Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: Vince Vaughn wants guns in every school & an end to gun-free zoning

Default Vince Vaughn wants guns in every school & an end to gun-free zoning

On getting stuck making “assembly-line comedies”: “I’m not blaming anyone else but myself here. The machine can make you idle. You read a script and then you agree to a role, then soon enough you’re on set looking at a scene that has had all the juice and the life sucked right out of it. You become a hired gun doing a very inoffensive PG-13 movie and, well, you kind of just go along with it. Like anything in life you’re either growing or you’re dying. When you get too comfortable you start to decline.”

On the American government:
    “Edward Snowden is a hero. I like what he did. My idea of treason is that you sell secrets to the enemy. He gave information to the American people. Snowden didn’t take information for money or dogmas. Governments claim to write endless laws to protect us, a law for this, a law for that, but are they working? I don’t think so. The consequences are that there is a staggering loss of freedom for the individual. I look at the drug wars and they are absolutely f***ing ridiculous. There is a black market and the prisons are overcrowded and it’s not preventing drug use. There’s a corruption that goes all the way to the top.”

On the American right to own a gun:
    “I support people having a gun in public full stop, not just in your home. We don’t have the right to bear arms because of burglars; we have the right to bear arms to resist the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government. It’s not about duck hunting; it’s about the ability of the individual. It’s the same reason we have freedom of speech. It’s well known that the greatest defence against an intruder is the sound of a gun hammer being pulled back. All these gun shootings that have gone down in America since 1950, only one or maybe two have happened in non-gun-free zones. Take mass shootings. They’ve only happened in places that don’t allow guns. These people are sick in the head and are going to kill innocent people. They are looking to slaughter defenceless human beings. They do not want confrontation. In all of our schools it is illegal to have guns on campus, so again and again these guys go and shoot up these f***ing schools because they know there are no guns there. They are monsters killing six-year-olds.”

On whether guns should be allowed in schools:
    “Of course. You think the politicians that run my country and your country don’t have guns in the schools their kids go to? They do. And we should be allowed the same rights. Banning guns is like banning forks in an attempt to stop making people fat. Taking away guns, taking away drugs, the booze, it won’t rid the world of criminality.”

[From British GQ]

Cele|bitchy | Vince Vaughn wants guns in every school & an end to gun-free zoning

It would make for more exciting schoolyard games of cops and robbers.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

it's interesting, he can go from kind of smart to fucking retarded in the space of about three words. the smart bits are few and far between though and i don't think has more than a superficial understanding of most of the issues he's talking about. the first paragraph is the only time he's the least bit introspective and sounds like he has any clue what he's talking about.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm okay in a "okay-with-an-editor-with-facts-and-a-bright-red-pencil" kind of way with his first two paragraphs. The rest makes me simultaneously roll my eyes and shudder. Moron.

too funny. fucking Vince Vaughn trying to sound all intelligent and introspective and shit.
    Honeythorn likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

^^^ i see more moron than smart ....

^^^
    for sure. he's surprisingly introspective about his career though, especially compared to the idiocy of his political views. (except for the part about the drug war)
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Stop talking, Vince. Just stop talking.

Well, at least he's right about Snowden being a hero.
    Clubber Lang, Ravenna and sputnik like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

This won't be a popular statement, but I agree with some of what he said. I carry concealed (as do many people in this area) and in my city the crime rate is exceptionally low. IMO, people tend to be less likely to shoot up a joint if there's a good possibility several people are packing heat. We had a few gang members attempt to shoot up a bar in a small town in my state, three other bar patrons pulled out guns and took care of the issue before any innocent people could be hurt. Again, this is just my personal opinion; guns falling into the wrong hands is a very scary and dangerous thing, gun owners need to be responsible and keep their shit in a safe.
    I'm also entirely against unsuspecting citizens being spied on- I'm looking at YOU George W. Bush.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I need to stay out of these fucking gun threads.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

As a Dane I'll never learn to understand why (some) Americans need guns to protect them against the government. Do they really think the government will suddenly turn USA into a dictatorial dystopia. That's a level of distrust in the democratic process, I just don't get.

I completely agree about Edward Snowden, but yes, as the interview progressed further he sounded more and more like the idiot I expected him to be.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

I am so disappointed

To think that Jennifer Aniston agreed to enter a Showmance with this one. I wonder if VV has always held these views.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information