Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Twitter Feud between Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift & Katy Perry

Default Twitter Feud between Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift & Katy Perry

Nicki Minaj Had Some Shit To Say On Twitter About The MTV VMAs And Taylor Swift Piped In, Of Course
    July 21, 2015 / Posted by: Michael K

Someone has to take the nominations for the MTV VMAs seriously and I guess Nicki Minaj is that someone. The MTV VMA nominations were announced today and even though “Anaconda” got two nominations, Nicki is pissed that it didn’t get a nomination for Video of the Year. She’s also wondering why “Feeling Myself got a total of zero nominations. Nicki had a lot of thoughts about her getting snubbed by MTV. It’s just the VMAs! This is like an actor complaining about not getting a People’s Choice Award nomination. (Anne Hathaway would totally do that.)
    Nicki believes that “Anaconda” was snubbed in the Video of the Year category, because she thinks that you couldn’t open your eyes without seeing her Jell-O jiggle ass in that video. Nicki thinks it’s a cultural phenomenon and deserves a VOTY nomination more than some of the other videos nominated. Nicki is sick of black women giving so much to pop culture and not getting the awards they deserve. Nicki said that if “Anaconda” was filled with skinny bodies, then it probably would’ve gotten a nomination. And that was Taylor Swift’s cue to pop in, because she felt like Nicki was talking about the supermodel flip book known as the Bad Blood” video, which was nominated for Video of the Year. Tay Tay truly has a gift for making everything about her. The tweets are after the jump and a little warning, there’s also an appearance by Kim Kartrashian:

Hey guys @MTV thank you for my nominations.  Did Feeling Myself miss the deadline or…?
    — NICKI MINAJ (@NICKIMINAJ) July 21, 2015
    If I was a different "kind" of artist, Anaconda would be nominated for best choreo and vid of the year as well. 
    U couldn't go on social media w/o seeing ppl doing the cover art, choreo, outfits for Halloween…an impact like that & no VOTY nomination?
    When the "other" girls drop a video that breaks records and impacts culture they get that nomination. 
    If your video celebrates women with very slim bodies, you will be nominated for vid of the year 
    @NICKIMINAJ I've done nothing but love & support you. It's unlike you to pit women against each other. Maybe one of the men took your slot..
    — Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) July 21, 2015

Tay Tay does have a point. Nicki needs to stop pitting women against each other, because Tay Tay already owns that game (see: Bad Blood). Get yourself another gimmick, Nicki. That one belongs to Taylor. Nicki went on:

Huh? U must not be reading my tweets. Didn't say a word about u. I love u just as much. But u should speak on this. @taylorswift13
    I'm so glad u guys get to see how this stuff works. Taylor took her music off spotify and was applauded. We launched Tidal & were dragged.
    I'm not always confident. Just tired. Black women influence pop culture so much but are rarely rewarded for it. https://t.co/2xOvJzBXJX
    @NICKIMINAJ If I win, please come up with me!! You're invited to any stage I'm ever on.
    — Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) July 21, 2015

The last tweet is just….
    We all know how this is going to end. Nicki and Taylor’s “feud” will be milked for weeks and it will lead to them opening the VMAs with a mash-up of “Anaconda” and “Bad Blood” called “Anaconda Blood.” You can accuse MTV of all sorts of shit (see: not showing music videos anymore, unleashing <.b>Backdoor Farrah on the world, canceling “Just Say Julie,” etc…), but you can’t accuse them of knowing how to put together a real STUNT QUEEN stunt.
    Also, in the middle of all of that Kim Kartrashian screamed, “But wait, I want attention too,” by tweeting (and later deleting) this:

Pic: Getty
    Tags: MESS, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift
    Dlisted | Nicki Minaj Had Some Shit To Say On Twitter About The MTV VMAs And Taylor Swift Piped In, Of Course

Nicki Minaj’s Piece Decided To Spill Some Shit On Twitter Last Night Too
    July 22, 2015 / Posted by: Michael K

