Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in Taxi Crash

Default 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in Taxi Crash

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/24/a-beau...n-forbes-nash/

'BEAUTIFUL MIND'

Inspiration for Movie

KILLED IN TAXI CRASH

The Nobel Prize-winning mathematician who was the inspiration for Russell Crowe's character in "A Beautiful Mind" is dead, along with his wife, after a fatal taxi crash.

John Forbes Nash, Jr. and his wife Alicia were in the back of a cab on the New Jersey Turnpike when the driver tried to pass another car and lost control. The taxi crashed into the guard rail and both Nash and his wife were ejected. They were not wearing seat belts.

Nash was a brilliant mathematician who battled paranoid schizophrenia ... a character well-played by Crowe in the 2001 movie, which won an Oscar for Best Picture.

Nash won the Nobel Prize for Economics in 1994 for his work in game theory. He taught at Princeton and MIT.

Nash was 86. Alicia was 82. They were married for 60 years.

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

This was some sick news to hear this morning. Ugh, how tragic.
    Brookie and Alysheba like this.

i didn't catch the movie, so i'm not familiar with this man, but want to say it's always a bitch when someone makes it to a ripe old age only to be killed senselessly. the only 'un' tragic thing here is that he and his wife went together, so neither of them have to live alone without the other (which would probably kill them within a year anyways, old love does that sometimes).
    tulip, Bombshell, deenz and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Annika -- I so agree. How senseless. My daughter learned about him a few weeks ago in psychology. She was so shocked to hear about this.

Isn't it compulsory to wear seat belts in a registered cab? There are notices in some countries inside the cab.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I saw this headline yesterday, and it didn't include the fact that his wife was also killed. So sad for their family to lose them that way.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Isn't it compulsory to wear seat belts in a registered cab? There are notices in some countries inside the cab.
    No seatbelt, he totally deserved it. I wonder if he smoked too? #askingforit

but seriously, of course it's compulsory but let's be honest here, who wears a seatbelt in the back of a cab? I know I forget to most of the time.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

^^^ i would wear a seatbelt in a cab on the turnpike. i realize most people don't wear one in cabs for city driving, but i do.

i didn't assume that this guy wasn't wearing a seatbelt. i see that the article posted here says he did not, but the other ones i read didn't mention it.

Sad sad news, looking back I don't think I have ever worn a seatbelt in a cab either.

They were both ejected, so obviously no seat belts. I never wear them in taxis either, this is a good reminder to do so.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

In most states the seatbelt laws pertains only to the front seats for passengers over 18.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    They were both ejected, so obviously no seat belts. I never wear them in taxis either, this is a good reminder to do so.
    i know it's anecdotal, but i know someone who was ejected from a car when he was wearing a seatbelt. so that's why i did not assume that nash wasn't ....

I was partially ejected while wearing a seatbelt. I wasn't seriously injured because of the seatbelt, mostly just deep internal bruising that was followed up closely for six weeks. Cars now have seatbelt mechanisms that lock the belt when the brakes are punched.

i loved the movie about this man, may be and his wife RIP.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I used to forget. Then this one time I rode with an insane Russian cabbie who tried to sideswipe a car who cut him off. That plus screaming epithets in Russian and those perpendicular San Francisco hills. Never again. Well, no Russian cabbies and I always wear my seatbelt.

Did Nash's driver survive? I didn't see that anywhere. And I'm with Annika. If I'd been with someone for all my life like that I'd want to just go together. I hope it was quick, no suffering. RIP.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Such sad news. I don't think I ever wore a seatbelt in the back of a cab but I do in the back of any other car. I'm betting I start now.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information