Thread: "You're Fired!" - Donald Trump Dumped by NBCUniversal

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default "You're Fired!" - Donald Trump Dumped by NBCUniversal

NBC Cutting Ties to Donald Trump Over ‘Derogatory’ Comments | Variety

NBC Cutting Ties to Donald Trump Over ‘Derogatory’ Remarks About Immigrants

Steve Sands/Getty Images
    June 29, 2015 | 11:10AM PT Cynthia Littleton
    Managing Editor: Television @Variety_Cynthia

NBC is ending its long relationship with Donald Trump in the wake of the presidential hopeful’s recent comments about Mexican immigrants.

NBC said it will no longer carry the Trump-produced Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants. Nor will he return to the long-running reality show “The Celebrity Apprentice” as host, a role Trump already said he would give up because of his presidential bid.

“Due to the recent derogatory statements by Donald Trump regarding immigrants, NBCUniversal is ending its business relationship with Mr. Trump,” NBC said in a statement. “At NBC, respect and dignity for all people are cornerstones of our values.”

See More:
    For Donald Trump, Hogging the Media Spotlight Equals Victory

Trump told CNN that he was considering filing suit against NBC. He said in a statement that “NBC is weak, and like everybody else is trying to be politically correct” before saying that NBC will support disgraced journalist Brian Williams “but won’t stand behind people that tell it like it is, as unpleasant as that may be.”

“We must have strong borders and not let illegal immigrants enter the United States,” Trump said. “As has been stated continuously in the press, people are pouring across our borders unabated. Public reports routinely state great amounts of crime are being committed by illegal immigrants. This must be stopped and it must be stopped now. Long ago I told NBC that I would not being doing ‘The Apprentice’ because I am running for president in order to make our country great again.”

NBC’s move comes on the heels of a fight that broke out last week between Trump and Univision. The Spanish-language giant pulled the plug on its planned telecast of the Miss USA pageant after Trump’s statements earlier this month about Mexican immigrants. In the news conference announcing his bid for the GOP presidential nomination, Trump asserted that many immigrants coming across the border are “rapists” and bringing in drugs.

See More:
    Donald Trump-Univision Feud Escalates with Mutual Bans, Jorge Ramos Disclosure

The most recent edition of “Celebrity Apprentice” aired on NBC in January and February of this year. The show began in 2004 as “The Apprentice,” a competition for aspiring moguls to win a shot at working for a Trump company. It yielded the catchphrase “You’re fired” and blazed hot for several seasons. But as ratings tailed off, the format shifted to focus on celebrity contestants. The last non-celeb “Apprentice” aired in early 2008.

NBC’s ties to Trump became increasingly problematic for the network in the past few years as the real estate developer took extreme positions on political issues and as he flirted with running for elected office. The outcry over the comments about immigrants and his proposal to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border to tighten security appears to have been the last straw.

Trump’s troubles with NBC and Univision also leave the Miss USA franchise in the lurch as far as TV coverage for the July 12 event. The Miss USA/Miss Universe pageants are a joint venture of Trump and NBC, which makes it unclear if Trump has the flexibility to shop the rights to other TV outlets. Given the uproar over Trump’s comments, it’s likely to be a tough sell at most mainstream broadcast and cable networks.

Univision pacted for Miss Universe in February, cutting what was believed to be a five-year deal with the Miss Universe Organization for Spanish-lingo TV and digital rights to the pageant. The special aired in 2014 on NBCU’s own Telemundo.

NBC bought half of the Miss Universe/Miss USA franchise from Trump in 2002 and has telecast the pageant ever since.

NBC Cutting Ties to Donald Trump Over ‘Derogatory’ Comments | Variety
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

He's so far up his own ass that I finally understand why his "hair" looks the way it does.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

How is this boob going to handle the debates?

"Words have consequences"--Rachel Maddow
    lucy80 likes this.

Truthfully, I think it has more to do with the equal time law, where all political candidates have to be given the exact same "publicity" time. So if trump has The Apprentice, one hour show on NBC, how many other candidates can dictate they get a one hour show on NBC?

HWBL, idunno, holly and 15 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Truthfully, I think it has more to do with the equal time law, where all political candidates have to be given the exact same "publicity" time. So if trump has The Apprentice, one hour show on NBC, how many other candidates can dictate they get a one hour show on NBC?
    That was already being address as NBC said they would replace Trump as the host, and they are still proceeding with that plan. The big news is dropping the pageants. That is a result of his nasty comments. Comcast/NBC owns Telemundo so they could not let that stand.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Holy combover Batman!
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

What a dumbass.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I liked Celebrity Apprentice, but I'm alright with them cancelling it. He is totally off his rocker.