Meek Mill, which sounds like the name of a village in the Harry Potter world, wasn’t going to let Nicki Minaj get all the attention on Twitter last night. While Nicki Minaj took the Twitter mainstage, her on-and-off-again fiancé took the stage in the parking lot. Meek started off by saying that Nicki’s ex Safaree Samuel must be gay because he twerks and didn’t care when she gave Drake a lap dance. In Meek Mill’s mind, twerking + not losing it when Nicki gave a dude a lap dance in a video = DICK GOBBLER! Side note: Every time I see the name “Safaree,” my brain can’t help but burp up the image of Saaphyri “Lip Chap” Windsor from Flavor of Love and Charm School:

Meek moved on from talking about the places Safaree’s booty hole has visited and went after Canadian prince Wheelchair Jimmy. Meek’s new album “Dreams Worth More Than Money” debuted at #1 in the US with nearly 215,000 copies (not including streams) sold, but he’s mad that some tricks are saying that it’s only a hit because he’s going to Mr. Nicki Minaj. Meek then aimed his hate at Drake. Drake has supported Meek for a while and they collaborated together on a track called “R.I.C.O.” for his album. Meek is sick of being compared to Drake and is pissed that Drake didn’t promote the track or album. Here’s just a little piece of Meek’s feelings (click here to read the rest):

And it's get it clear Nicki or nobody not responsible for my success…I been had the culture with me..Don't ever get that confused!!!
    — Meek Mill (@MeekMill) July 22, 2015
    Stop comparing drake to me too…. He don't write his own raps! That's why he ain't tweet my album because we found out! 
    He ain't even write that verse on my album and if I woulda knew I woulda took it off my album….. I don't trick my fans! Lol

First of all, Meek’s album title is a lie. Dreams are not worth more than money. I can’t pay for a bottle of wine at Smart + Final by telling the cashier a dream I had about blowing Prince Hot Ginge in a bunk bed at the Scientology Centre (I really had that beautiful dream). Second of all, Meek is so damn sensitive. So what if Drake didn’t stand on the corner holding a giant sandwich board with the words “Buy Meek’s Album” on it. Dude still sold over 200,000 copies in one week. Madonna would sell every single one of her children to get numbers like that today.
    And now that he called out Wheelchair Jimmy, Meek Mill can blow a goodbye kiss to topping the Canadian Music Charts again. Toronto Councillor Norm Kelly has banned him from the city.

You're no longer welcome in Toronto, @MeekMill.
    — Norm Kelly (@norm) July 22, 2015

You’ve pissed Norm Kelly off, Meek. You’ve really done it now.

Tags: Boo Hoo Bitch, Meek Mill, Nicki Minaj
    Dlisted | Nicki Minaj’s Piece Decided To Spill Some Shit On Twitter Last Night Too

Enter: Katy Perry
    July 22, 2015 / Posted by: Michael K

What is everyone looking at? Why isn’t everyone paying attention to me?” – Taylor Swift, as always
    In case you haven’t been following the most important news of the year, if not century, Nicki Minaj tweeted out a bunch of words on Twitter last night about “Anaconda” getting snubbed (reminder: all of this drama over the fucking VMAs), body image and racism in the music industry. At one point, the human Nermal, Taylor Swift, thought Nicki was talking about her and injected herself into it. Taylor thought it was very unlike Nicki to pit women against women. A field of side-eyes hit Taylor over that tweet since “Bad Blood” is obviously about how she hates Katy Perry, because Katy Perry stole one of her dancers or something dumb like that. Well, Katy Perry decided to jump on in and give us the sequel to her “Regina George in sheep’s clothing tweet” by squirting out this tweet that nearly melted my brain:

