Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Kristen Stewart: Women who get plastic surgery are 'losing their minds'

Default Kristen Stewart: Women who get plastic surgery are 'losing their minds'

In typical Kristen Stewart fashion, the actress is calling it like she sees it.
    The 25-year-old Clouds of Sils Maria star covers the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar U.K. and opens up about sexism in Tinsel Town, calling Hollywood "disgustingly sexist" and adding that "fame is the worst thing in the world."
    In addition to her cover story, the former Twilight stunner, who has been in the biz since she was a little girl, shares her beauty secrets and her exercise regime as well as her thoughts on plastic surgery.

"I either like being really sexy or insanely androgynous," the brunette stunner reveals. "I'm not great at applying make-up myself. My mom never taught me anything, she doesn't wear make-up...I like mineral make-up. You can't screw it up and it's not bad for your skin."
    When it comes to plastic surgery, Stewart has strong opinions and has no desire whatsoever to go under the knife.
    "No, never. Never," she says of plastic surgery. "I am so freaked out by the idea of doing anything. And maybe that's completely arrogant but I don't want to change anything about myself. I think the women who do are losing their minds. It's vandalism."

Stewart's desire to stay true to herself is often apparent—the Runaways star is regularly spotted on the red carpet wearing Converse sneakers and she refuses to conform to the industry's beauty standards.
    "I don't like having nice hair, ever," she explains of her signature messy 'do. "There's something about it that pushes me over into feeling like I'm wearing a costume. So long as I can have my hair the way it normally is, then I can do everything else full on."

As for her workout routine? Turns out Stewart, who previously played an army guard stationed at Guantanamo Bay for her role in Camp X-Ray, is one tough gal.
    "When I'm in good shape I can do 40 push-ups in one go," she reveals. "If I'm not in good shape, I can do 10. If I am trying to get into shape and I want to be strong, I'll drop and do 20 every half hour throughout the day. I can do 250 push-ups in a day, which is pretty impressive. At the moment, I can do 20 comfortably. It takes me about a month to get into phenomenal shape with a trainer."

http://uk.eonline.com/news/654660/kristen-stewart-says-women-who-get-plastic-surgery-are-losing-their-minds-it-s-vandalism

I think the women who do are losing their minds. It's vandalism."
    Aging is vandalism. PS is restoration.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Yeah, yeah. Easy to say this when you're 25.

We can certainly tell she doesn't like having nice hair. I wanna see her do these push-ups.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

When I'm in good shape I can do a whole bottle of wine
    When I'm not in such good shape I can do a glass at a time.

I don't think it's fair to say women who get ps are losing their minds. People have their reasons for doing things. I don't have a problem with it. I think young women getting ps before they're even finished developing is insane, but that's just me.

Elite Member

Sometimes PS can work wonders and help people, especially when they have a severe insecurity about a part of themselves.

It's when people become addicted to it and completely hack up their faces and bodies (*cough* Kimbo & Klan, Amber Rose etc *cough*) then it becomes insane.

But Kylie Jenner, getting work done when she is still a baby herself, is INSANE.. i just don't know how any surgeon or clinician (is that correct?) would even consider doing 'unneeded' work on someone so young, impressionable and insecure who is still growing? .. Kardashian/Jenner money and presence knows no bounds, i guess?

Yes, if the young person has a birth defect or something like that, and it is severely impacting their well-being.. Then it can be a life saver.

Sorry.. i'm rambling again..

Kristen is yet another on my soft spot list.. i really like that she doesn't fit the 'norm' of Hollywood's beauty standards and doesn't give a shit about it either. and i just think she is very refreshing.

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    To be fair. Isn't she like 12 on the left? That was back when she was still looking like a young Leo.
    Last edited by joebob; May 10th, 2015 at 10:46 AM.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Yeah, let's see if she's singing the same tune 15 years from now.
    holly and Clubber Lang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    To be fair. Isn't she like 12 on the left? That was back when she was still looking like a young Leo.
    Probably but your nose does not shrink as you grow up!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Gold Member

She vandalized her nose ...
    Clubber Lang likes this.

idk, mine shrunk as I got older. I look at myself at 13 and it was fairly fuller, plus she's smiling in the before photo.
    Alysheba likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Probably but your nose does not shrink as you grow up!
    Uh, mine did. Seriously. Or my face grew into it. But it definitely takes up less of my face than when I was a kid. And I never had any surgery except on my tonsils.
    arie_skop and Alysheba like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

At twelve I still had my fat baby nose, then puberty hit and it narrowed.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Uh, mine did. Seriously. Or my face grew into it. But it definitely takes up less of my face than when I was a kid. And I never had any surgery except on my tonsils.
    Same, I think our faces just grow into it, and our features end up being more balance as we get older.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information