Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Kate Hudson and brother Oliver are 'dead' to their father Bill Hudson

Default Kate Hudson and brother Oliver are 'dead' to their father Bill Hudson

Kate Hudson and brother Oliver are 'dead' to their father Bill Hudson - 3am & Mirror Online

Can someone embed this story for me? My internet is giving me challenges today.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Elite Member

Kate Hudson and brother Oliver are 'dead' to their father Bill Hudson

• 13:53, 28 JUNE 2015
    • BY NIAMH SPENCE

Following Oliver's Instagram post on Father's Day, the acting duo's father has spoken out and cut all ties with Kate and her brother

• 398 Shares
    • Tweet
    • +1
    • Pinterest

Rex;Barcroft Media

Kate Hudson's father Bill has disowned the actress and her older brotherKate and Oliver Hudson are considered "dead" to their father Bill Hudson, following an Instagram snap posted on Father's Day.
    The 65-year-old actor, who has three other children, has requested Kate and Oliver to stop using the surname Hudson, as he doesn't consider them to be his after their hurtful posts on Twitter on Father's Day.
    Bill fathered Kate, 36, and Oliver,38, with actress Goldie Hawn.
    At the time, along with a picture of Bill with the two siblings as young children, Oliver posted to his sister: "Happy abandonment day..."
    He then went on to upload a snap with stepfather Kurt Russell titling the picture: "Happy Father's Day Pa"
    Bill has now said: "I say to them now, 'I set you free'. I had five birth children but I now consider myself a father of three. I no longer recognise Oliver and Kate as my own.
    "I would ask them to stop using the Hudson name. They are no longer a part of my life.
    "Oliver's Instagram post was a malicious, vicious, premeditated attack. He is dead to me now. As is Kate. I am mourning their loss even though they are still walking this earth."
    Barcroft Media
    Bill Hudson has declared his eldest two children as "dead" to himBill went on to insist that he and Goldie didn't part on bad terms in 1980, after being married for four years, and it was only after she got together with Kurt Russell in 1983 that things turned sour.
    Speaking to the Mail on Sunday newspaper, Bill said: "When we split up, she never had a bad word to say about me. But when Kurt came on the scene, the narrative changed and I became the big, bad wolf.
    Rex

Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn at the Glamour Magazine Woman of the Year Awards 2015"I would say to her, 'Goldie, why are you trashing me and saying I'm an absent father when it's simply not the case?' and she'd laugh and go 'Oh Bill, you know it makes for a better story'."

Last edited by twitchy2.0; June 28th, 2015 at 09:18 PM.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

How tragic.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Elite Member

"They are dead to me now." Who uses language like that in this day and age?

Elite Member

I do, on occasion, though mostly ironically.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Ok who knows the backstory here? All I could find was the typical he said, they said.

I have some obvious bias here, but if it's true that he forgot about them and didn't call his kids on their birthdays then I'm inclined to think he's the asshole and the kids' abandonment issues have merit.
    This was from a 2000 abcnews entertainment story: Kate Hudson's Dad Fires Back - ABC News

Kate Hudson's Dad Fires Back

October 12

A somewhat dormant feud between Kate Hudson and her father, Bill Hudson, has been fueled by the Almost Famous star's recent comments.
    Hudson, the daughter of Goldie Hawn and her ex-husband, Bill, raged about her pop's lack of nurturing in Vanity Fair's recent cover story. Now her dad tells the New York Daily News that he's had it with her exaggerated comments.
    "It's infuriating," Bill huffed. "I'm so upset. I'm not going to take this on the chin from my daughter anymore."
    Kate, a pretty 21-year-old with her mom's smile, is a rising star. When she was interviewed for the Vanity Fair cover, she told a reporter that her father "doesn't know me from a hole in the wall. But I don't care. I have a dad [Hawn's longtime companion, Kurt Russell]. The bottom line is, you call your kids on their f--king birthday. I'm glad I had a dad who was there on my birthday."
    Bill says he was there for his kids and accuses Kate of trying to beef up her story for the press. "Kate is very talented and sweet and I love her dearly," he told the Daily News. "She's had a life of privilege from both parents. And the only thing that she really has to talk about is emotional devastation; that she's exaggerating."
    After the Vanity Fair interview took place, Kate and Bill patched things up on the phone. She seemed elated, telling VF, "He said some things I've needed to hear for a really long time." But then, in a new interview with McCall's magazine, she took another shot at Bill.
    "Kurt is my dad," Kate explained. "Kurt is a savior who came into my life. [Bill] was sort of in and out of our lives. I don't hate him for it. I guess what I feel is frustration and curiosity — like, what was it about me he didn't want to know?"