Finding it ironic to parade the pit women against other women argument about as one unmeasurably capitalizes on the take down of a woman…
    — KATY PERRY (@katyperry) July 22, 2015
    I know this is rich coming from me, but WUT? Katy was also in a feud with punctuation and sense when she wrote that shit. What Katy Perry is trying to say is that Taylor is accusing someone of “pitting women against women” while she counts all the cash she made from a song that takes down another woman. I’m sure Tay Tay will subtweet a response as soon as she comes up with something other than, “Ewww, shut up, you have cankles.”
    But really, the only two things missing from this “feud” are Courtney Love and a flying compact. She’ll shut this shit down. Or make it worse. Either or.
    Pic: Getty
    Tags: Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift, Well Well Well
    Dlisted | Enter: Katy Perry

1.) kim's tweet was actually funny.
    2.) nicki's boyfriend is completely illiterate.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Are the VMA's even relevant still? Anyway Swift is annoying for commenting the way she did. Minaj is annoying for complaining about not getting more Nominations, also she just managed more publicity for the VMA's and if she's pissed at them that wouldn't be something she wants. Katy Perry? Now she actually only spoke up now to get some attention. Kim K only got dragged in because her stupid hubby's behaviour from 6 years ago has still not been not forgotten.
    arie_skop and Lalasnake like this.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

I don't get why Nicki is so vocal about not being nominated. Is MTV required to nominate her video just because alot of people watched it? And isn't it quite obnoxious to demand a nomination/be angry about not being nominated?
    Taylor seems to think that the world turns around her, she should have just stay out of it.

Taylor is just annoying! Why did she even comment, she honestly thinks the music industry is all about her and everyone loves her.

In this case, I'm with Katy Perry
    Brando likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    I don't get why Nicki is so vocal about not being nominated. Is MTV required to nominate her video just because alot of people watched it? And isn't it quite obnoxious to demand a nomination/be angry about not being nominated?
    Taylor seems to think that the world turns around her, she should have just stay out of it.
    last year she was vocal about Iggy lol Now it's MTV and Taylor's turn lol

Ugh, Taylor is annoying, especially the silly "When I'm on stage I'd gladly invite you up!" ... when Nicki's whole point is that they celebrate the sexualization of slim women rather than the sexualization of fuller women (when neither things are actually good). But it's kind of ridiculous that this is considered a "fued" now, when it's Nicki making a statement about the music industry, and Taylor making it personal and making the discussion about her, rather than about how black artists are more ignored in the industry.

I can't believe I've thought so much about it.

I'm Team Fuck Them All and Team STFU Katy Perry.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I feel Taylor should have stayed out of it even though Nicki was referring her video with all the thin models. Katy - wtf... LOL at everyone correcting her tweet so it makes some sense.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I'm Team Fuck Them All and Team STFU Katy Perry.
    Yeah, me too.

Although I have more hate for TS than the other two. I just can't stand the bitch.
    Alysheba, Brando and *DIVA! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I feel Taylor should have stayed out of it even though Nicki was referring her video with all the thin models. Katy - wtf... LOL at everyone correcting her tweet so it makes some sense.

I would have corrected 'unmeasurably' and then crossed it out because it doesn't make sense in this context. It's as though Katy Perry were trying to sound intelligent by using a twelve-letter adverb-- hilarious that she got it wrong when it isn't even a fancy word.
    sluce, lindsaywhit, rollo and 1 others like this.

nikki minaj should have gone after the industry to complain about racism and thin-ism, instead of going after taylor swift, who's not to blame for whatever perceived injustice minaj is pissed about. swift should have stayed silent even if minaj was clearly referring to her in her tweet. and katy perry needs to go back to school.
    sluce likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Gotta love seeing someone complain about body types. When in actuality, their body would look a lot different had they not gottin a boob job and butt implants.

Do Bart Baker's parodies ever win awards, because they are so well done. I could watch them all night.
    crayzeehappee likes this.

Taylor makes me want to punch kittens
    Brah, joebob and Alysheba like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Gotta love seeing someone complain about body types. When in actuality, their body would look a lot different had they not gottin a boob job and butt implants.
    That's the most ironic (and idiotic) thing about this situation.
    joebob likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information