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

I love the Mexican people, but Mexico is not our friend. They're killing us at the border and they're killing us on jobs and trade. FIGHT!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...66741994954752

Reminder: Donald Trump Is a Tremendous Idiot

Madeleine DaviesFiled to: dummies
    6/29/15 7:00pm

In a recent interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, presidential hopeful Donald Trump totally showed his ass when asked for his stances on trade, gay marriage, global warning, and global politics.

First and foremost, though, let’s hear it for Tapper, who routinely calls out Trump’s hypocrisy and inaccuracy throughout the segment—like when Trump, who appears fairly desperate to appear neutral and reasonable, voices his doubts on climate change:

Trump: I’m a huge believer in clean air. I’m not a huge believer in the global warming phenomenon.
    Tapper: But the overwhelming majority of scientists say that it’s real and man-made and things are happening—
    Trump: Well, there could be some man-made, too. I’m not saying that there’s zero, but not nearly to the extent—when Obama stands up and says it’s the number one problem of our country—and if it is, then why is it that we have to...clean up our factories now and China doesn’t have to do it for another 30 years...

Or when they discuss immigration:
    Trump: I love the Mexican people. I do business with the Mexican people. But you have people coming through the border from all over and they’re bad. They’re really bad. I’ve spoken to border guards and I said, “How bad is it?” and they’ve said, “Mr. Trump, you have no idea how bad.” You have people coming in, and I’m not just saying Mexicans, I’m talking about people that are from all over who are killers and rapists and they’re coming into this country.
    Tapper: Let me talk to you about that for one second—that the government of Mexico called those comments prejudicial and absurd. And I think that what they’re objecting to is the idea that of the 11 million undocumented workers, illegal immigrants, whatever you want to call them in this country, that you’re painting them with a very broad brush—rapists, criminals, when that’s probably a very small percentage.
    Trump: Well, I don’t think it’s a small percentage. It’s a lot, but it’s not Mexicans necessarily. They’re coming from all over.
    Tapper: You talked about building a wall and having Mexico pay for it.
    Trump: Yeah.

Or ISIS:
    Tapper: Can we talk about ISIS for one second? You said you want to bomb the oil fields in Iraq to take on ISIS?
    Trump: Yeah, the only way we can beat them is that. You know why they’re rich? Because they have the oil. Now if you remember—
    Tapper: They have the oil in Syria, though.
    Trump: They have some oil in Iraq.
    Tapper: There’s a refinery they’re fighting with the Iraqis over.
    Trump: “Fighting with the Iraqis over.” They’re gonna get it! The Iraqis will throw up their arms, they’ll leave, it’s one of those—
    Tapper: I don’t think Iraq—the government of Iraq—would want us to bomb their oil fields.
    Trump: The government in Iraq? There is no government in Iraq.

How about their discussion on abortion:
    Tapper: I know you’re opposed to abortion.
    Trump: Right. I’m pro choice.
    Tapper: You’re pro choice or pro life?
    Trump: I’m pro life. I’m sorry.

And most satisfying of all, here’s Tapper calling Trump out on his view of traditional marriage:
    Tapper: Let’s talk about same sex marriage. You said a few years ago that you were evolving on that issue. Where are you?
    Trump: I’m traditional marriage. It is changing rapidly.
    Tapper: But what do you say to a lesbian who’s married, or a gay man who is married, who says, “Donald Trump, what’s traditional about being married three times?”
    Trump: They have a very good point, but I’ve been a very hard-working person, and I have a great marriage and a great wife now. My two wives were very good, but I was working—maybe like you—22 hours a day.
    Tapper: I’m not asking you to explain your divorces.
    Trump: I know—I blame myself. My business was just so powerful to me, and I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
    Tapper: But what would you say to a lesbian or a gay man who’s married?
    Trump: I wouldn’t say anything. I’m just for traditional marriage.

Give him enough rope to hang himself with, as they say.

Contact the author at madeleine@jezebel.com.
    Video via CNN.

Reminder: Donald Trump Is a Tremendous Idiot
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Macy's has dropped Trump now too.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm glad he's getting negative blowback.
    Lily Bleu likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Macy's is dropping his tie line.

Should have kept that big mouth shut.....
    Lily Bleu likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information