Like Tree17Likes
  • 4 Post By Trixie
  • 5 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By HWBL
  • 1 Post By gas_chick
  • 3 Post By sputnik
  • 3 Post By Trixie

Thread: Investigative journalist Marti Rulli thinks Natalie Wood should be exhumed

Default Investigative journalist Marti Rulli thinks Natalie Wood should be exhumed

Dig Up Natalie Wood’s Body Now

-A +A
    Published on: June 24, 2015
    by DOUGLAS MONTERO AND MICHAEL GLYNN
    Photography by: Getty/Splash

Homicide detectives investigating the mysterious death of NATALIE WOOD 33 years ago should exhume the body to determine whether or not Robert Wagner killed her.

That’s the bombshell demand from the chief investigator on the cold case who claims to have unearthed new evidence suggesting the screen siren’s skull was brutally bashed in before she plunged to a watery death off Catalina Island in 1981.
    “I believe that Natalie suffered a skull injury that rendered her unconscious,” investigative journalist Marti Rulli told The National ENQUIRER in a world exclusive interview.

But in a shocking breach of medical protocol, Natalie’s brain and skull were not examined in the original autopsy that determined she “accidentally drowned,” The ENQUIRER has learned.
    “It’s an unconscionable oversight, as it may have established how Natalie was left unconscious before landing in the ocean!” Marti said. “If her body is exhumed, whether she suffered a skull injury could still be determined.”
    Natalie is buried at Westwood Village Memorial Park cemetery in Los Angeles, alongside a cavalcade of Hollywood’s biggest stars – including Marilyn Monroe, Dean Martin and Eva Gabor.
    Her coffin would include chilling clues that could establish what really happened aboard the “Splendour” as the couple entertained her “Brainstorm” co-star Christopher Walken, it’s believed.
    “It’s the only way to learn the truth about Natalie’s death,” a crime scene investigator told The ENQUIRER. “New forensic tests and techniques could help reveal how she was killed, or worse, who killed her.”
    “Splendour” Captain Dennis Davern first blew the whistle on the alleged cover-up, claiming Wagner flew into a jealous rage and beat Natalie that night.
    He and Marti co-authored the book, “Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour,” which was instrumental in police re-opening the case.
    Other investigators have corroborated the foul play theory: As The ENQUIRER first reported, journalist Kathleen Hewtson said she believed Wagner beat Natalie so savagely her earlobe was “torn off” before she was dumped in the ocean.
    According to Marti, that scenario matches with the Los Angeles medical examiner who, in 2013, questioned the original 1981 findings and changed Wood’s cause of death from “accidental drowning” to “drowning and other undetermined factors.”
    Coroner Lakshmanan Sathyavagiswaran’s report cited unexplained fresh bruising on the actress’ right forearm, left wrist and right knee, along with a scratch on her neck and a superficial scrape on her forehead.

Officials concluded the wounds open the possibility she was assaulted before drowning.
    What’s more, Natalie’s bladder contained several ounces of urine, “which scientifically proves she was not conscious in the ocean,” said Marti.
    In the wake of the new evidence, one of the nation’s top pathologists has called for a fresh examination of Natalie’s remains.
    “Having her body exhumed for a second autopsy can determine if anything was possibly missed,” Dr. William Manion, a forensic consultant, told The ENQUIRER.
    Adding to the mystery surrounding the condition of Natalie’s body, The ENQUIRER learned she was laid out in an open coffin, her body draped in a full-length fur coat to ensure her extensive bruises were not visible to mourners.
    A makeup artist on “Brainstorm” also tended to the actress’ battered face and neck, according to author Gavin Lambert’s book, “Natalie Wood: A Life.”
    At the funeral parlor, Natalie’s then 7-year-old daughter, Courtney, asked to have the coffin opened so she could take one last look at her mother.
    “RJ gave his permission and he and Courtney went and stood for a moment at the casket,” her sister Lana wrote in her book, “Natalie: A Memoir By Her Sister.”
    As The ENQUIRER has reported, Lana firmly believes Wagner has gotten away with murder.
    Likewise, Marti believes authorities have enough evidence to charge Wagner, 85. “With the extremely strong circumstantial and medical evidence that has piled up, Wagner’s celebrity should not factor into this,” she said.

“If it looks like a murder – and Natalie’s death certainly does – then it should be treated like a murder.”
    The man heading the revived probe, Los Angeles Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau Lt. John Corina, told The ENQUIRER he’s considered exhumation, pending further investigation.

Detectives recently flew Davern to Hawaii – where the “Splendour” is anchored – to re-enact Natalie’s terrifying final moments in a series of tests critical to whether Wagner will be charged.
    The officer also told The ENQUIRER that Wagner has been ducking the detectives for years – and the case remains active.
    Added Marti: “It’s time to let a jury decide. Arrest Robert Wagner!”

