Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire Tour Before It Even Starts

Elite Member

Default Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire Tour Before It Even Starts

I apologize if this is a double post, didn't see it elsewhere.

From Rollingstone.com:

Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire Great Escape Tour

"I'm so sad and sorry to let my fans down... we'll be back out on the road when the next album is done," rapper promises fans

BY DANIEL KREPS May 30, 2015

Iggy Azalea has canceled her upcoming Great Escape Tour Taylor Hill/WireImage

Iggy Azalea's Great Escape Tour, originally scheduled to kick off this spring before it was postponed to the fall, has now been cancelled entirely. The trek was set to begin on September 18th in San Diego. "As you may know, the tour is cancelled. I'm so sad and sorry to let my fans down... we'll be back out on the road when the next album is done," Azalea tweeted to fans on Friday.
    SIDEBAR

Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea Go Campy in 'Pretty Girls' Video »
    Great Escape Tour ticket holders were emailed a message informing them that Azalea's tour was cancelled and refunds were available at point of purchase. "There will be a new tour planned around Iggy's new record to be released in 2016 and we apologize for any inconvenience," the message said. However, Azalea still plans on making good on her non-tour summer festival dates. "The cancellations don't include Pittsburgh Pride, Ottawa Bluesfest, Québec Summer Festival, or Washington State Fair. Still coming to those," the "Pretty Girls" rapper tweeted.
    The Great Escape Tour, which was officially announced in December 2014, was initially set to begin April 14th in Fresno, California with Nick Jonas and Tinashe serving as opening acts. In March, Azalea revealed that the entire jaunt would be postponed until the fall. "It is bumped back because I am a psychopath – it's my first arena tour, so it's a big undertaking and I'm doing a lot of the creative direction," Azalea told 97.1 AMP in March (via New York Times).
    "To accommodate for creative team availability and tour production plans, it was determined that the tour will not be ready this spring," Azalea's reps said at the time. "It is extremely important to Iggy that she delivers the show she envisaged to share with her fans and that requires more time in development... The tour getting pushed back only means that it'll be way more amazing than it would've been in April. Good things take time." No explanation was given why the fall dates were nixed.
    Azalea also hinted back in December that her tour was dubbed "The Great Escape" because "this name is somewhat relatable to what I'll be naming Album 2," the follow-up to her 2014 breakout The New Classic.

Read more: Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire Great Escape Tour | Rolling Stone
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Elite Member

I'm going out on a limb here to call it- drugs.

Also I'm blown away by the unprofessionalism here. This bitch is not some huge, established star with hundreds of millions of dollars coming in, she's not Barbara Streisand or Katy Perry for fucks sake. Her label has got to be seeing red about now.
    Last edited by Clubber Lang; May 30th, 2015 at 04:55 PM.

Elite Member

I was gonna say poor ticket sales, but drugs is a good guess, too.

It will be because of sales, and she (and the record company) were way too ambitious in already trying to do an arena tour without support acts.
    arie_skop, Belt Up, holly and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

It could be poor ticket sales but she is pretty hot right now and generally when ticket sales are bad they'll scrap the bigger rooms and re-book a tour in more moderately sized venues asap- the article says she's not touring now until after the next album is out.
    In order to recoup the lost ticket revenue with artists while I was at one of the labels, we either would send the artist out anyway and give tons of tickets away to radio, or would immediately do a smaller scale tour. It's odd to me that she scrapped the whole thing for the next year. That being said, for an arena tour she should be co-headlining with an act close to her level, Nicki Minaj would've been a good choice.
    Last edited by Clubber Lang; May 30th, 2015 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Maybe they suggested that to her and she was having none of it? Or that because there should be a new album next year she's holding on to the idea of a headline tour then instead of a rehashed version now?

I think if it was drugs, the record company would be trying to foist the "going to rehab for exhaustion" line on everyone. Plus, her record sales aren't phenomenal and her general Twitter idiocy and overexposure have put a lot of people off her from what I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    I was gonna say poor ticket sales, but drugs is a good guess, too.
    Yes, poor ticket sales and maybe more Plastic Surgery lol

But it's odd that an upcoming artist would cancel her tour right now especially after a few hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    It could be poor ticket sales but she is pretty hot right now and generally when ticket sales are bad they'll scrap the bigger rooms and re-book a tour in more moderately sized venues asap- the article says she's not touring now until after the next album is out.
    In order to recoup the lost ticket revenue with artists while I was at one of the labels, we either would send the artist out anyway and give tons of tickets away to radio, or would immediately do a smaller scale tour. It's odd to me that she scrapped the whole thing for the next year. That being said, for an arena tour she should be co-headlining with an act close to her level, Nicki Minaj would've been a good choice.
    Nicki Minaj cant stand her.

Iggy should've picked a smaller venue

Wow, this is a bad move PR-wise. Some of these wonders can't even manage their 15 minutes. * cough Ke$ha *
    arie_skop likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

They were insane to think she could fill arenas. She's hot right now but she isn't that hot.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

She may be hot but she's not likeable at all. The smart pop tarts at least hide their bitch until they're more established, but not this asshole.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She sucks as an artist!! No one wanted to see that live!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Now the masses don't get a chance to witness this again? A goddamn shame.

"A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

^^the fuck was that?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Tire Monks!?
    Air Quotes likes this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information