Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: George Clooney: ‘I’m a big believer in the idea that you can’t try to look younger’

Default George Clooney: ‘I’m a big believer in the idea that you can’t try to look younger’

George Clooney is Hollywood’s ultimate Silver Fox, so we’d probably go into mourning if he ever decided to dye his salt-and-pepper strands. Luckily, the 54-year-old actor maintains he’s not touching his grays.

“For me, it’s never been an issue or an option,” he told BBC radio’s Jenni Murray about his famous hair during an interview promoting his new film, Tomorrowland. “I don’t think it would make much sense. I’ve seen it happen, and particularly on men I don’t think it works very well. I think it actually makes you look older. I’m a big believer in the idea that you can’t try to look younger — you can just try to look the best you can at the age you are.”

And although he embraces his mature mane, the actor said that aging does affect him.
    “There is nothing fun about aging,” he shared. “I know for actresses it’s infinitely worse because of public perception based on nothing except studios not hiring them, but I think for all of us you have to come to terms with getting older and not trying to fight it. You have a couple of options, which [are]: get older or die. You have to get used to the idea that your roles in films and who you are and how you’re perceived is going to change. And that will disappoint people at times.”

We imagine the support of his successful, gorgeous and crazy-stylish 37-year-old wife, Amal Clooney, helps the star feel youthful as well.
    “She’s someone I enjoy spending every minute of the day with, and I’m very proud to be around,” he gushed about the lawyer and civil rights activist. “And watching the things she does I admire so greatly. I’ve always been involved in things other than this business, long before I was successful at it. She’s been doing it quietly and unheralded for a long period of time, and I’m very proud to be married to her.”

[From People]

Cele|bitchy | George Clooney: ‘I’m a big believer in the idea that you can’t try to look younger’

I thought he was older than 54.
    arie_skop and BelledeJour like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

He's at that awkward stage. Another 10 years when his hair is completely white and he has a few more wrinkles he will be hot again. That sure is an awful photo of him, he needs to smile. I admire his thoughts on aging and he does sound like he's very much in love.
    bootspaige likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Well she sure as hell isn't 37.

He's lost any hot he once had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Well she sure as hell isn't 37.

He's lost any hot he once had.
    She's a succubus.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Me too, He must be older than 54

She's 37? Looks older, especially now that she's a praying mantis.

I love him but he's morphing into Barney Frank.

Elite Member

"I know for actresses it’s infinitely worse because of public perception based on nothing except studios not hiring them, but I think for all of us you have to come to terms with getting older and not trying to fight it."

Gee George, is this why you only bang women 20 years or more younger? Hypocrite. I hate this guy, such a fake.
    Clubber Lang and holly like this.

I reread what he said about her, and what I got from it is that he's insecure about the public perceiving him to be "just" an actor so he married her to prove that since he can get somebody as intellectual as she is, he must have a brain in his head. Her brains and reputation is what he admires about her most. But is he hot for her and in love? I just don't see it.

And I don't think she's hot for him either. From her end, I cannot see what she gets out of it, unless she's a fame whore.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    I reread what he said about her, and what I got from it is that he's insecure about the public perceiving him to be "just" an actor so he married her to prove that since he can get somebody as intellectual as she is, he must have a brain in his head. Her brains and reputation is what he admires about her most. But is he hot for her and in love? I just don't see it.

And I don't think she's hot for him either. From her end, I cannot see what she gets out of it, unless she's a fame whore.
    From the looks of the all of the pap photos of her I would say yes, she is infact a fame whore.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post

From what I've read, they are pretty closely aligned in terms of political views.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    From what I've read, they are pretty closely aligned in terms of political views.
    I agree, I think it's a relationship based on politics. Hot!

Ooh, Mr. and Mrs. President!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

my doctor is like a not so attractive version of him. i do agree that guys look really funny when they start messing with their faces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information