew is married to a girl who is nice, but is VERY anti-choice and pro-Trump. My daughter shows me what the girl posts on facebook. So far she has not tried to push any of her points at family events, but I still think much less of her.
    KrisNine likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I blame all of this on George Bush Jr. Seriously, I do. George started the dumbing down of the American president. When he was running, and while serving after election, the office moved from being regarded as an intellectually challenging position to one most people now know as the "would I have a beer with this person" position. I don't want to have a beer with the president. I want the president to be fucking intelligent and socially savvy enough to be diplomatic and empowering and encouraging while motivating me and the rest of the country to want to be better than we are. I don't want the guy next door, with his low brow humor and white tank top with BBQ stains, being president. This used to be an office of prestige...now it's a dirty, reality show for people who want to believe they themselves are special enough to be president...when we all know they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Sadly he is leading in the polls atm. Guess that tells us all we need to know about some folks.
    Yep, last time I checked he was the #1 Repug candidate, 3% lead over the next guy, Bush.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    I blame all of this on George Bush Jr. Seriously, I do. George started the dumbing down of the American president. When he was running, and while serving after election, the office moved from being regarded as an intellectually challenging position to one most people now know as the "would I have a beer with this person" position. I don't want to have a beer with the president. I want the president to be fucking intelligent and socially savvy enough to be diplomatic and empowering and encouraging while motivating me and the rest of the country to want to be better than we are. I don't want the guy next door, with his low brow humor and white tank top with BBQ stains, being president. This used to be an office of prestige...now it's a dirty, reality show for people who want to believe they themselves are special enough to be president...when we all know they are not.
    Strategery.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    really? am surprised anyone listens to that blowhard. *runs off to read about the polls*
    Some have tried to suggest that he's hit a nerve with people precisely because many citizens are tired of political correctness and business as usual in politics, and want someone who blurts out so-called "truth", instead of spewing typically deceitful political doublespeak. Granted Trump is certainly transparent, but....I still think the above opinion is gilding a turdly situation.

What's scary is that it seems as if a lot of Americans these days just like blowhards and obnoxious loudmouths. We once elected a guy basically because he'd been a likeable actor and he played the game adequately on his way up. But that was nothing compared to this. Trump is a nightmare Reagan, without even the appearance of a nice guy, and the worst is yet to be revealed. And he has that same freaky teflon quality. He keeps saying worse and worse crap and people are still inexplicably enthused about him.

Oh well, we know this is a country which digs watching the Kartrashians and the shrieking, drug-addled housewives and pedophilic rednecks abusing their fat pageant children and the fucking DUGGARS. Aren't we already lost down the rabbit hole?

I'm not upset, though. I love it that Trump is charming Republican voters, and in fact a lot of it is pretty hysterical--from a properly dystopian worldview, anyway.

Fundamentally (I meant to do that), there is no way he can defeat Hillary. I doubt Bush or any of the other right-wingers can either, but really, I feel like Trump is effectively guaranteeing her win. Plus sideshow. Plus, after next fall, 4-8 years of epic butthurt from all these losers. What the hell, let's make some popcorn.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information