Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Amanda Peterson 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Dies at 43

Default Amanda Peterson 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Dies at 43

Amanda Peterson Dies -- 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Dead at 43 | TMZ.com

Amanda Peterson

'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Dies at 43

Amanda Peterson -- star of the flick "Can't Buy Me Love" -- has died at her home in Greeley, Colorado ... TMZ has learned.

We spoke with Peterson's father who tells us ... the family hadn't heard from 43-year-old Amanda since July 3rd and became concerned. Her body was finally discovered in her home on July 5.

As for cause of death, Peterson's father tells us they don't know the official cause of death -- but notes, "She had some illness and a sleep apnea problem that may have contributed."

Peterson became a superstar playing Cindy Mancini opposite Patrick Dempsey in the 1987 romantic comedy ... but she left the entertainment industry altogether in 1994 and has been living in Colorado for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Bronze Member

Rip

Well, that sucks. I like that movie. It wasn't a John Hughes masterpiece, but it was decent enough to re-watch.

RIP, Amanda.
    KrisNine, gas_chick and Bombshell like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Too young. RIP.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Boy, do I remember this movie vividly. Dr. McDreamy (Dempsey) was still considered kind of a spaz of an actor and had all these quirky comic roles, including this one. Ultimately the movie had a really serious message about fitting in. And the immortal line: "You threw "sh*t at my house!!!"

RIP.
    Bombshell likes this.

Aww, this takes me back as a teen in the 80's. Can't Buy Me Love was one of my favorite movies.That lawn mower scene was classic. RIP Amanda!
    Rock the fuck on!

So young. May she RIP.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I loved this movie. I agree, it wasn't quite a John Hughes, but it was really cute. This is when I actually thought Patrick Dempsey was cute!

RIP, Amanda. Very sad.
    Laurent likes this.

Elite Member

That is the dopiest movie-- but I watch it when it's on.

This is so random and makes me sad. RIP

Sad....I loved this movie. I thought she played bitchy well and thought she would go on to bigger things
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

One of my favorite 80s movies! Sadly, I'm not too surprised by her death. I was just reading not too long ago about what a mess her life had become. Addicted to meth and looking really rough. So sad.

More sad news from Hollywood. RIP Amanda

Damn this is sad to read. Far too young. Loved that movie.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't want to speak ill of the dead, but stunning???

Amanda Peterson's last photo shoot: 'Can't Buy Me Love' star still stunning 8 years after leaving Hollywood

BY Ethan Sacks
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 11:25 AM

Amanda Peterson, then 40, poses in what is believed to have been her last photo shoot.

Eight years after retiring from Hollywood, Amanda Peterson still boasted the looks of a leading lady.
    Images of the late actress's final photo shoot emerged Tuesday — a collection of biker-chick chic shots taken in 2012 that includes Peterson astride a Harley Davidson motorcycle and cavorting with a snake —a day after the shocking news broke of her death.

Photographer Ryan Harstock, who took the photos, said the "natural beauty" had not planned on being photographed at the time.

The stunning pictures were snapped by photographer Ryan Harstock, who posted them on his Facebook page.
    "Once we convinced her to take a few she insisted two things, she gets to pick them and 'don't photoshop the hell out of me,'" Harstock wrote.

"So here she is in her natural beauty as per her request. She was a beautiful Lady inside and out and I'm honored to have known her over the past few years."

The natural beauty, who would have turned 44 Wednesday, had showed up only to help with makeup and hair for the event, but clearly knew her way on the set. She logged time on plenty of them since breaking through as a child actress in the 1982 movie musical "Annie."

Best known for her starring role in the 1987 high school romantic comedy "Can't Buy Me Love," Peterson left show business for good after 1994's "Windrunner" and returned to her hometown of Greeley, Colo.
    Peterson was found dead by local police summoned to her apartment Sunday evening after the mother two was reported to have missed an appointment, the Greeley Tribune reported.
    An autopsy was scheduled for Monday morning, but the former child star's mother told CNN that her daughter had died Friday.
    "It's a big loss," she told the news outlet. "She had some medical problems with her heart but we don't know the cause yet."

Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

She looks high as a kite to me in those photos. And she was never stunning, not even in her prime. Cute, yes, but not even above-average cute. Sorry.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information