Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By lucianodel
  • 4 Post By Beeyotch
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By Ravenna
  • 1 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 2 Post By Novice
  • 1 Post By Ravenna

Thread: John Sundahl, Britney Spears' ex-boyfriend shot down during a flight from Kabul

Default John Sundahl, Britney Spears' ex-boyfriend shot down during a flight from Kabul

Britney Spears' ex-boyfriend killed by Taliban fighters in Afghanistan: report

John Sundahl, 44, was shot down during a flight from Kabul, where he’d been working as a private contractor transporting officials across the war-torn nation, according to the Daily Mirror.

BY Rich Schapiro

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 1:51 AM
    Updated: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 1:52 AM
    A helicopter pilot and Britney Spears ex-boyfriend — who helped the pop princess quit booze — has been killed by Taliban fighters in Afghanistan.
    John Sundahl, 44, was shot down during a flight from Kabul, where he’d been working as a private contractor transporting officials across the war-torn nation, according to the Daily Mirror.
    “She is devastated,” a source close to Spears told the UK paper. “Britney thought he was a lovely man.”
    A former real estate whiz, Sundahl dated Spears, 33, in 2007 after they met at Alcoholics Anonymous in Los Angeles. He spoke openly about her alcohol abuse.

“I told her, ‘If you fall off the wagon I don’t think you’ll live,’” Sundahl told the National Enquirer in 2007. I told her, ‘If you don’t want to get sober for yourself, do it for your kids.’”
    Spears publicly credited him with helping her overcome her drinking problems.
    From his LA home, Sundahl’s brother Karl said officials told the family the Taliban was responsible for the brave pilot’s death.
    “It’s heartbreaking,” Karl Sundahl said. “John went there to try to repair the country. He was trying to help people, he would often say that the country was in chaos.”

Sundahl’s body was returned to the U.S. last week. A small family funeral was held at a Buddhist temple in Los Angeles, according to The Mirror.
    “We had a really small funeral,” his brother said. “It was what John would have wanted.”

Britney Spears' ex killed by Taliban in Afghanistan: report - NY Daily News
    Free Charmed.

RIP. That's very sad.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Indeed. A tragic death.

sputnik and twitchy2.0 like this.

How horrible. May he RIP.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I have no memory of this guy but he sounded like he was a decent man. RIP.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I may be wrong, but didn't something tragic happen to another one of her ex boyfriend's?

I don't remember this guy being her boyfriend at all. Must have been a weekend during her pink-wig days when I wasn't paying attention.
    Annika, czb, spinmonkey and 1 others like this.

Dating her is tragic.
    Novice likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    I may be wrong, but didn't something tragic happen to another one of her ex boyfriend's?
    I experienced a sense of Deja Vu also. I checked the link and this article is from January. I can't find a previous thread for it here, though.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    Yes, he got fat.

Britney Spears’ Ex Responds To TMZ Calling Him Fat (Photo) | Allie is Wired
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Dating her is tragic.
    or deadly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I experienced a sense of Deja Vu also. I checked the link and this article is from January. I can't find a previous thread for it here, though.
    I saw it by chance, searched, saw it wasn't posted here & posted it. The celeb gossip section has been deader than a 5 week old kipper (& boring) so I thought that it wouldn't hurt.
    Ravenna and twitchy2.0 like this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I saw it by chance, searched, saw it wasn't posted here & posted it. The celeb gossip section has been deader than a 5 week old kipper (& boring) so I thought that it wouldn't hurt.
    You're right about that! Sorry if it seemed like I was criticizing. I just meant to help someone who seemed confused.

I appreciate people starting threads and posting articles. I've tried it a few times myself lately and it can be a lot of work fixing the formatting and cleaning up html tags and whatnot, so that it looks nice. I'm happy to see people making the effort.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Thread Information