Bill is tired of the insults. "I have to stop the bleeding," he said. "Kate and Goldie are doing this for the press."

The backstory I remember from back then, but without insight. Goldie and Bill got divorced soon after Kate was born, so both kids were little. He married Cindy Williams (Shirley of Laverne and Shirley show) and they had two kids. Goldie met Kurt in the early 80's (just looked it up, it says 1983 - they came into a gourmet store I worked in, which I could swear was 1982, whatever). They must have moved in together pretty quickly and he became "Pa".

Thinking back to then and before, some divorced couples didn't really co-parent, especially if there was bad blood. Bill has sure held onto his bitterness. All he had to do was pick those kids up every weekend and be their father. He didn't even have to see Goldie during pick up and delivery.

Side bar - I'm sure I'm the only one here who watched The Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Show, it was a Saturday morning show with the same producers and writers as Sonny & Cher. It was for kiddies, but I was addicted and in love with Brett Hudson. Stoopid, goofy humor with music. If you ever saw it, make yourself known.
    spinmonkey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    Sicilians do ... LOL

Edited to add: just looked him up, his Mom came from Sicily. Do I know my people or what

Yes, Godfather.

Penny Marshall is not a Bill Hudson fan and blamed him for Cindy leaving the Laverne and Shirley show.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

i blame all of them for airing their dirty laundry.

except Kurt, because i heart him.
    idunno and ChemicalHelena like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Interesting from 1989

Cindy Williams and Bill Hudson Really Do Act Just Like Family : People.com

Cindy Williams and Bill Hudson Really Do Act Just Like Family

By Margot Dougherty, Suzanne Adelson

Facebook

Twitter

They have, at first glance, the kind of family life that Hollywood usually produces only in the most saccharine situation comedies. Racing around her country kitchen in Malibu, Calif., Cindy Williams fetches daughter Emily her orange juice, tends to son Zack's runny nose, brews her own coffee, then reminds husband Bill Hudson that it's time to pick up the take-out Chinese lunch. Indeed, the former Laverne & Shirley star and the eldest of the Hudson Brothers musical trio seem so taken with their roles as parents and spouses that they're repeating them at the office, playing a similarly loving couple in Just Like Family, a new Wednesday-night Disney Channel series.

But both the personal and televised relationships of Williams, 41, and Hudson, 39, are more complicated than they initially appear. In Just Like Family—a spin-off of their 1986 ABC-TV movie, Help Wanted: Kids—they're cast as Tom and Lisa Burke, a childless pair of over-achievers who, in order to give Tom the necessary family-man corporate image, recruit two neighborhood children to pose as their own. Offscreen, Cindy and Bill have no need to rent offspring; in addition to Emily, 6, and Zack, 3, their splintered and scattered family includes Oliver, 12, and Kate, 10, Bill's children by first wife Goldie Hawn. "When Oliver and Kate are with us," says Williams, "it's like all the kids are brothers and sisters."

Such interfamilial "quality time," however, comes all too infrequently for Hudson, whose alternate-weekend visiting rights are applicable only when the children are in L.A. "When they're in town, we have them as often as we can," he says, "but Goldie travels a lot. She's a megastar; she flies around the world. That's fine, but my kids are in this whirlwind with her, and it's hard for Cindy and me to plan anything for all of us together as a family." Even when Hawn isn't traveling, Hudson's visiting rights are often brushed aside because Goldie has Kate and Oliver in Aspen, where she sometimes lives with boyfriend Kurt Russell and their son, Wyatt, 2. I don't want to do battle with Goldie over the kids," says Hudson, who has seen Oliver and Kate a dozen times since January. "But I don't want to chase them all over the country. I've asked her to let me have them on a regular basis, and she tells me she'll think about it." (A spokeswoman for Hawn said that the star didn't want to discuss publicly her "children's problems with their father.")

While lawyers try to hammer out a revised agreement, guaranteeing Hudson specific time with his children no matter where they are, Bill and Cindy must rely on their own counsel to handle the poignant repercussions of the present arrangement. "The last time we went to get the kids, Goldie and Kurt were gone," recalls Williams. "When we left with Oliver and Kate, Wyatt, whom we all love, wanted to come with us. But we had to leave him behind with his nanny. Everyone felt terrible." Equally upsetting was the time Oliver, then 6, first saw his newborn half sister, Emily. "He asked if his mom [Goldie] could come see the baby,' " says Williams, "It broke my heart."

