Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Victoria Beckham allegedly having tattoos erased

Default Victoria Beckham allegedly having tattoos erased

Is Posh having her tattoos faded so she looks Posher? Victoria Beckham is 'undergoing laser treatment to remove inkings over fears they are affecting her image as a businesswoman'

• Tattoos on Victoria's wrists celebrate milestones with her husband David
    • Appear considerably faded in recent images compared with few years ago
    • Understood she wants them removed as she is concerned about her image

By SIMON CABLE FOR THE DAILY MAIL
    PUBLISHED: 22:19, 12 June 2015 | UPDATED: 12:53, 13 June 2015

+3

On display: Victoria Beckham's wrist tattoos

The skimpy outfits of her Spice Girls days have long been consigned to the back of her wardrobe.
    But there’s one fashion statement from her past that Victoria Beckham, now a respected designer, is finding harder to shift.
    The 41-year-old former pop star is believed to be undergoing laser treatment to have some of her extensive tattoo collection erased.
    Inkings on her wrists – which she had done to celebrate milestones with husband David – appear considerably faded in recent pictures compared with a few years ago.
    It is understood Mrs Beckham, who launched her successful fashion label in 2008, opted for laser treatment after becoming concerned the tattoos were not befitting of a high-powered businesswoman.
    As well as the roman numerals VIII-V-MMVI representing May 8, 2006 – the date the couple renewed their wedding vows – her right wrist bears the Latin phrase ‘De Integro’, which translates as ‘again from the start’.
    This is said to mark her new beginning with her husband and family in the United States, after the former England captain moved to the club LA Galaxy in 2007.
    On her left wrist she also has her husband’s initials, DB, and the words ‘Together, forever, eternally’ written in Hebrew – chosen to mark her tenth wedding anniversary.
    Another Hebrew tattoo down the back of her neck reads ‘Ani l’dodi li va’ani lo haro’eh bashoshanim’, meaning ‘I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine’. Her husband has a matching design on his arm.
    Mrs Beckham also has five stars inked on her lower back, one for herself, her husband and each of the couple’s three sons – Brooklyn, 16, Romeo, 12, and Cruz, ten. The Beckhams now also have a daughter, Harper, born in 2011.

Laser tattoo removal uses beams of coloured light to break down the ink into minuscule fragments, which can then be absorbed into the bloodstream and excreted via the liver and digestive system. Private clinics charge around £150 per session for a small tattoo and up to £800 for a larger one.

+3

2009: The inkings, which celebrate milestones with husband David, can be seen on Victoria's right wrist

+3

2015: As well as the roman numerals VIII-V-MMVI representing May 8, 2006 – the date the couple renewed their wedding vows – her right wrist bears the Latin phrase ‘De Integro’, which translates as ‘again from the start’

Eight to ten sessions are typically needed for large tattoos.
    The procedure can cause temporary discomfort, blistering and redness, and the tattoo almost never completely disappears. Figures show almost a fifth of Britons have at least one tattoo.
    Even the Prime Minister’s wife Samantha Cameron, 44, has a dolphin design on her ankle. However, four in ten people are said to regret their tattoos, while one in six want them removed.
    A spokesman for Mrs Beckham declined to comment.

Read more: Victoria Beckham 'undergoing laser treatment to remove tattoos' | Daily Mail Online

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

Erase her face too.
    dilligaf and Clubber Lang like this.

those aren't too bad and easily removed. i feel bad for those who have to get big ones removed. i heard it's painful. i'm sure lots of people will be getting theirs removed in the future as nowadays tattooing is so common, just put anything anywhere, anytime you feel like it. not the hardcore tattoo culture people, but the kids doing it as a fad, like the huge ear guages people lol.
    dilligaf and nana51 like this.

I heard it's more painful than getting them done in the first place!

So glad I'm too much of a boring auld cunt to have succumbed to that particular fad.
    Last edited by Belt Up; June 14th, 2015 at 11:36 AM.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Silver Member

Good, they're ugly. I never even pierced my ears!

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    I heard it's more painful than getting them done in the first place!
    Getting a tattoo removed is the most gawd awful pain I've ever experienced.

Silver Member

I didn't want to have to wear earrings all the time.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cartermrc View Post
    I didn't want to have to wear earrings all the time.
    Good answer! Mine aren't pierced either. I kept putting it off in highschool, never got around to it afterwards. Since it turns out lots of metals make my skin blow up, it was probably a good thing, ultimately.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I barely ever wear earrings and my holes are still there (GET YOUR MIND OUT OF GUTTER).
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I hate that color ink too, it always looks like stains to me, no matter what it says. I know myself well enough not to get tats because I'm so fickle that whatever I get, I probably won't like anymore in a few months.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I have five and I love them. LOVE THEM!!
    kasippu and Novice like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

After seeing a particular gross CSI where the Lyme nod was full with black ink from a tattoo,.. I am thanking god I never had one.

I'm glad that when I was young and stupid and wanted a tattoo I was also dirt poor and could not afford one. I would probably have got one of those chinese characters that mean chicken or a tramp stamp.

The ear gauge things look revolting, I guess thats the point of them but they are seriously disgusting.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Lyme nod? Confused...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information