Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By yanna
  • 3 Post By rollo
  • 6 Post By Kittylady
  • 3 Post By Grandknight

Thread: Mariel Hemingway talks about her life and dishes Hollywood Men in her new book

Elite Member

Default Mariel Hemingway talks about her life and dishes Hollywood Men in her new book

Mariel Hemingway Dishes On Hollywood Men In New Tell-All Book – Woody Allen, Robert De Niro & More EXPOSED

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 @ 4:19AM
    Mariel Hemingway Tell-All On Robert De Niro, Eric Roberts & Woody Allen | Radar Online

Getty

Mariel Hemingway tells all! The actress dishes on her troubled childhood and the hot men of her life in the new memoir, Out Came the Sun

At 53, Hemingway has transformed herself into a mental health icon, despite her family demons and struggles with depression and food compulsions.

“This is what happens in the Kennedy family. That is what happens with the Hemingways. It keeps bringing life to this idea that a curse exists that you can never get out from under,” Mariel writes.

But that’s not all! The former actress also dishes on the many Hollywood men that came into – and most certainly out of –​ her life.

When Hemingway moved to New York City in hopes of becoming an actress, Woody Allen came calling, offering her a role in his film Manhattan.

“Our relationship was platonic, but I started to see that he had a kind of crush on me,” Hemingway writes of Allen.

Allen disappeared when Hemingway rebuffed his advances to take her to Paris.

For her next big film, Star 80, the actress claims Bob Fosse was an even stranger director to work with, going on “drug-fueled rampages” during which he would hit her, chase her around couches and ranted that he always slept with his leading ladies.

When she turned him down, Fosse reportedly called her a “manipulative c***.”

Robert De Niro apparently read for the leading male role of the film, but didn’t get the part.

“He didn’t look anything like the Robert De Niro that I was in love with. He was fat and unpleasant and talking in that thick accent. And then, he started to hit on me,” she writes, later calling him an “a**hole” for hitting on her.

Instead, Eric Roberts was cast in the role, and proved to be the greatest pain of all.

“He was a dream during rehearsals, but he “turned into a monster” when she wouldn’t go out with him.

“He wouldn’t look at me until cameras started, or he would stomp down on my toes just before a close-up. He even spit in my face once.”

She added: “Eric wore me out every day. He made a difficult movie more difficult. And then like magic, his personality switched back‘. At the end of the shoot, he said, ‘Didn’t we have a wonderful time’?”

Hemingway’s juicy tell-all is available now.

Did anyone not hit on her?
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

^ LOL. This could be any number of actresses talking about how their utter gorgeousness was so distracting!

On the other hand, it's a sleazy profession.
    Air Quotes, Ravenna and arie_skop like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

All of these guys are known to be a-holes like this. Although I was kind of surprised by the Robert Towne story - not mentioned here.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ LOL. This could be any number of actresses talking about how their utter gorgeousness was so distracting!

On the other hand, it's a sleazy profession.
    agree, it's sleazy. so i'm not surprised all those geriatrics hit on her.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Did anyone not hit on her?
    I guess that so many actors and directors and producers and so on consider fucking the lead actress (and supporting actresses and make up artists and anyone else who catches their eye) not only a perk of the job but an absolute right. I'd be more shocked if an actress came out and said that she'd never been hit on by various people on every movie she'd worked on.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Bronze Member

I'll read it, I'm glad she outs Woody Allen about his creepiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I guess that so many actors and directors and producers and so on consider fucking the lead actress (and supporting actresses and make up artists and anyone else who catches their eye) not only a perk of the job but an absolute right. I'd be more shocked if an actress came out and said that she'd never been hit on by various people on every movie she'd worked on.
    You have a point. And this was the 70s-early 80s, sexual harassment was much more rampant in all industries.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    You have a point. And this was the 70s-early 80s, sexual harassment was much more rampant in all industries.
    I don't think that it has changed that much either - they've just got better at putting a gloss on it now.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Thread Information