Cindy's appreciation of the vicissitudes of motherhood was late in coming. When she first dated Bill in 1981, she was as single-minded as her TV alter ego, Shirley Feeney. "It was a test by fire—instant family," she admits. "But it's great now. I love these little people." And, stresses Bill, "Cindy knows how to balance her family and her work. I never had that in my marriage with Goldie—no matter how she came on after our divorce as this abandoned little creature who was taken advantage of by men."

At the beginning of his 1976 marriage to Hawn, Hudson's career looked promising. Along with younger brothers Brett and Mark, he had a string of popular records and a prime-time musical comedy program, The Hudson Brothers Show. Goldie, on the other hand, was eight months pregnant and, despite fame as Laugh-Ins nincompoop nonpareil and an Oscar for 1969's Cactus Flower, her career was progressing erratically. She was determined to return to the spotlight. "Goldie was on the comeback road and didn't want to fail," says Hudson, who often cared for their children when Hawn was on location. "Her priorities shifted when she started filming Foul Play, and our kids were sort of left as No. 2 priority. I couldn't believe I was seeing that." He moved out in 1980.

Several months later, Hudson, whose pre-Hawn dates included Jill St. John, Ali MacGraw and Loretta Swit, spied Williams cheering at a celebrity baseball game. Cindy gave him the thumbs down. "I thought he was a playboy," she says. But when he sent her a book, Martha Lear's Heart sounds, for Christmas, she relented and invited him for dinner. "Holy catfish!" she remembers thinking when he showed up. "He looks like a Greek god." Two months later she was pregnant, and in another two months, after Hudson got his divorce from Goldie, they married. Hawn, who once chalked up her two divorces to 'my success" and "sudden wealth," seemed delighted by Hudson's remarriage, "I'm mad about Cindy," she said in 1986. "She's great. The kids love her. She's always buying Oliver shoes or Kate dresses or picking up medicine for them."

After seven years of marriage, Bill and Cindy apply similarly gushy descriptions to each other. "He's a Renaissance man," says Cindy. "She cares more about other people than she does about herself," says Bill. There are, thankfully, some signs of mortal discord. They fight, for example, about money. "I know what we can and can't afford," says Hudson, the comptroller. "And when we can't, I don't want to hear about it," counters Williams.

Such feistiness rolls over to Disney's Stage 4, where the couple report for Just Like Family. "Sometimes I say something to Cindy like, 'Why don't you do it this way?' " admits Hudson. "He says it," interjects Williams, "like a husband. So I turn around and snarl at him."

For the most part, Williams likes working with her mate "more than I don't like it. But sometimes I just want to get him out of here and be alone for a minute! When we drive into the driveway, we change gears; now we're a real mom and dad." And occasionally that's easier for Bill. "I don't always have the patience you need to be a parent," says Williams, who blames her short fuse on growing up with her alcoholic father's explosive temper. "Sometimes I'll say to Bill, 'You'd better handle this because I'm about off the Richter scale.' " Hudson has been playing daddy as far back as the age of 5, when his parents divorced and his mother went to work on an assembly line in Portland, Ore. "I was a father to my brothers," says Hudson.

Like Hudson's first wife, Williams is diligent about her career and admired for her work—Family director Jim Drake, who has overseen episodes of Newhart and The Golden Girls, calls her "one of the top comediennes I've worked with." But, says Bill, "unlike Goldie, Cindy doesn't have to be 'on' all the time. Goldie perceives herself as Goldie Hawn, the Star. Cindy does not see herself as a star. She's an actress."

Despite their inextricably entwined schedules, the couple manage solo pursuits. Cindy is active in a number of humanitarian causes. And Bill, who has campaigned for the Democratic Party since he was 18, is considering a run as a Democratic congressional candidate in 1992.

As a Congressman, Hudson would like to improve the lot of the "global family." As a father, he's worried about more immediate relations. "Look at our situation," he says. "Here are Oliver and Kate who belong to Goldie and me. Here are Emily and Zack, who belong to Cindy and me. Goldie and Kurt have Wyatt. And then Kurt has Boston [his son with ex-wife Season Hubley]. I just wonder what's going to happen down the line. How are we going to arrange birthday parties and going back and forth? That's a real sitcom plot." He may need some clever scripting to keep the audience—and players—laughing.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I think Goldie actively interferred with his visitation and probably did some parental alienation. He seems like he tried but not for too long.
    Kittylady likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I get the same feeling.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    I guess you don't watch 'Shark Tank', lol... Kevin O'Leary says it all the time.
    tulip, holly and Lily Bleu like this.
    Go Habs Go!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information