Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Rod Stewart kept out of kitchen because cooking dinner would "take his masculinity"

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Rod Stewart kept out of kitchen because cooking dinner would "take his masculinity"

Penny Lancaster reveals she keeps Rod Stewart out of the kitchen because cooking dinner would 'take his masculinity'

• Model said she was 'a bit old fashioned' when it came to gender equality
    • 44-year-old told ITV's Loose Women that 'putting on an apron belittles men'
    • Viewers condemned remarks, with one saying 'Does she live in the 1950s?'

Penny Lancaster has revealed that she keeps Rod Stewart out of the kitchen because cooking dinner would 'take his masculinity'.
    The model, who said she was 'a bit old fashioned' when it came to gender equality, said she believed that 'putting on an apron belittles men'.
    The 44-year-old made the comments as she was appearing as a panellist this morning on ITV's Loose Women.

Lancaster, who married the Scottish rocker in 2007, said that she was all for 'equal rights' but that she believed in 'the hunter gatherer, the macho man, looking after the family'.
    'I do agree with equal rights and if women want to go and work that's fabulous,' she said.

'If anything, when men come home I think it's more a case of being more a part of the family, being with the children, spending more time with the children, being a strong role model.
    'But going as far as cooking and putting the apron on, I think that, not belittles men, but takes the masculinity and I would miss that.'
    Penny Lancaster on how men cooking takes their masculinity

+4

Lancaster, who married the Scottish rocker in 2007, was criticised by viewers for her controversial remarks

She added: 'We're different... men are from Mars and women are from Venus, testosterone, estrogen, we're different creatures, I think you've got to let men do it their way.'
    But viewers were quick to condemn her views. One user tweeted: 'Does Penny Lancaster live in the 1950s?'
    And Dani Carrington added: 'Guess women are just used to being dehumanised then?'
    Menawhile, another user wrote: 'So men shouldn't cook dinner?? What about single dads?'
    Lancaster also revealed that her husband dresses up for family dinner at home, saying he puts on a 'smart pair of pants and a shirt'.
    Lancaster appeared on the show alongside Ruth Langsford, Coleen Nolan and guest panellist Saira Khan.

Read more: Penny Lancaster reveals she keeps Rod Stewart out of the kitchen | Daily Mail Online

I guess she'd have wept bitter tears of emasculation at the sight of my Bloke volunteering to wash the dishes last night so he could try out his brand new rubber duck shaped dish brush...
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

So, how long has he been sneaking into the kitchen?

Seriously, what a load of poo.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I disagree with her. Men who like to cook are hot. Women are not the only ones who can bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Someone should compile quotes from models / former models and turn it into a book. Words to live by - deep thoughts from starving people, or some such shit. Smoke a bowl and read that shit... night of your life.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

A*O

Ha, ha. If this works for her (and Rod!) then good on them but I think she'll regret going public with it.
    sputnik, nwgirl and MontanaMama like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

That's actually a pretty good idea CFG, but it wouldn't be complete unless you included a whole section on celebrity mothers being cosmically attuned to every living being on the planet thanks to shoving a sprog out.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

What should we call that chapter?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

"My Vagina Is More Magical Than Yours - Motherhood and Morons"

"No offense to your kid, but we wish you had swallowed."

"How to be an even bigger twat by getting a bigger twat"

Oh brother.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Gold Member

She's standing next to him while he's wearing that suit with a can of product in his hair, and still thinks his masculinity hasn't been compromised?

If she's happy in that kind of relationship, ok.
    czb and sputnik like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I guess the kitchen does what all those urban legend jokes about getting his stomach pumped failed to do...
    sluce likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I liked what Snopes had to say on the matter. "Never mind that the amount of semen supposedly pumped out of the subject generally exceeded the capacity of even the largest of stomachs and would have required continuously performing blow jobs for about three days straight to ingest,"
    BITTER likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information