Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Sienna Miller gives away her Newfie for getting too big

Default Sienna Miller gives away her Newfie for getting too big

God I fucking hate this bitch so much.

Sienna Miller gave away her Newfie dog Nana when she got too big: ugh?

• May 11, 2015

Full confession: I only really like big dogs. I’ve never had a small dog and never really wanted to. My dog is a big Newfie mix, more than 100 pounds, and he resembles a bear cub. He’s a pain in my ass but I love him to pieces. So I was interested in hearing that Sienna Miller got a Newfie girl puppy a few years ago. She named the dog Nana and she was adorable as a puppy. Nana grew up to be a big hulk of a dog (go here to see a photo of Sienna with Nana), which is what happens when you get a Newfie puppy. But this growth apparently shocked Sienna, and she has given the dog up. Huh.

It was clearly difficult for Sienna Miller to resist Newfoundland puppy Nana when she was a tiny black bundle. But it seems the American Sniper actress failed to factor in the breed’s astonishing growth rate – they can weigh up to 9st and measure 6ft from nose to tail.

Now three years after bringing Nana home, the dog has been adopted by Sienna’s stepmother Kelly Hoppen, who owns a sprawling estate in the Cotswolds.

It’s a sensible move – Sienna, who has a two-year-old daughter, Marlowe, and another dog, Bess – previously admitted that on walks Nana ‘pulls me over flat on my face into the mud’.

[From The Daily Mail]

One side: she’s a total douchebag for not understanding that one day that adorable Newfie puppy would end up as a huge dog. I hate people who don’t understand the basics of dogs, or are like “Oh, I only wanted a small puppy, not a big dog.” Then don’t adopt a Newfie puppy!

The other side: my Newfie mix had a few years where he was bit crazy and temperamental and every dog is different. I could see where it could be a case of hoping Nana would be a gentle giant and Nana ending up being much more of a handful than expected. And Sienna prioritized her daughter ahead of Nana and found Nana a good home in the country, where she could run and be wild all the time.

Here’s a random Newfie.

View image | gettyimages.com

Here’s an old photo of Sienna with her other dog, Bess.
    Last edited by greysfang; May 11th, 2015 at 12:39 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What a cute doggie. She gave the dog to her stepmother, she's not as bad as the Biebs.

ETA: She named the dog Nana, maybe she thought the dog would one day babysit her kids? Idiot.
    Last edited by llamamama; May 11th, 2015 at 12:48 PM.
    Beeyotch likes this.

czb

ugh. i hate hearing things like this.

big dogs pull. HARD. that's why you train them ....

Fuck this bitch, don't get animals if you don't plan on keeping them for life!!!!!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

As if we needed another proof she was a clueless moron
    SHELLEE, greysfang and dowcat like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I agree with all of you. but at least giving the dog to her parents is not as bad as leaving at the shelter or giving it away to a strange family. Maybe they live in the country where she will be happier? I'm trying to be nice and it's not working.
    Liza, snoopqueen and ConstanceSpry like this.

I cannot even imagine owning an animal for a few years and then just getting rid of it. I can understand if you have no other choice, but even then I'd be heartbroken. BEYOND heartbroken. If anyone told me I'd have to get rid of my cats I'd lose it. I love those guys, they're my babies. Even when one of them inexplicably poops in my bathtub. There's no way Sienna did not know how big this dog was going to get when she got it.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

The only way I would do something like this is if the dog became aggressive towards my kids, otherwise I'd go straight back to training class instead of pawning the dog off on a relative.
    czb, tulip, Kittylady and 1 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

at least she gave the dog to a family member with a big property so nana will have plenty of room to run. it's nowhere near as bad as those awful cunts anna faris and chris pratt who wanted to get rid of their old, incontinent cat because it was a nuisance and they were going to have a baby. that fucker was trying to give the cat away on twitter.

on a shallow note, i totally love sienna's hair and sunglases in that picture.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Oh what's all the fuss......" the dog has been adopted by Sienna’s stepmother Kelly Hoppen, who owns a sprawling estate in the Cotswolds." It sounds like the dog's better off to me. I think she realized it was just too much dog for her all around. it's a win win.

I don't like her either, but I can't fault her for this. Newfies are huge dogs and can be very active and playful and maybe with a toddler and living in the city (London) it became too much. She didn't give the dog to a stranger, but to her stepmom who lives on a country estate, so she and her kid can still see the dog whenever they want. Plus does anyone else think maybe it was the best for the dog? It's often cruel to have big dogs like that if you don't have enough yard space.
    dougie, olivia and soogar like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Again, she should have thought of all that before she got the dog, but then this bitch isn't exactly known for mature long-term thinking.
    Last edited by greysfang; May 11th, 2015 at 03:11 PM.

czb

what some people don't realize is how much a dog can bond with you and your family, especially if you've had them since they were a pup. agree that a newfie is not suited for urban life and is probably better off in a less populated area, but it is still thoughtless.

As if I needed another reason to dislike the hag.
    Honey, ChemicalHelena and holly like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Ugh - I spend about 1/2 my free time working as a volunteer with a local animal rescue. It is heartbreaking some of the stuff we see. I never liked her, so of course I'll find fault with her. Just glad she gave the dog to a family member instead of dumping it at a shelter or a stranger.
    Honey likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information