Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Honey

Thread: Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Oprah Winfrey Among Forbes' Most Powerful Women for 2015

Default Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Oprah Winfrey Among Forbes' Most Powerful Women for 2015

Girls really do run the world! Forbes released its annual list of the World's Most Powerful Women on Tuesday, May 26, putting a spotlight on some of the biggest names in business, politics, philanthropy, and, yes, entertainment. Naturally, both Beyonce and Taylor Swift are among the honorees.

Queen Bey ranks No. 21 on the list, ahead of Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour (No. 28), but behind media mogul Oprah Winfrey (No. 12), whom Forbes describes as its "top ranking billionaire." (According to the magazine, her personal net worth is a whopping $3 billion.)
    Further down the list are celebs including Ellen DeGeneres (No. 50), Angelina Jolie (No. 54), Sofia Vergara (No. 57), Shakira, (No. 81), and Swift (No. 65), who, at 25, is the youngest of the 100 honorees.

"The bona fide, cross-genre global megastar has not only broken record sales and captivated the world with her fantastically honest music, but she has proven herself as an impressive businesswoman," the mag says of the "Style" singer, citing her decision to pull her music from Spotify.
    "As an entertainer, she has also changed the sometimes cruel culture of fame itself...Swift knows the key to making her voice and actions heard and taken seriously: getting her millions of fans to trust her," the mag adds. "It wasn't a difficult decision to put Swift on the list, and there's no denying that she's one of the most significant cultural influencers of our time."

Also on the list are entertainment execs like Universal Pictures Chairman Donna Langley (No. 58), whose studio is responsible for such blockbusters as Fifty Shades of Grey and Furious 7. She's joined by Fox Television Group CEO Dana Walden, among others.

The No. 1 spot, however, belongs to German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who also topped the list in 2014. Coming in at a close second is presidential hopeful and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
    See the full list at Forbes.com. Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics, and more delivered straight to your inbox!

Read more: Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Oprah Among Forbes' Most Powerful Women 2015 - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    dougie likes this.

Elite Member

From eonline.com
    NEWS/

Jay Z and Beyoncé Dethroned as the Highest Paid-Celebrity Couple: See the New King and Queen

by Daniel Nissen Fri., Jun. 26, 2015 11:50 AM PDT

• Tweet

Instagram
    Jay Z and Beyoncé have to "bow down" to a new most powerful power couple.
    Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris have raked in a whopping $146 million in the last year, towering over the Carters' measly $110.5 million—as reported by Forbes.
    Taylor's last album, 1989, was the best-selling album of 2014 and according to ForbesCalvin is the highest paid DJ in the world.
    Aside from their lucrative music careers, the two make bank on some pretty big endorsements.
    Swift has Diet Coke, Keds and Sony, and Harris has Giorgio Armani and Sol Republic headphones.
    PHOTOS: Taylor's "Bad Blood" posters
    It's no accident that the hot young couple are so stinking rich, T. Swift knows how to handle business. Taylor recently convinced Apple to reverseits policy on not paying artists royalties during the 90-day free trial. Calvin was quite proud of Tay's accomplishment, tweeting: "I just played a gig inside a giant owl and my girl just changed the entire music industry what a day."

• T
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Aren't Beyoncé and Jay-Z worth a billion dollars together?

I think they are probably still the one of the wealthiest celeb couples around.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Aren't Beyoncé and Jay-Z worth a billion dollars together?

I think they are probably still the one of the wealthiest celeb couples around.
    From how I interpreted it (the E-news article), this was just about what they made last year, not their overall net worth.

This is just sad. I'm sad for the world. No one who actually does a damn bit of good.

Thread Information