Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 1 Post By HWBL

Thread: Jerry Weintraub Hollywood Mega Producer Dies at 77

Default Jerry Weintraub Hollywood Mega Producer Dies at 77

Jerry Weintraub Dead -- Hollywood Mega Producer Dies at 77 | TMZ.com

Jerry Weintraub

Hollywood Mega Producer Dies at 77

Jerry Weintraub ... the producer behind the "Ocean's 11" remakes, Frank Sinatra, and Elvis Presley died today at the age of 77 ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Weintraub's been in failing health recently, and had been at his Palm Springs home with family.

Weintraub's been a giant in music and movies for decades -- producing, promoting, and managing for everyone from Sinatra to Led Zeppelin ... to Bob Dylan, Elvis and John Denver.

In addition to the 'Ocean's' movies, starring Brad Pitt and George Clooney -- Weintraub produced all the "Karate Kid" flicks. He was currently working on the new "Tarzan" movie, due out next year.

Jerry won 3 Emmy awards during his career, dating back to 1975. His most recent one was for producing "Behind the Candelabra" with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon.

It's unclear, at this point, where he was at the time of his death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Aw! I saw a documentary on him a couple of years ago and he was hilarious!
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Wow I didn't know he was sick, 77 is kinda young for such a big mover and shaker like he was. I wonder what happened. RIP Jerry.

Jerry Weintraub -- Bowel Rupture Triggered Two Heart Attacks | TMZ.com

Jerry Weintraub died after a 30-hour hospital stay that ended with a bowel rupture that triggered 2 heart attacks ... family sources tell TMZ.

We're told Weintraub was staying at the Biltmore Hotel in Montecito over the weekend. He attended a 4th of July bbq Saturday night, and began feeling ill shortly thereafter. He thought he had contracted food poisoning, but things got worse as the evening progressed ... and at 3 AM Sunday his partner, Susie, called 911.

Our sources say doctors quickly determined Weintraub had a bowel obstruction. Weintraub got a CT scan shortly after he was admitted, but we're told doctors determined there was nothing alarming.

Weintraub laid in the hospital bed for 30 hours, but we're told doctors were still not able to identify the problem. Weintraub -- who hated hospitals after nearly dying 6 years ago from an infection after back surgery -- insisted at around 4 AM Monday that he be discharged. We're told the staff told him he could not be discharged and continued to monitor him.

Just after 6 AM Monday Weintraub had a heart attack, and a 2nd CT scan revealed he had suffered a bowel rupture. Doctors don't know when the rupture occurred, but it sent poison throughout his body. Weintraub was taken to ICU, where he suffered a 2nd heart attack, 2 hours after the first.

We're told prior to the initial heart attack, Weintraub was not only conscious ... but joking with people in the room.

As we reported, Weintraub died at the hospital at 12:45 PM Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    Jerry Weintraub -- Bowel Rupture Triggered Two Heart Attacks | TMZ.com

Jerry Weintraub died after a 30-hour hospital stay that ended with a bowel rupture that triggered 2 heart attacks ... family sources tell TMZ.

We're told Weintraub was staying at the Biltmore Hotel in Montecito over the weekend. He attended a 4th of July bbq Saturday night, and began feeling ill shortly thereafter. He thought he had contracted food poisoning, but things got worse as the evening progressed ... and at 3 AM Sunday his partner, Susie, called 911.

Our sources say doctors quickly determined Weintraub had a bowel obstruction. Weintraub got a CT scan shortly after he was admitted, but we're told doctors determined there was nothing alarming.

Weintraub laid in the hospital bed for 30 hours, but we're told doctors were still not able to identify the problem. Weintraub -- who hated hospitals after nearly dying 6 years ago from an infection after back surgery -- insisted at around 4 AM Monday that he be discharged. We're told the staff told him he could not be discharged and continued to monitor him.

Just after 6 AM Monday Weintraub had a heart attack, and a 2nd CT scan revealed he had suffered a bowel rupture. Doctors don't know when the rupture occurred, but it sent poison throughout his body. Weintraub was taken to ICU, where he suffered a 2nd heart attack, 2 hours after the first.

We're told prior to the initial heart attack, Weintraub was not only conscious ... but joking with people in the room.

As we reported, Weintraub died at the hospital at 12:45 PM Monday.
    Wow, I was just going to write how he always had the best stories about working with Elvis when I read this: he died of the exact same thing as Elvis: obstructed intestines resulting in massive heart attack!!!!! The only difference is that E's obstruction was the result of years of prescription drug abuse and Weintraub's probably wasn't.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thread Information