I'm not one of those who thinks this case shouldn't be reopened. I think it should!

However, I thought there was evidence that Natalie was shouting in the water and therefore not unconscious?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I'm not one of those who thinks this case shouldn't be reopened. I think it should!

However, I thought there was evidence that Natalie was shouting in the water and therefore not unconscious?
    Yeah, there were some parties going on, on shore and the few people who heard a woman screaming dismissed it as coming from one of those parties.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post

I'm not sure that its "closed" so much as "dormant"?
    The officer also told The ENQUIRER that Wagner has been ducking the detectives for years – and the case remains active.
    Maybe this will help them move it along?

These "re-investigations" seem to come up every few years and it never leads to anything. Absent a deathbed confession from RJ or Chris Walken, I don't see it going anywhere.

Don't drink and do downers on boats, kids.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

What's wood but doesn't float?

Natalie Wood!
    nwgirl, BITTER, czb and 2 others like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

EXCLUSIVE

Christopher Walken Betrays Robert Wagner! Inside His Interview With Cops

Actor reveals new details of Natalie Wood death night.

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 @ 7:04AM

Getty Images

Christopher Walken is finally telling what he knows about the death of Natalie Wood — and sources say Robert Wagner could soon be facing a jury!
    A law enforcement insider told RadarOnline.com that the 72-year-old Oscar winner met with detectives after the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Dept. reopened the case in 2011.
    According to the source, Walken told them Wagner, 86, flew into a jealous rage the night of Nov. 28, 1981 — the day 43-year-old Wood disappeared from the 60-foot yacht Splendor!

Walken who was starring in Brainstorm with Wood at the time of her death, told cops she and Wagner fought before her mysterious disappearance, according to the spy.
    The ruckus began when Wagner accused Wood and Walken of an affair. Walken said he left the cabin after Wagner smashed a bottle of wine on the table.
    “He was sticking to his same story he gave the first time he was questioned,” dished the spy. “‘I was asleep. I went to my room and went to sleep.'”

Wood’s lifeless body was found floating a mile from the Splendour near Catalina Island on Nov. 29. Authorities initially ruled the tragedy an accident, but in 2013 the coroner changed the cause of death from “accidental drowning” to “drowning and other undetermined factors.”
    Dennis Davern, the Splendour’s captain, also claimed Wood and Wagner argued the night before Wood died.
    Wood left the boat after the spat and stayed in a Catalina hotel on Nov. 27, said Davern, but returned to the Splendour the next day.

Later that evening, Wood and Wagner engaged in an alcohol-fueled argument during which Wagner “exploded,” he said.
    Davern also claimed Wagner smashed a bottle of wine on the table in front of Walken’s face and shouted, “What are you trying to do, seduce my wife?”
    Wood went to her cabin in disgust, and when Wagner later went down to check on her, she was gone, Davern said.
    He added that 15 minutes after the arguing stopped, he found Wagner “sweaty, flushed, anxious, nervous and disheveled.”

Others have testified that Wood wasn’t the object of Walken’s flirtations, but rather WAGNER ― and that Wood disappeared after catching them in the sack together!
    But a law enforcement insider said Walken adamantly refuted the claim when asked about the Wagner tryst. “In fact, it was the complete opposite,” the insider alleged. “We found they didn’t actually care for each other!”
    Natalie Wood Death — Christopher Walken Reveals Robert Wagner Motive | Radar OnlineI don't know why some of it's pink.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I'm not sure that this helps. It still looks like a cut throat defence.

Wagner is 86, perhaps Walken is talking because he knows more than we do. As in: that Wagner, aside from being old, is near death due to illness or something.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I refuse to believe Johnathan Hart murdered anyone. It is just as likely she was fucked up and fell over.
    Honeythorn likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Yeah, but they still could have noticed and gone to get her!

it was a boat full of drunk, volatile, pill-popping drama queens. there is no forensic evidence of anything so unless wagner suddenly changes his story and confesses, no one will ever know what happened. i doubt walken said much of anything new. the cops should just leave it at that. i don't really understand why this is such a big mystery and why there are so many conspiracy theories.
    Trixie, sluce and witchcurlgirl like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

“He was sticking to his same story he gave the first time he was questioned,” dished the spy. “‘I was asleep. I went to my room and went to sleep.'”
    yep, sounds like quite a BOMBSHELL. *rolleyes*

They were drunk, they were fighting, Natalie popped some valium and made a very very bad decision and now she's dead.
    sputnik, gas_chick and sluce like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information